Would anyone like a table tennis table in a public space in their community?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
We have teamed up with Ping! to deliver concrete outdoor table tennis tables into communities, but are looking for communities who are keen to have one.

Our organisation, Spacehive, is an online crowd funding platform, so we allow communities to donate to projects in order to get them funded. In this case, 150 people would donate £10 or so and then the table would get built.

Reactions: laurenz_marvin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Well the table tennis table will need to be in a sheltered place so the table doesn't get wet.
Also it needs to be sheltered from wind so the ball is not rigged while you play.
You also need enough room to move around and a place to sit down or put your stuff while you play.
Therefore, it ends up that the table is still indoors...

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Well the table tennis table will need to be in a sheltered place so the table doesn't get wet.
Also it needs to be sheltered from wind so the ball is not rigged while you play.
You also need enough room to move around and a place to sit down or put your stuff while you play.
Therefore, it ends up that the table is still indoors...

No you don't get it.
There are many tables that are outdoors! They are weather-resistent and although you have to cope with wind, it is a perfect idea for open pools for example. We did that when we were young, the cities pools (hope u know what i mean ^^) were crowded so we stayed out of the water and played with hartbats on the tables!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
No you don't get it.
There are many tables that are outdoors! They are weather-resistent and although you have to cope with wind, it is a perfect idea for open pools for example. We did that when we were young, the cities pools (hope u know what i mean ^^) were crowded so we stayed out of the water and played with hartbats on the tables!
OH, there's that kind of tables? So smart.
Personally, I actually have a table a home, we don't have much space indoors so we play outdoors using an indoor table in a garage area (pretty much counted as indoor) where it's sheltered from wind. The table wheels right now are quite contaminated because of the stony ground roughing smooth wheels that were designed to roll on smooth surfaces.

Dec 2012
OH, there's that kind of tables? So smart.
Personally, I actually have a table a home, we don't have much space indoors so we play outdoors using an indoor table in a garage area (pretty much counted as indoor) where it's sheltered from wind. The table wheels right now are quite contaminated because of the stony ground roughing smooth wheels that were designed to roll on smooth surfaces.

Yes there are. They are of course nothing highly recommendable for competition, they could be out of stone, granit etc..
Nobody can steal them, they are nearly non-destructible, the net is i.e. made out of a metal plate. Perfect to put one in a open park where ppl can go and play on them

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Yes there are. They are of course nothing highly recommendable for competition, they could be out of stone, granit etc..
Nobody can steal them, they are nearly non-destructible, the net is i.e. made out of a metal plate. Perfect to put one in a open park where ppl can go and play on them
STONE, GRANIT.... no wonder they can play outside.
Not really cool when you hit the blade on the table now..