• Rarely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

This user has no status.
T

This user has no status.
On another forum, Kalin said: Waldner played pretty good with Svensson's blade. Here a video of that match:

Why don't players carry a spare bat? We've seen it at the pro level recently with Ovtcharov and now Waldner. Even at our amateur level, I have seen EJ players break their bat and then go and buy a new blade from the vendor because they don’t have a backup.

Or maybe I should have asked "Have you ever had to use the spare due to damage or test failure;)?"

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I have never carried a spare... i guess because of the equipment prices... it would be quite costly!

I cannot belive Waldner did'nt have a spare... quite amazing really... Some pros I know always carry a spare bat... and im going to put this question in the Pro Interviews im doing :)

I remember Wang Liqin hit his rubber on the table... I think it was in the Bejing Olympics... he had a spare bat with him

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I personally have a practice bat which is slightly less offensive than my main bat, but with the same rubbers. I was at a tournament and I swung from under the table and broke the handle off (by severely catching the rubber) my bat. I had my practice bat in my bag and ended up using it, and reminding myself why I like the more powerful blade in competition. It worked, it won points, but I didn't get the job done.

This user has no status.
T

This user has no status.
Did Waldner throw Svensson's paddle at the end of the match?

No. At least I think not. It looked like a throwing gesture. He did not have anything in his hand. I think.
But Waldner wanted that match didn't he. Losing 12-14 in the 5th to Baum at his age was a very good performance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I rewatched that like 5 times, I am pretty sure he does throw it, he has it in his hand while he is making the throwing motion, and then he doesn't have it afterwards. (also if you get lucky you can freeze it in a frame where the blade is in midair.

This user has no status.
T

This user has no status.
I wasn't sure but I take your better eyesight as proof.:cool:

This user has no status.
T

This user has no status.
Just checked again. The bat was in his left hand. He shook the umpire's hand with his right and then made the gesture. Are my eyes that bad? Anyway, there's no bat when he walked off. Maybe he did it to appease Donic;)

Last edited: