How long does a rubber last in the package?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
So I bought a tenergy today since it was on sale, but I'm not going to use it until like january or february. Since the package isn't vaccum sealed, air can go into the package, I was wondering if this does anything to the rubber. Will the rubber lose most of its quality?

Doesn't the WHOLE tenergy package come in the plastic packaging though; the one you have to rip and THEN be able to open the paper packaging? If that's the case, then it should be alright; no air is coming through :)

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
So I bought a tenergy today since it was on sale, but I'm not going to use it until like january or february. Since the package isn't vaccum sealed, air can go into the package, I was wondering if this does anything to the rubber. Will the rubber lose most of its quality?

Normally there is absolutely not or in the worst case just a slightly change of the surface of the rubber. But none that really matters.
But i recomennd you, if you want your rubber to be safe and have nearly no contact with air put them into resealable plastic bags like these:
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/...c-font-b-Bags-b-font-PE-font-b-Zip-b-font.jpg
I don't know if it helps but it seems legit to me :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Normally there is absolutely not or in the worst case just a slightly change of the surface of the rubber. But none that really matters.
But i recomennd you, if you want your rubber to be safe and have nearly no contact with air put them into resealable plastic bags like these:
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/...c-font-b-Bags-b-font-PE-font-b-Zip-b-font.jpg
I don't know if it helps but it seems legit to me :p
Those bags look so small I doubt the rubber can fit :p

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Doesn't the WHOLE tenergy package come in the plastic packaging though; the one you have to rip and THEN be able to open the paper packaging? If that's the case, then it should be alright; no air is coming through :)

Spot on, you can keep a rubber in its packet for years and it would still be fine :)