What rubber do you use for RPB?

says Hi I am a Table tennis player in the Philippines. Im...
says Hi I am a Table tennis player in the Philippines. Im...
Dec 2010
Hello folks!, I was wondering what rubber does penhold players have. If you are a penhold player, feel free to post down the rubber you use for RPB. Your opinions and experiences on the rubber is always nice. If you are not a penhold player, still feel free to post the backhand you use and why you like it. Overall I am just curious to what people around the world use for RPB. Thanks!

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
i usually play the european shakehand style but in training or in lower tournaments i like to use my korean penhold bat.
On my forehand i use DHS Skyline III (speed and spin) and on my backhand (i dont use it very often, if i play penhold, i play the "classic" way) a Donic Quattro Formula, for the increased control in my shot and spin.

Dec 2012
I think it also depends on how you want to play it. Do you often turn around your backhand to use your forehand?
Or do you regularly use your backhand?

Cause if u are the first type and your backhand is just a solution when u are under pressure, i would recommend a controlled rubber more than a fast and fierce one.

On the other hand if you often use your backhand, you should try a faster (unfortunately also faster in usage) and spinnier rubber like the tenergy series.

Hope it helps ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
I've been borrowing a racquet from my coach who has a large collection of them it seems. Mainly because there are no table tennis speciality shops in the area. I've picked a shakehand racquet (despite being a penholder) with a fairly light wood blade, and Tenergy 05 on the forehand, and Joola Energy Green Power on the backhand. I quite the feel of punches and passive blocks with Green Power, and it gives me adequate time to rip through those backhand loops, but I do find it a bit unreliable, if your timing is slighty off, the rubber doesn't grip the ball enough, and the shot is bound for the net. Due to the dwelltime needed, I find my backhand game slower than it could be, but this may just be because I used to play with Tenergy 05 on both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
When I was a penhold player (I recently changed grip) I used Hurricane 3 Neo (forehand) and Skyline 3 (backhand).
I liked heavy topspin backhanding because of how much spin I generated and how the player reacted but still failed (the ball just flew out).
I changed mainly because I had this Palio blade and it was quite sharp-ish at the handle and I usually get marks after playing. Another reason I changed is because I wanted to backhands without hesitation, on the penhold grip it is quite hard to get in a backhand position fast (the players I play with usually play fast and offensively).