RPB Rubber- DHS TinARC 3 or Butterfly Bryce Speed FX?

says Hi I am a Table tennis player in the Philippines. Im...
says Hi I am a Table tennis player in the Philippines. Im...
Dec 2010
Hi guys,
I need your opinions on these rubbers,on which I should get to replace my backhand penhold rubber. My blade is a OFF+ type and I want a rubber that can do almost the same playing style as Wang Hao :p.I also want a rubber that can flick very well and loop easily. Anyways just wanted to hear your opinions preferably first hand experience on these rubbers, Bryce Speed FX and TinARC 3. Thanks! :)

This user has no status.
Hi guys,
I need your opinions on these rubbers,on which I should get to replace my backhand penhold rubber. My blade is a OFF+ type and I want a rubber that can do almost the same playing style as Wang Hao :p.I also want a rubber that can flick very well and loop easily. Anyways just wanted to hear your opinions preferably first hand experience on these rubbers, Bryce Speed FX and TinARC 3. Thanks! :)

tin arc 3 for sure ! if it is an off+ blade then you can loop and flick easily ! i have tin arc on my M.MAZE OFF and on FH and it is excellent !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Hi guys,
I need your opinions on these rubbers,on which I should get to replace my backhand penhold rubber. My blade is a OFF+ type and I want a rubber that can do almost the same playing style as Wang Hao :p.I also want a rubber that can flick very well and loop easily. Anyways just wanted to hear your opinions preferably first hand experience on these rubbers, Bryce Speed FX and TinARC 3. Thanks!

Haha, first of all, make sure you don't get the rubber 'purely' because you just want to have the same playing style as Wang Hao; get the rubber that will benefit 'your' game! :D

And I would go with Bryce Speed FX; soft sponge which means good control for over the table gameplay (i.e. flicks) :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
You shouldn't look for a rubber than can do flicks, topspins, loops, and whatever you're looking for. If you're trying to find a rubber that can do all of that you're looking for the wrong attributes. Your technique is much more important than any rubber. Wang Hao uses' Sriver EL with a bryce sponge because that's what he prefers. His technique however allows whatever rubber he uses to perform those strokes. He can adjust to any rubber and produce the strokes you're looking for.

So I would suggest first figuring out where you need to adjust your technique before searching for a perfect rubber. You want a softer rubber to be able to control the ball and produce spin, but later when your strokes are perfected you can adjust to just about any rubber you want and you just have to look for attributes such as spin, throw angle, and speed.

But to answer your question, Bryce FX and Tin Arc both work on the backhand, but for what you're looking for Tin Arc is probably your best bet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Looks like we are having a despute here XD

What we're (Mr. RicharD, Markvee and I) are saying is that you shouldn't try to get a rubber that will try and make you play like a professional, rather that you should get a rubber that you know will make your gameplay much more comfortable :) And also, you can adjust yourself to a particular rubber; you don't have to get the EXACT rubber for your needs, just something with soft sponge or something, for control, and something tacky for over the table gameplay, things like that :D That's what we're trying to say :D