Another new poster from Texas!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Hello! My name is Travis. Everyone except for my family calls me T.L., so you can call me that, too. As the title of this thread indicates, I am from Texas - the Austin area to be more specific. I play at the Austin Table Tennis Club. I have been looking for an active table tennis forum and this seems like just the one. I am constantly buying new equipment - certainly faster than is truly good for me - but what can I say? I love trying out new rubbers and blades and I fervently seek the advice of the community when it comes to my future equipment choices.
A bit about myself: I am twenty-two years old, a musician by trade, an adventurer by nature. I enjoy writing fiction stories, some short some long, and composing and arranging music. I have been playing ping-pong for almost two years now and have enjoyed frequent games, four or five times a week. I play Chinese penhold grip and, no, I am not Chinese. I use reverse penhold backhand exclusively - except for some over-the-table situations.
More to come, I suppose. I look forward to being active in this forum!

Regards,
T.L.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Say hi to Jeff Ngeun for me. That dude from Temple who wields his hard bat still kickin tail over there?

One of our weedend warriors in our Korean club plays C-Pen with RPB. He will seek to fast attack RPB any loose ball or an underspin to BH side and FH topsin the logo paint off the ball, then step back and play retriever with side spin all day long. You would like his game. He is the retriever defender in the last several vids on my youtube channel Der_EchteJ

William in Korea.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For those not knowing Texas, the climate and the lay of the land can be quite oppressive and make you the same way. many of the cities have stuff too far spread out and dis-organized. Austin, USA is not like that at all, it is prolly one of the finest cities around USA. Something for everyone to do and easy access to it. You name it, someone or some peoples are doing it and you can get in on it.

The TT club they built in Austin is a TT only facility built with a LOT of labor from club members, LOTS of tables properly partitioned off and open every day for hours on end. You can prety much count on one or two hands the number of clubs like that in USA full time. They also go way out of their way for new players. That is the lifeblood of any club is a pile of new players who stay interested in hte game. Austin TTC has a lot of special stuff for that crowd and it really works.

Reactions: GalaxyRacer
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I spent 5 years in Texas somewhere north of Austin, the only habitable city within 500 miles.

Say Hi to Jeff and the dude who plays with an OX SP rubber kinda like hardbat is a computer dude who I think comes from Temple, his name on your former site's forum was Netwarker. I think Joe Dorn knows exactly who he is, and say hi to Joe for me as well.

Before I came to Korea, I lived in OK and sometimes traveled south on long weekend holidays to visit friends, and found a way to visit your club a few times when it was being built.