German Open - TT Guru's Stats

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
View attachment 2885Following another fantastic episode in the World Tour, I have prepared a collection of statistics from the event.

This year's German Open was stated by Dan to have the highest entry in the tour's history. I'm not sure whether that's true, but it certainly didn't have the most matches, not even in this season, with the Hungarian Open beating it by a whisker.
Nevertheless, the competition was an enormous endeavor and a spectacle for all viewers around the globe. Upsets, comebacks, emotions and triumphs abounded.
However, this thread is not to show the despair and elation of our favorite players. No, it's to take a look at the cold hard numbers and percentages.
So, if you're a stats addict like me I hope you enjoy the following figures...

germanstats2.jpg

germanstats3.jpg

germanstats1.jpg

For the outstanding player award I chose Dimitrij Ovtcharov, not just because he was the eventual victor in the men's singles, but because he showed determination and resolve, fighting for every point and not giving an inch. Ovtcharov has risen to new heights this year, and the German Open displayed this in stunning clarity for me. Dimitrij Ovtcharov is not to be trifled with.

Thank you for taking the time to view the above content.
I will see if I can find any statistical anomalies from the tournament, and of course I'm available to answer any questions ttdaily members may have regarding this information.
There will also be a thread for the entire 2012 World Tour once the Grand Final's are completed, and possibly threads for the upcoming Poland Open and Grand Finals depending on the interest this thread gets. Perhaps even a comparison between 2011 and 2012 seasons... you decide. ;)

TT Guru

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow amazing review! I love this. Ill have a good old read later today when i'm on my laptop :) I guessed the German open was the highest entries didnt think I had seen a World Tour with over 306 participants :).. Polish Open will be interesting, I hope for a Dima, Wang Hao final :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Size has been fixed, thanks to Dan.

Did you know Iveta Vacenovska is the first woman from the Czech Republic to reach the final in the tour's 16 year history.
In fact, she's the only European born woman to reach an open singles final since 2010!

What do you think can be done to change the dominance of Asia in women's table tennis?

Last edited: