Waldner lost in hard bat semi final!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
man i suck at playing hardbat, its so different, you have to alter your entire game. And I especially hate playing against hardbat players. I play so much worse against them, because shots that i normally would hit back go into the net because they don't have the same kind of top spin that i am used to when I am playing normal players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
players who cannot do spinny strokes play hardbat..if they played inverted game waldner would win 21-2, 21-1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2010
You are so blind when it comes to the sport of Table Tennis when its standard form was "hardbat"

Waldner simply thought he would win because he is a legend (he is by the way as we all know) but sadly there are many players playing hardbat Table Tennis such as the "bald guy" who are better than him and others. Give the "bald guy" credit he was technically superb, which Waldner was not .................. playing harbat.

players who cannot do spinny strokes play hardbat..if they played inverted game waldner would win 21-2, 21-1
Some news VANS they were NOT playing "inverted" or did Waldner not notice this ?

We know he would win easily playing inverted but this just shows the narrow mindedness if you cannot see past one type table tennis................. RESPECT IT GOES ALONG WAY

See some real technique and forehand ............... if they were around now - wow

Technique and class is permanant while form is temporary

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
You are so blind when it comes to the sport of Table Tennis when its standard form was "hardbat"

Waldner simply thought he would win because he is a legend (he is by the way as we all know) but sadly there are many players playing hardbat Table Tennis such as the "bald guy" who are better than him and others. Give the "bald guy" credit he was technically superb, which Waldner was not .................. playing harbat.

Some news VANS they were NOT playing "inverted" or did Waldner not notice this ?

We know he would win easily playing inverted but this just shows the narrow mindedness if you cannot see past one type table tennis................. RESPECT IT GOES ALONG WAY

See some real technique and forehand ............... if they were around now - wow

Technique and class is permanant while form is temporary

Wow thanks Dave!!

Those guys are insane!!

Heres the highlighted video and winner of the WUTTO Championships!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Never seen this, didn't know there was a separate competition.. So it's just the wood and the rubber with pips

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I mean I don't think Waldner necessarily thought he would win, just because he was a legend. If anything he probably expected to lose eventually. I mean of course Waldner's technique and everything isn't great, because he isn't used to playing hardbat. The fact that he can adapt his game that well, and still be very competitive against top hardbat players is pretty impressive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Great game by both players. J.O Waldner is getting old and his spirit is dying :(. It's great that he is still training though!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
i read the reactions to this, and I have to say something.

the bald player is my coach trainer, and he never did hardbat before, he's a regular table tennis player, like you and me.
in regular table tennis competition he's playing 3rd division of my country (the netherlands) right now.

and the guy who said "i can beat him 11-1 is" all talk and nothing else.

so keep in mind, "the bald guy" who is called Marty Hendriksen FYI, did not train for this, he just went there for fun and to play against J.O Waldner, because Waldner is his hero.

and he won, fair and square.

He is overreacting a lot now lately though... winning of Waldner got to his head.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
i read the reactions to this, and I have to say something.

the bald player is my coach trainer, and he never did hardbat before, he's a regular table tennis player, like you and me.
in regular table tennis competition he's playing 3rd division of my country (the netherlands) right now.

and the guy who said "i can beat him 11-1 is" all talk and nothing else.

so keep in mind, "the bald guy" who is called Marty Hendriksen FYI, did not train for this, he just went there for fun and to play against J.O Waldner, because Waldner is his hero.

and he won, fair and square.

He is overreacting a lot now lately though... winning of Waldner got to his head.

In the Netherlands it is pretty well known that Marty and some of his clubmates trained like 3 months or weeks, can't remember, before entering this tournament. Waldner was just having fun and he owned him around the net. Of course credits to Marty, but he should not be this arrogant. Everywhere he goes he thinks he is the best hardbat player because he won this tournament and beat JO. It is a pity that Marty doesn't have the class that belongs to a table tennis champion. Martin Groenwold is the better hardbat player by the way ;)