innerforce zlf vs timoboll zlf

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
I was just about to buy a new blade and I wanted to get one witch has the power but still has vibration(even if its. A little)so I ruled out ALC blades and al blades and I have chosen zlf a my material but these are the only zlf blades in england and I can't find a comparison on the 2r anywere can someone compere them plese thanks bye

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Well... I have timo boll zlc, it is fast, powerful on close table, good control. It has vibration too

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Those are two great blades. They are both fantastic. A lot of touch, great feeling, dwell time, lots of spin, and more than enough speed. The main difference is the outer plies. Innerforce ZLF, (I have not played with this blade in over a year but, it was amazing when I did so my memory of the construction could be a little off). The outer ply was Limba. I believe there were 2 plies of Limba before you got to the Zylon. Now Limba is a sort of soft wood. I think the core was Ayous. I don't remember if there were other plies in there. To me, this felt like the best blade I have ever felt. But I love the combination of Limba and Ayous.

So I think the plies on the Innerforce ZLF were: Limba-Limba-Zylon-Ayous-Zylon-Limba-Limba

I believe the plies on the Timo Boll ZLF are: Koto-Zylon-Limba-Kiri-Limba-Zylon-Koto

The biggest difference there is the Koto outer ply. Koto has a hard feeling, and as an outer ply pairs well with the Zylon which gives it a soft feeling under the hard surface. The combination feels good, because you have a lot of dwell time from the Zylon and the Koto helps you retain the speed. Close to the table the TB ZLF felt faster and more powerful. But it lost something as you backed up a little bit more than mid distance.

The Innerforce ZLF felt like it had more control and, unlike the TB ZLF, it did not feel to me like it lost power as you went farther back, but gained. This might have to do with the two plies of wood before you hit the Zylon and the idea of digging into the ball with the larger swings as you are back off the table more.

Regardless, those are two of the best blades I have hit with. If it was not for my feeling that, using a blade that costs that much money is extravagant when I can find lots of blades that are almost as good for $40.00 or less (USD) that are all wood. And that, all the people who I know who are pros have told me at one point or another, that, for someone learning technique, all wood blades are desirable, I would be using either one of these even though, I prefer the Innerforce ZLF. And, truthfully, I think these two blades play with as much feeling as a good all wood blade. So, that info on all wood blades might not apply to these two blades.

In other words, if money was no object and I did not care that I was using a $150.00 blade that would get banged against the table and beat up, I would be using the Butterfly Innerforce ZLF as my blade of choice. And if anyone got me one for Christmas, I would not turn it down. :)

Hope that info helps.

Oh, by the way. If you have ever played with a TB Spirit or a TB ALC and compared them with a Michael Maze blade. That would give you an idea of the differences. Innerforce is made with same wood as Michael Maze. If you like the TB better, chances are you will like TB more than Innerforce. If you like Maze better, chances are you will like Innerforce better. Even though Innerforce ZLF does not really feel like Maze.

Last edited: