Cheaters SUCK!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Has anyone here ever play a cheater in a league or club match, something that mattered besides a friendly game? How did you handle it?

Thursday nights my club has a round robin tournament, it's a great way of moving up in ranks and being competitive. Tonight I played someone named Le for the second time on a round robin thursday. Le is well known for screwing up the score in his favor, and once even took a whole game away from someone to keep from losing. I played him last week and pretty much yelled the score every point, making sure he nodded his head and agreed before continuing, I wanted to make sure he didn't try to cheat. Well this week I figured he got the hint that I would be paying extra attention, so I wasn't so blatantly distrusting.

Wrong move. In the first game I was up 8 to 5, and decided to back off and defend his smash, I wanted to know how good it was in case I needed to defend it later. Well my plan was to let him match me, but when he won a point at 8 to 7 me, somehow the score got flipped around and he said it was 9 to 7 him. I stared him straight in the eyes and said stop cheating, it's 8 to 8. He denied it. I told him that it was 8 to 8 but that we would make it 7 to 7 to be fair, and I would announce every point from then on. He refused.

So I took it up with the guy that scores all the match outcomes, and he asked an official USATT ref that's a friend of his to settle this. He said that we'd start at 7 to 7 and he would ref as strictly as he would a usatt event. I then went on to smash the crap outta this guy 3 games in a row, no mercy no defense, pure attack. I dislike cheaters, especially in a gentleman's sport at a club where everyone is friends for the most part. I'll never play his guy again, I'd rather forfeit if we can't get someone to ref. Share your stories.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yes i have been cheated i played o over 2200 tournament beat everyone even the top seed the last guy i played i forgot to take take the score sheet and he put he won.It was at the sdtta club in san diego i had 8/ witness and it sad how can i beat a 2300 player than cmon i,m going to lose to a 1500 player i was outraged ..And the sad thing he never admitted it..Crazy right Happy New Year Table tennis Daily!!!