Need advice on forehand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Hi all, I'm hoping to get some advice on a new forehand rubber.

I have been playing Table Tennis for a year. I play competition twice a week and practise 2-3 times a week.
My style is close to mid range attacking, I mainly use short pendulum and backhand serves. Since January, I have been using a ALL+ wood blade with Yasaka Mark V 2.0mm rubbers on both sides. I am quite content with the blade and Mark V 2.0mm for my backhand but would like a rubber that has a bit more spin and speed for my forehand.

My coach suggested I use Mark V HPS or Stiga Calbira LT. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
For me, I just looked at the fact that either currently, or at one time or another, just about all the top Chinese shakehand players played with hurricane neo III rubber forehand. So my line of thought was, well, might as well get that rubber, then I can no longer use the excuse of, oh well my equipment isn't good. At least from my experience, it takes just a short time for me to adjust to the properties of the specific rubber that I chose. For example, when I first switched to tenergy 64, it was nothing like any backhand rubber I ever used in the past, but after a few weeks I loved it.

Hurrican Neo III is really spinny, and initially may feel like it lacks power, but now I love it. My play style also tends to be very offensive, and trys to mimic the Chinese style, so thats why it works for me. I have also used Chinese rubber for most of my life, so the transition might not have been as big as for other people.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
For me, I just looked at the fact that either currently, or at one time or another, just about all the top Chinese shakehand players played with hurricane neo III rubber forehand. So my line of thought was, well, might as well get that rubber, then I can no longer use the excuse of, oh well my equipment isn't good. At least from my experience, it takes just a short time for me to adjust to the properties of the specific rubber that I chose. For example, when I first switched to tenergy 64, it was nothing like any backhand rubber I ever used in the past, but after a few weeks I loved it.

Hurrican Neo III is really spinny, and initially may feel like it lacks power, but now I love it. My play style also tends to be very offensive, and trys to mimic the Chinese style, so thats why it works for me. I have also used Chinese rubber for most of my life, so the transition might not have been as big as for other people.

the issue there is that all the good chinese who use hurricane III boost it.
hurricane III is one rubber boosted and another rubber not boosted.
I use sanwei t88-I at the moment.
it's a bit similar to hurricane III but more well rounded and probably not so tacky (which makes it faster).
another rubber I want to try for fh is galaxy moon.

Last edited: