butterfly viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I dont know why it is so difficult to get that blade. I am playing with it and have to say what a fantastic blade.
Maybe Butterfly have too many similiar blades?

i have to ask the same question with gergely...are those gergeley today same as the classic one?gergely was produced i think wayback the 70s until i already have no idea when they stopped producing it...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I happen to read on Wikipedia that the racket Zhang Jike uses is Butterfly Viscaria and also that Butterfly had made a racket for Zhang Jike called the Butterfly Zhang Jike. Butterfly Zhang Jike is basically a more expensive version of Butterfly Viscaria, Butterfly probably stop making them so people would start buying the Butterfly Zhang Jike. Or it might be like how Wiseman said too many similiar blades. Or even both.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Read 4 reviews
Butterfly stopped produce viscarias as fast as timo boll spirit started for sell. Tbs is replacement for viscaria. All viscaria at this moment on market is not genuine. They are all identical copy of origin viscaria produced not by butterfly. Zhang jike also use this kind of non origin viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
i have to ask the same question with gergely...are those gergeley today same as the classic one?gergely was produced i think wayback the 70s until i already have no idea when they stopped producing it...

I think it is possible to get Gergely in Japan. http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_6&products_id=1076 is this the blade you are looking for?

All viscaria at this moment on market is not genuine. They are all identical copy of origin viscaria produced not by butterfly. Zhang jike also use this kind of non origin viscaria

I doubt your statement is true... first of all why would a sponsored Butterfly player like Zhang Jike use a counterfeit blade when he is endorsed but Butterfly?

Butterfly is still producing the Viscaria FL, but only for the Asian market. It's quite difficult (but possible) to import the blade to Europe because the authorized Butterfly dealers aren't allowed to ship Butterfly products overseas caused by the Zhang Jike blade is on the European market. They will lose Butterfly as partner if they do so and that is not good when Butterfly is one of the most selling brand at the moment.

Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I'm pretty sure zhang jikes new blade is a duplicate of the viscaria blade.

Not exactly, but close to. The compositions of the blades are the same, but the Viscaria is (5.8mm) a bit thicker than ZJK (5.7mm) and it is a bit more light as well. ZJK is a bit more stiff than Viscaria but just a tat.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Butterfly Zhang Jike is very similar to Viscaria, but, as Giangt has already said, some slight differences. They are both great blades. Other differences, the blade face is a slightly different shape. To me, the ZJK felt faster and as if it also had more control. I thought that was interesting and was not quite sure how Butterfly accomplished that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
If you're not sure whether you should get the Viscaria or not, you'd rather spend it on getting the Zhang Jike blade or something; almost everyone has said that Viscaria closely resembles the Zhang Jike blade, and UpSideDownCarl even said it himself :D

If you're unsure if 'any' butterfly blades are counterfeit, then you can get blades by STIGA or JOOLA, that could be right for you and even cheaper! Just my 5cents of advice :D

Reactions: Bishop Rasta 27
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Butterfly Zhang Jike is very similar to Viscaria, but, as Giangt has already said, some slight differences. They are both great blades. Other differences, the blade face is a slightly different shape. To me, the ZJK felt faster and as if it also had more control. I thought that was interesting and was not quite sure how Butterfly accomplished that.

I agree with Carl with ZJK having more control, but I liked the Viscaria handle better so that is why I chose to play with that one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
yeah...ttunreal's right about having doubt whether there is a counterfeit butterfly blade or none...better go for an equipment that you're sure about its specifications and much cheaper..

to sir giangt, ive already found what i'm looking for (gergely classic) in paddlepalace.com...its still kinda cost much, i hope it'll still be in stock until i've got enough $ to own it...the one that you've shown me from tt-japan is a newer alpha version of gergely...anyway, thanks sir....

more power to you guys....