Need advice for my new paddle!

Zei

This user has no status.
Hey guys, I'm ready to upgrade my paddle! I've been playing for about a year with the paddle under my user, unranked, and I'm a Modern Defender who plays mid to long-distance defense with close-mid distance offense. I'm looking for something that'll let me be defensive when I get pushed back, but very fast and top-spin heavy when I'm pressing the table.

The current things I'm looking at:

Donic Defplay Senso
Feint Long III
Donic Acuda S1 Turbo

Does this seem like a good setup or should I be looking at other rubbers/blades?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Gunna be a long learning curve for the LPs, not to say you cant use them. Why not try a really thin sponged inverted rubber for bh defense and see how it goes?

www.colestt.com will ship you inexpensive stuff in USA. If you want new gear, go for something with some flex adn enough kick. A W-6 all wood blade with Inspirit Quattro Ultra light in your favored hardness and a thin sponge of inspirit (say 1.3-1.5) for starters can work out fine. You can prolly get that as a combo shipped with a case for near $50-$60 USD

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
It seems to me you want everything here.
Either you want a slow setup to defend, or you want a fast setup to attack... It seems hard to combine the two...

Zei

This user has no status.
It seems to me you want everything here.
Either you want a slow setup to defend, or you want a fast setup to attack... It seems hard to combine the two...

That'd be nice! But let me be a little more specific... I have the LPs for defending and chopping and I want a faster FH rubber so I can loop and attack (as well as balance the slowish blade). Similar to Joo Se Hyuk's style, but I like Euro/Japanese style spin way more than Chinese. The LP paddle I played with uses these LPs and Tenergy. Kinda want a setup like that, but not quite as fast.

Gunna be a long learning curve for the LPs, not to say you cant use them. Why not try a really thin sponged inverted rubber for bh defense and see how it goes?

will ship you inexpensive stuff in USA. If you want new gear, go for something with some flex adn enough kick. A W-6 all wood blade with Inspirit Quattro Ultra light in your favored hardness and a thin sponge of inspirit (say 1.3-1.5) for starters can work out fine. You can prolly get that as a combo shipped with a case for near $50-$60 USD

I was gonna do that, but I've already upgraded my FH to the Hurricane III's and I played with LPs for a little while and I did really well with it (I chop with my Focus III as it is, so I just had to adjust a bit). Thanks for the idea though :)