China is Table Tennis?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
In democratic countries you'll never be able to practise like the kids in China do, it'd be against the law..
So it's hardly possible to catch them, you need to have outstanding talents like Boll or Waldner..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Yeah, but like I said, you need more than one outstanding talent at the same time to be a threat to China!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeah, but like I said, you need more than one outstanding talent at the same time to be a threat to China!

Yeah true, because I feel Timo Boll only beats them once every 3 attempts or something like that.. and the thing is there are 5 China players who are the level of Timo.. so its difficult for him.

However, i hear the Olympics your only now allowed maximum two players per country in the draw... so Timo will only have to worry about playing against two of them at the Olympics.. so he stands a better chance...? But in general I.e. the world championships and Pro Tours its really difficult for any European to come through to the end of the draw...

Am i correct here?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
So many people are complaining about the chinese dominance but they deserved this dominance :D
I only want to see good table tennis and so I dont care who is playing ... if two chinese fight each other, it's so .... indescribable
but I like it too if someone defeat the chinese

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
its their government stink, not the people; don't judge them as a whole with stereotypes, their people are just as brainwashed as any other country citizens

speaking of evil, if you have ever purchased anything made in china, yep you are funding them indirectly. Its not twisted argument but rather, how you look at things. Maybe we all need a course in political realisms

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
It's the government, that's what I was trying to say :b
And Dan, you're right, it's has become easier to win the Olympics but since China will send their 2 best players I doubt that it will be easy for Timo :D
And London will probably be his last chance!
Further the next WTTC will show if he's capable of pulling off his best performances at big tournaments, he's never done it before..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
In democratic countries you'll never be able to practise like the kids in China do, it'd be against the law..
So it's hardly possible to catch them, you need to have outstanding talents like Boll or Waldner..

No offense, that is complete bullshit. All this ingrained western propaganda. Against the law? what are you talking about? It's Chinese parents who put their kids in table tennis lessons, often because they themselves played table tennis. Asian parents care way more about their children than most western people. They revolve all their income, all their time around their children, they wouldn't put their kids through something that is so "horrendous" that it would be against the law in "democratic" countries.

Yeah they train hard, but to make a statement such as yours, saying they train so hard it would be against the law in democratic countries is complete bullshit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
No offense either, but I wouldn't say that if I didn't have some background information...
I should've said it differently though, not against the law but in a way it would not be tolerated in Germany, etc..
I've seen several reports about chinese trainings methods on tv and believe me, the kids are often treated in an unacceptable way..

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
No offense either, but I wouldn't say that if I didn't have some background information...
I should've said it differently though, not against the law but in a way it would not be tolerated in Germany, etc..
I've seen several reports about chinese trainings methods on tv and believe me, the kids are often treated in an unacceptable way..

I had a Chinese training partner who was in the national junior team before he moved to England and he did tell me how outrageous some training sessions were and that kids get hurt if they make a mistake ect. You can see how there discipline is second to none and they train/sleep/eat for table tennis. I think the Europeans eat/sleep for table tennis but also try to have a life also, like night clubs and have fun ect... where as pretty much most time of the year the Chinese are training or in competition.

This user has no status.
No offense, that is complete bullshit. All this ingrained western propaganda. Against the law? what are you talking about? It's Chinese parents who put their kids in table tennis lessons, often because they themselves played table tennis. Asian parents care way more about their children than most western people. They revolve all their income, all their time around their children, they wouldn't put their kids through something that is so "horrendous" that it would be against the law in "democratic" countries.

Yeah they train hard, but to make a statement such as yours, saying they train so hard it would be against the law in democratic countries is complete bullshit.

you got it! way to go!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I had a Chinese training partner who was in the national junior team before he moved to England and he did tell me how outrageous some training sessions were and that kids get hurt if they make a mistake ect. You can see how there discipline is second to none and they train/sleep/eat for table tennis. I think the Europeans eat/sleep for table tennis but also try to have a life also, like night clubs and have fun ect... where as pretty much most time of the year the Chinese are training or in competition.

It's true that they train insanely hard. But to say it even approaches anything close to breaking the law, or even as his revised wording stated, unacceptable, I don't agree with. China's table tennis program is structured in a way that there is no chance you will be playing for the team past 35, thats plenty of time to relax, so its really not that crazy that they put in a ton of work when they are young. What better time to work insanely hard, when you are young, your body can take it, and you have the energy to do it. It's the mentality of nearly all successful people. Once they are done playing for the team they are set for life, because the Chinese Athletic system takes care of its successful players. You are provided with housing, a job, you can be a coach for the team, or open your own table tennis club, which will draw a ton of people, since they know you have skill. In many ways because China is run in a solely capitalistic/market way, professional players in China do much better than those in other countries. Because they don't have to reply solely on sponsors and etc for their income, they have state support.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It's true that they train insanely hard. But to say it even approaches anything close to breaking the law, or even as his revised wording stated, unacceptable, I don't agree with. China's table tennis program is structured in a way that there is no chance you will be playing for the team past 35, thats plenty of time to relax, so its really not that crazy that they put in a ton of work when they are young. What better time to work insanely hard, when you are young, your body can take it, and you have the energy to do it. It's the mentality of nearly all successful people. Once they are done playing for the team they are set for life, because the Chinese Athletic system takes care of its successful players. You are provided with housing, a job, you can be a coach for the team, or open your own table tennis club, which will draw a ton of people, since they know you have skill. In many ways because China is run in a solely capitalistic/market way, professional players in China do much better than those in other countries. Because they don't have to reply solely on sponsors and etc for their income, they have state support.

I know what your saying its very true, their programs are fine tuned to perfection from the years of experienc. However, I think David was just trying to say that the way they teach in China it wouldnt be allowed in European countries. For example,,, i had to do a Child Protection Act course to do my table tennis coaching qualification in England and so many things i was taught that i was not allowed to do.. or i may get sued!... For example, touching the child, i.e, showing them how to do the technique is actually not legal... however they said you can do it... but on paper its not legal.

However, im sure in China they would have loads of rules and regulations... its probably the stories that we have heard of people over the years about China thats why we perceive it as very strict ect. Maybe some Chinese people on this forum can comment for us on actually how there training rechiemes are??

This user has no status.
i know china has a lot of physical education schools or training centres. kids left their home, left their school and get into there to study(both elementary and high school), train and sleep. once the kids get into the school or training centre, their whole life are pretty much stuck in there. 100% for table tennis or some other sports like gymnastic...etc. it is like an athletic factory. that is why they can produce massive of table tennis athletics. i'm wondering is there any of these type of school in europe?
i feel the academies for english football, hockey, basketball, baseball and american football in both europe and north america can also produce and build up many prospects for their own sport. the way and the system are being use are hardcore but not as cruel as in china. i heard the kids in china, they can only see their parents once per year. they can't even have any relationship when they are mature.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
what i have seen here in china is parents take there childrens to the clubs and coach teaches them, how to play, i have played with many kids and i have seen them playing with very good skills, there ages were around 7, 8 years old and they have been playing for one year. i asked the coach that this kid's skill is better than me, he said that kids learn quick but my point is they are drawn to clubs because of their parents and sometimes coaches are very stricts and their training are so hard, after seeing that i could imagine, why china is dominant in the whole world...