Good all-round rubber

says Hello! suggest me for a good all round defensive rubber
Nov 2011
Hey hello there!
First of all, this is a good site for all TT lovers so congrates!

I am currently using a GKI Spintec bat which is having tensor in it so I was finding it too fast for me and its durability is equal to nothing. Also, I being a an all round defensive player am finding tough to perform chops in it so I am searching for a good, cheap, all round rubber(mainly of Donic/butterfly). My backhand is more powerful than my forehand so please suggest me what kind of rubbers will suit me. Hoping for a better response. Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
hey, i tried using spintech too...it's a decent rubber when you're starting off....but you're right it's very less durable. if you are a defensive player you can go with the hexer andro....it is very good for the short game and excellent at blocking. it costs Rs. 3400 one side and it's durable too. i've been using it in my forehand and though i am an attacking player....what i compromised in speed i made up in excellent control. i find it excellent from mid table range. however, truth be spoken, it's not very good for topspin against topspin duels away from the table. but i rarely get into such rallies, as i'm not that good.so it suits me fine. it's really a great rubber for blocking close to the table if you can adjust to hitting short spinny loops focussing less on kills.

if you are biased with brands, then you can go for donic sonex jp gold. i used it once and it's excellent. it's faster than hexer but it provides a great combination of speed spin and control. you can buy any of this two depending on your game. truth is, there is no good TT equipment as such. anything that suits you best, is the BEST. Between, it's good to see more members from India!...where are you from?...all the best!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Get some inexpensive Dawei XP 2008 and call it a day.

Get it from www.colestt.com or www.echeng.net

Yeah. Donic/Butterfly doesn't really rhyme with cheap. (it's eAcheng.net btw)

OP, if you want to try chopping with long pips, those sites stock RITC 837 for like 6$. CTT Pogo is good as well.

Last edited:
Nov 2011
Hey sumangupa, Thanks for your reply!

as you said that hexer andro is brilliant for blocking, I may put it for my BH as i mainly block on BH and I like to topspin on FH so andro might not be a good choice for my FH.
Talking about sonex jp gold, I feel its too fast for my game as I've once tried it.
What are your views on Butterfly Sriver FX? I've not tried it but the reviews are quite good and the control's not bad either!
Lso, talking about blades, your Blade is Gki power carbon, isnt it? do tell me about it. I searched for quite bit of blades but my eyes went over butterfly Micheal Maze but its bit too heavy on my pocket so am looking for an alternative for it. Please do suggest me for an allround blade too if you have anyone in mind. and ya good to see you too! I am from Gujarat. what about you? thanks, do reply!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hey sumangupa, Thanks for your reply!

as you said that hexer andro is brilliant for blocking, I may put it for my BH as i mainly block on BH and I like to topspin on FH so andro might not be a good choice for my FH.
Talking about sonex jp gold, I feel its too fast for my game as I've once tried it.
What are your views on Butterfly Sriver FX? I've not tried it but the reviews are quite good and the control's not bad either!
Lso, talking about blades, your Blade is Gki power carbon, isnt it? do tell me about it. I searched for quite bit of blades but my eyes went over butterfly Micheal Maze but its bit too heavy on my pocket so am looking for an alternative for it. Please do suggest me for an allround blade too if you have anyone in mind. and ya good to see you too! I am from Gujarat. what about you? thanks, do reply!

I recently changed my blade too. I haven't updated it here. GKI Power Carbon is okay. it's just the beginning range for carbon plies, so it's great again if you're starting off with carbon plies...but in 6 months or so, if you're practising daily, once your game goes up a notch, you'll have to get a new blade for better performance. this will restrict your performance.how long have you been playing?...if you can control, butterfly primorac carbon is a decent blade...you can go for it...or the donic waldner ultra senso carbon works fine too in the cheaper range.

and you can use hexer on both sides, it's good for top spinning as well....as for me, I'm from Bengal...I've represented my district, local clubs and my college. I'm still learning though, I started off late. but I've trained with pro guys for a couple of years. still, kolkata and siliguri rule our region and we're always the underdogs....hahaha...i passed out from college four months back and will be joining infosys next march. so, just a few more months of regular training , then i'm skeptic...on how frequent will i get to play....what about you?

Nov 2011
I recently changed my blade too. I haven't updated it here. GKI Power Carbon is okay. it's just the beginning range for carbon plies, so it's great again if you're starting off with carbon plies...but in 6 months or so, if you're practising daily, once your game goes up a notch, you'll have to get a new blade for better performance. this will restrict your performance.how long have you been playing?...if you can control, butterfly primorac carbon is a decent blade...you can go for it...or the donic waldner ultra senso carbon works fine too in the cheaper range.

and you can use hexer on both sides, it's good for top spinning as well....as for me, I'm from Bengal...I've represented my district, local clubs and my college. I'm still learning though, I started off late. but I've trained with pro guys for a couple of years. still, kolkata and siliguri rule our region and we're always the underdogs....hahaha...i passed out from college four months back and will be joining infosys next march. so, just a few more months of regular training , then i'm skeptic...on how frequent will i get to play....what about you?

Well I've been actually playing from past 3 years but become serious from 2 years only. Ya, Waldner series are much cheaper and better one and waldner allplay was a quite good hit too.. Had you bought it from sports shops or any websites? I am planning to buy it from websites.
Good to hear abt you.. I've been actually practicing a lot but then without proper guidance(no coach), Ive not been able to compete against those bloody state level guys. You know how good they are! Still, I am my own district champion but still I need to improve my game drastically. Anyways, thanks for your revert. I'll let you know once I buy it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Well I've been actually playing from past 3 years but become serious from 2 years only. Ya, Waldner series are much cheaper and better one and waldner allplay was a quite good hit too.. Had you bought it from sports shops or any websites? I am planning to buy it from websites.
Good to hear abt you.. I've been actually practicing a lot but then without proper guidance(no coach), Ive not been able to compete against those bloody state level guys. You know how good they are! Still, I am my own district champion but still I need to improve my game drastically. Anyways, thanks for your revert. I'll let you know once I buy it.

I'm not so sure about websites. we have our own dealers here who supply equipment to all players. so, buying stuff is not really a problem. 2 years and dist champion is impressive!...it's not so easy here....i am only the 3rd player in my dist team....the other two are way better than me.the good thing here is we have very stiff competition. your state guys will know. so its easy for us to find intermediate level coaches who are ex state players. TT and soccer...the two things our state can be more or less proud of!!...nice knowing you too. Cheerio!