Who will win the World Tour Grand Finals 2012?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Joo Se Hyuk

• Gao Ning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh Sang Eun

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Ryu Seung Min

• Jiang Tianyi

• Other (Post below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals, 06 Dec 2012 - 09 Dec 2012, Hangzhou, CHINA

Wow time has flown by since last years Pro Tour Grand Finals which was held in London's Excel Exhibition Center in late November 2011, which saw China's Ma Long and Liu Shiwen crowned Men's and Women's Singles champion of the $1,000,000 event!

This time around it's the GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals, which will commence in the Chinese city of Hangzhou on Thursday 6th December and conclude on Sunday 9th December.

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles

Live matches from the World Tour Grand Finals can be watched in our ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated chat!

China's Xu Xin, the World #3 qualifies into the Grand Finals as the #1 seed.

xuxinworldteamchal.jpg

Xu Xin in the recent World vs China Team Challenge - Photo by the Organising Committee

Following list of players have confirmed their participation to the World Tour Grand Finals according to the World Tour Standings list published on November 12, 2012. Thanks to the ittf.com

Men’s Singles Seeds

chuanggermanopen2012.jpg

In form Chuang Chih Yuan has qualified into the Grand Finals as the number 4 seed - Photo by: AFP

01) Xu Xin
02) Wang Hao
03) Ma Lin
04) Chuang Chih Yuan
05) Joo Se Hyuk
06) Gao Ning
07) Oh Sang Eun
08) Ryu Seung Min
09) Jiang Tianyi
10) Zhan Jian
11) Lee Jung Woo
12) Koki Niwa
13) Kim Min Seok
14) Chen Chien-An
15) Chan Kazuhiro
16) Kenta Matsudaira

Reserved players

17) Li Hu

Women’s Singles Seeds

liugrandfinal2012.jpg

Liu Shiwen qualifies as number 2 seed and is looking to repeat London success - Photo By: Hou Huafeng

01) Chen Meng
02) Liu Shiwen
03) Shen Yanfei
04) Kim Kyungah
05) Ding Ning
06) Tie Yana
07) Hajung Seok
08) Viktoria Pavlovich
09) Feng Tianwei
10) Yang Haeun
11) Ai Fukuhara
12) Iveta Vacenovska
13) Dang Yeseo
14) Samara Elizabeta
15) Yu Mengyu
16) Jiang Huajun

Reserved players

17) Jeon Jihee

Men’s and Women’s Singles qualifiers from the Euro Africa Circuit

Following players have confirmed their participation to the World Tour Grand Finals 2012 according to the Euro Africa Circuit Standings list published on October 8, 2012.

grandfinalthread.jpg

Live matches from the World Tour Grand Finals can be watched in our ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated chat!

This tournament will be very interesting, how will the top seeds perform without the top 2 (Zhang Jike and Ma Long)? Could Xu Xin lead China to victory at the Grand Finals? There are no European's in the Men's entry with players such as Timo Boll, Michael Maze, Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Vladimir Samsonov not qualifying. Could experienced veteran Ma Lin make a damage in the tournament having played 99 pro tour/world tours in his professional career. We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! What are your predictions from each event?

Get discussing guys :)

Administrator
Oct 2010
I was always though that Ma Long and ZJK did join alots of pro tour this year, after I check, they only participate about 3-4 times >.>

Yeah I noticed that to, it's a shame I really wanted to see the two play in this event :)

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
Well this is embarrassing..
Its like - Asian pro tour grand finals!
Or - have you seen any european name in the mens singles?
I certainly didnt.. :(

And honestly - I dont really care, who will win this..

Yes, so regret that no european player in this tournament, I was hoping to see Boll or Ovtcharov play against Chinese player.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
At least in Women's section, we have some Europeans playing. Will be v.disappointing if Ding Ning doesn't play. But LSW, Chen Meng, Samara, Feng Tianwei, Pavlovich are present. Should be very competitive.

I think Koki Niwa will be the darkhorse in the men's section. Wang Hao seems likely to win. Not that I don't want XX to win.. But Wang Hao has more experience in big tournaments.

Reactions: TableTennisDaily