Shakehand grip tied or loose ???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Actually, it's more of using 'both' tight and loose grip at certain times during a match. For example, if you were to push a backspin ball back, you would loosen your grip to cushion the ball and if you were smash the ball, you would grip it a bit tighter and rely on more power to get it on the opponents side. Also, you said that sometimes, your strokes go out of control and what not? That's more to do with your stroke technique and your development in particular and not how tight or loose you hold the racket; a good stroke usually means a good shot. A tip I would give when doing a stroke is to 'lower' yourself by doing a slight crouch and then play the stroke; you won't see the person standing straight up and do a forehand, because it's going to go out!

So yeah, overall, I'd say develop your strokes more, lower your playing height to ensure each ball will get on the table when you play a certain stroke and tighten or loosen your grip during different times in a match :D Also another tip is 'footwork', make sure you work on that; you'll know why it's important :D

Last edited:
Reactions: amr_tareef
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
^
Just what I was going to say :D
If you are holding the racket correctly it should already be a firm grip, the power you hold it should be between tight and loose in normal circumstances
BUT in certain strokes you may tighten or loosen to adjust to the stroke, you may also tighten or lossen so you feel comfortable (preference).

Last edited:
Reactions: amr_tareef
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Actually, it's more of using 'both' tight and loose grip at certain times during a match. For example, if you were to push a backspin ball back, you would loosen your grip to cushion the ball and if you were smash the ball, you would grip it a bit tighter and rely on more power to get it on the opponents side. Also, you said that sometimes, your strokes go out of control and what not? That's more to do with your stroke technique and your development in particular and not how tight or loose you hold the racket; a good stroke usually means a good shot. A tip I would give when doing a stroke is to 'lower' yourself by doing a slight crouch and then play the stroke; you won't see the person standing straight up and do a forehand, because it's going to go out!

So yeah, overall, I'd say develop your strokes more, lower your playing height to ensure each ball will get on the table when you play a certain stroke and tighten or loosen your grip during different times in a match :D Also another tip is 'footwork', make sure you work on that; you'll know why it's important :D

You are totally right ... I am now developing my footwork ... And its improve my play style very much .

I start feels that the loosen grip is more much better.

Another Important tip that I always forgot :( And costing me a lot of points ... ( that twisting my body & start the swing from behind my leg )