Best Table tennis Tip

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Heres an interesting thread that I think we can share with each other. My question is, what are your best table tennis tips that you know of?

Ill start...

- Try to always spin the ball low over the net (avoids opponent countering the ball easy)

- When in a topspin to topspin rally, switch the ball into your opponents backhand as soon as possible!

- Serve practice with focus and pressure. Don't just serve, serve for a purpose.

- When your at a tournament... for preparation.. remember what your good at and go out there and give it your best no matter the outcome.

- Probably my best tip that really improved me was self evaluation. Have a diary, record your practice and write down what went well and bad in a session. This makes you go over in your heard whats good and bad and you will think what to do for next session!. Its also handy in a tournament to, so you know what went well against an opponent.

Thats what I can think of for now :)

Post below...

P.S. The best tips im going to put into one page, quoting the persons name here and the quote itself... So it can be an official TT quote slash/tip :)

Dan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
The best general tip for players, who are just playing for fun, and to get better, ie, not to become professional players, is just first to study videos of pros.

Concentrate on understanding the 4 main basic properties of each point.

1) the serve: here, from videos you will see that most points are short, backspin

2) short game: learn how to control the short game, so that you are able to attack first more often than not,

3) transition to mid/long game: learn how to loop correctly

4) mid to long game, is probably the easiest.

Once you just get the basic properties of these 4 stages of a point, the rest all deals with playing people who while better than you are not so much better than you that you have no chance to learn from playing them. Here for example using the US rating system, try to play people who are 100-150 points above your skill level, and then play them for a while, until you improve to their level and just keep going up. You learn so much better and quicker when you play against good players. I spent last summer actually going to a local table tennis club, and just playing 2 times a week for a few weeks against better competition improved my game substantially.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hi, some important tips I can give you are:

- Practise technique and control, master the different strokes, pushing, contra, topspin, block.
- Practise dirty effect serves, try to put as much as effect on the serve as you can. It will win you many many points
- Try to get lessons in your club, get a coach
- try to play players who are stronger than you
- Control your emotions, be mentally strong, motivate yourself during the match, don't yell or so when you're under... it shows weakness..
- Be a winner, try to win everytime you play..

regards;

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Always assume that your stroke will be returned and get prepared for that.
Regards
Bernard

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Always vary you're practice, don't do thousands of forehand loops in a row. Spin one, hit one, slow ball, power, placement. No rally is the same so why practice that way.

Thats up there with any Roger Federrer quotes there son! Love it :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
you win by:
either keep the ball on table longer than your opponent does
or make them miss before you do
or both
-find your balance between control and attack

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
1st when you are playing matches, you have to be concentrated and to have a tactic in your mind before you make a serve !!!
2nd you have to change your serve ( backspin , no spin ...... )
3rd and most important you have to find your opponent's weaknesses and concentrate your attacks there !!!
4th as i can see a lot of matches from kids to old players , they don't make spin!!! but they are hitting the ball with full power and it goes to net!!!
5th improve your footwork !!!!! BE ACTIVE !!!!! some guys are standing in the same place where they made a server !!!
6th try to play your gameplan with your tactics , to attack first and you will have the control of the match!!