Why China are so good - The answer is here!!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This is only one of thousands and thousands of training halls in China for the younger generation of players. Watch the young kids in the background how good they are!! They are not over the age of 11!

Comment below

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Wow, you say thousands? It'll be surprising if there is anyone in the top 1000 besides china in 10-20 years. Thanks for the Video!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
the forehand-strokes are very similiar to the european technique sometimes?!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
the forehand-strokes are very similiar to the european technique sometimes?!

Yeah they are similar... but if you look they train very close to table and very fast and dynamic.. I think the europeans tend to drop of a bit more... but its a great video and some of those kids techniques are perfect!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Wow, you say thousands? It'll be surprising if there is anyone in the top 1000 besides china in 10-20 years. Thanks for the Video!

Actually, even now, if you really allowed all the top Chinese players to play internationally, they would probably make up 15 of the top 20, and like 75 of the top 100. There is just so much talent playing in the Chinese superleague, but most of them never have the chance to play internationally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I would give everythink for training with the chinese pro team for one year. It would be so amazing to get "multiballed" by Liu Gouliang and Co and to train with the chinese pros :D Damn one year later back in Germany I would play 3 classes better
Only Imagination;) I know im too bad to train with pros and Liu is too proud to feed me with balls .. :D
but it would be very amazing
What do you think ? How much better would do you play after one year training in china (you get the same training like Ma Long, Zhang and co.)
Would you go to china?
I would do it but only for one year ;) I would miss family and friends and the training is too hard in the lenght of time

ps. china deserved to be the top

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...
Nov 2010
I'm sure it is great for the few who make it, but what about the millions who don't make it to the top? A few will make it as practice partners, but what about the rest? There must be thousands who give their lives to TT for many years, missing out on much schooling etc and then just get dumped at the end of it all. Do we really want a system like that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I'm sure it is great for the few who make it, but what about the millions who don't make it to the top? A few will make it as practice partners, but what about the rest? There must be thousands who give their lives to TT for many years, missing out on much schooling etc and then just get dumped at the end of it all. Do we really want a system like that?

I mean those who don't make it, play for the Chinese super league or for lesser leagues, or become table tennis coaches, or just go on to different professions. It's not really giving your life away, because by the age of 15, they can tell who will have potential and who won't. Most people who make it onto the national team do so from 13-15 years of age. If you don't make it, there is still plenty of time to focus on something else.

It's really not that different from any professional sport in the US. If you aren't good enough to make the jump from college to pro, then you have to switch to something else.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
even coachin weekends dont have this amount of people