Is There any difference with Black FH Rubberes

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
There is absolutely no difference in the colour of your rubbers. Important is which rubber you use (for example pimple in, out , anti and so on or i. e. Donic, Butterfly, Stiga etc)

It is more about how you like it.
I for instance like to have red rubbers on my forehand but i use my backhand a lot and have a lot of winner strikes with it.
So i feel like my bh is stronger, all the chinese player maybe feel that their fh is better, thats maybe a reason.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Actually, quite a few that I know that go to my local TT club have said that the black side offers more control, which is the reason why car tyres are black and not red (I'm not sure what exactly what the reason was, I wasn't paying full attention). But I don't think the difference is too dramatic; aesthetics-wise, i'd say black rubbers look quite better, and as said by prithwin, red does look translucent and you're able to see the pips inside which is not as attractive D:

But I guess the chinese have red on forehand because they like it...? I guess, haha, an ongoing tradition/habit of putting forehand as black and as Chinese rubber as well. Hope that answers your question!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
What I've heard (and I have no idea if it's true or not), is that the "dye" that gives the red colors their color, makes the rubbers a tiny bit harder than black rubbers, which require less dye. Therefore black rubbers can generate more spin, and since most players are FH-oriented, they take black as their FH rubber.

Dec 2012
What I've heard (and I have no idea if it's true or not), is that the "dye" that gives the red colors their color, makes the rubbers a tiny bit harder than black rubbers, which require less dye. Therefore black rubbers can generate more spin, and since most players are FH-oriented, they take black as their FH rubber.

interesting point of view!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
That might only cause only a tiny bit of difference, that's why you can't notice the difference while you are playing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
TT manufacturers has tried equalling the playing characteristics of both black and red topsheet along the years.
The most apparent difference is in chinese rubbers around a few decades ago.. European rubber topsheet has been consistent throughout the years..

I think there is a reason chinese players still use black on their forehand nowadays though..