PDA

View Full Version : I just WON a XU XIN blade!

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 12:40 PM
So hei guys!

There was a STIGA competition on their facebookpage about who will be first, second and the 2 third places at the World Tour Grand Finals.
I was one of the many who picked the four right.

To remember:
Xu Xin overcame Wang Hao in the finals.
Ma Lin and Chuang Chih-Yuan entered the Semis.

So i was shortlisted and eventually was picked one of the tree lucky winners of Xu Xin's blade:
STIGA Rosewood NCT V

My question do you guys: What rubbers should i buy and glue on it? I thought about the same rubber as Xu Xin does, so i can feel like him lol :D
I also thought about testing it and let you guys know how it worked :) Whatya think ? :)

strangeloop
12-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Wow.. Congrats buddy! Xiom Sigma II Europe and Pro. Test it and let me know. ;-)

Giangt
12-10-2012, 12:53 PM
So hei guys!

There was a STIGA competition on their facebookpage about who will be first, second and the 2 third places at the World Tour Grand Finals.

To remember:

So i was shortlisted and eventually was picked one of the tree lucky winners of Xu Xin's blade:
STIGA Rosewood NCT V

My question do you guys: What rubbers should i buy and glue on it? I thought about the same rubber as Xu Xin does, so i can feel like him lol :D
I also thought about testing it and let you guys know how it worked :) Whatya think ? :)

Wow so awesome! Congrats buddy! Definitely glue the same rubbers as XX uses or the ones you already use. I haven't tried the blade you've won, but Rosewood VII. Remembered that it was fast and stiff. Maybe try a "soft" version BH like Calibra LT or Calibra LT spin rubber and H3 Neo if you are going with XX's setup.

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Wow.. Congrats buddy! Xiom Sigma II Europe and Pro. Test it and let me know. ;-)

Thank you very much! Although i have over 20-30 different rubbers at home i have only 2 Xiom rubbers and they arent the 2 you stated. I propably will go with the rubbers Xu Xin have, i will test these then and let you know :)

Wow so awesome! Congrats buddy! Definitely glue the same rubbers as XX uses or the ones you already use. I haven't tried the blade you've won, but Rosewood VII. Remembered that it was fast and stiff. Maybe try a "soft" version BH like Calibra LT or Calibra LT spin rubber and H3 Neo if you are going with XX's setup.

Thank you! I'm very happy about it :)
Do you know exactly what he's playing? Is it DHS H3 or DHS H3 Neo ? On the backhand i read somewhere he is using Stiga Boost TX but i will consider the new Calibra series too! I hope the blade will be here in the next 2 weeks, i'll buy the rubbers this saturday.

BTW: I ordered the penhold grip version so the testing will be very interesting :D

strangeloop
12-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Too bad you don't have any other Xiom! For now, I think Xiom makes the best rubbers. My Tenergy is in shipping at the moment. :)

I don't think you can get the same DHS that CNT use. Is the National version that some sites sell really authentic?

Giangt
12-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Thank you very much! Although i have over 20-30 different rubbers at home i have only 2 Xiom rubbers and they arent the 2 you stated. I propably will go with the rubbers Xu Xin have, i will test these then and let you know :)

Thank you! I'm very happy about it :)
Do you know exactly what he's playing? Is it DHS H3 or DHS H3 Neo ? On the backhand i read somewhere he is using Stiga Boost TX but i will consider the new Calibra series too! I hope the blade will be here in the next 2 weeks, i'll buy the rubbers this saturday.

BTW: I ordered the penhold grip version so the testing will be very interesting :D

He's playing with H3 National blue sponge FH and Calibra LT BH. Whether if it is Neo verison or non-Neo verison i don't know. His BH-rubber is stated on Stiga's homepage. I will be an authentic XX setup with the penhold grip ;)

I am testing the Sigma Euro II at the moment and it's a bit harder than T64 that I primarily play with. Would say the throw angle is similar, Sigma feels a bit slower IMO.

Giangt
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Too bad you don't have any other Xiom! For now, I think Xiom makes the best rubbers. My Tenergy is in shipping at the moment. :)

I don't think you can get the same DHS that CNT use. Is the National version that some sites sell really authentic?

Hi Strangeloop.

The only website I know who is selling National/Provincial DHS H3 rubbers are (www.prott.cc) http://prott.vip020.net/Product-List.aspx?producttype=6

The rubber should be genuine (but you can never be certain). They usually provide the rubbers with DHS authorization code/stamp so it is possible for customers to check if the rubbers are genuine. Other rubbers have a distinctively stamp on the sponge that shows if the rubber is national/provincial.

strangeloop
12-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Hey Giangt, Great then. I will wait for your review of Sigma II.

Maybe I should have put my question differently. Is the DHS National version that they sell identical to what the CNT uses? I have similar questions about Tenergy too. Are these rubbers tuned for pros as per their preferences? But that is a different topic. Don't want to derail this thread.

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Oh wow, 100 $ for his fh rubber, can't afford this one :D
i think i will take a blue sponge DHS H3 it's only 25€ and i hope it will be nearly the same (ofc not as good) as the one he uses.
On the bh i will buy Calibra LT if i can get a good deal on it :)
Looking forward to test it:)

Giangt
12-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Hey Giangt, Great then. I will wait for your review of Sigma II.

Maybe I should have put my question differently. Is the DHS National version that they sell identical to what the CNT uses? I have similar questions about Tenergy too. Are these rubbers tuned for pros as per their preferences? But that is a different topic. Don't want to derail this thread.

They should be identical although as you questioned, they are tuned for personal preferences. There is existing "National" Tenergy version, but Butterfly QC is very good so I don't think us mortals TT-players would notice the big difference between the rubbers.

Oh wow, 100 $ for his fh rubber, can't afford this one :D
i think i will take a blue sponge DHS H3 it's only 25€ and i hope it will be nearly the same (ofc not as good) as the one he uses.
On the bh i will buy Calibra LT if i can get a good deal on it :)
Looking forward to test it:)

Yeah the prices are sky high because the rubbers are quite difficult to get hold on. Looking forward to hear your review :)

Markvee
12-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Wow, gratulieren!

Btw, those guys all use lots of booster. There is a huge difference between H3 boosted and unboosted (it's basically designed to be boosted), so you will not get the "Xu Xin experience" :) if you don't tune. There are factory tuned rubbers that play closer to tuned H3, if you don't want to apply booster.

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Wow, gratulieren!

Btw, those guys all use lots of booster. There is a huge difference between H3 boosted and unboosted (it's basically designed to be boosted), so you will not get the "Xu Xin experience" :) if you don't tune. There are factory tuned rubbers that play closer to tuned H3, if you don't want to apply booster.

Thank you :)
Yes i've heard about that. Of course i want to have the "Xu Xin experience" but it is ok for me to play with his blade and at least some rubbers that are nearly like his. :)
I will talk to my "dealer" if he has some booster to apply over and i will check on that :)

sebas-aguirre
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
I think he uses tenergy on the bh.

Dan
12-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Wow congratualtions winning!! :)) I hope you upload us some pictures and videos of your new blade with you playing with it!

Congrats :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Joshc
12-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Thats awesome! have fun with it!

Svttc
12-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Congrats! I am so jealous :p

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Thats awesome! have fun with it!

Thank you! I surely will :) Since it's a penhold-grip bat (i was allowed to choose) i will have a lot of fun with it :)

XIII
12-10-2012, 10:17 PM
OMG soooo lucky free blade :P who doesn't want that?

T!Christian
12-10-2012, 10:27 PM
OMG soooo lucky free blade :P who doesn't want that?

Especially when such a blade is about 120€ or idk ca. 150$ :D

derekho
12-10-2012, 11:54 PM
I think xu xin uses stiga calibra lt for backhand, not sure which version.

XIII
12-11-2012, 03:57 AM
and yea, you should put the same rubber as Xu Xin so you can feel like him.
btw is the blade penhold or shakehand?

T!Christian
12-11-2012, 09:37 AM

I was allowed to choose the handle, so i chose of course PEN :D

Giangt
12-11-2012, 09:37 AM

He already posted buddy ;) Penhold...

XIII
12-11-2012, 09:49 AM
He already posted buddy ;) Penhold...
Where did he post it before:

I was allowed to choose the handle, so i chose of course PEN :D
???

T!Christian
12-11-2012, 10:13 AM

Here it is :)

bzing
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
The blade is quite stiff and fast, therefore quite tricky to master. It's not some kind of easy loopy blade where you can loop every heavy backspin at the opening service. This blade requires good footwork and getting into a good position, often recommended to back up from the table as the blade produces long trajectory shots. The blade is good for counter-offensive top spin play, good for driving and very precise in smashing. Definitely would choose some soft sticky rubbers like Neo 3 etc.

aythsu
12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't be calling the H3 Neo soft at all...even the softest ones are harder than most German and Japanese rubbers.

Markvee
12-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Thank you :)
Yes i've heard about that. Of course i want to have the "Xu Xin experience" but it is ok for me to play with his blade and at least some rubbers that are nearly like his. :)
I will talk to my "dealer" if he has some booster to apply over and i will check on that :)

Don't get me wrong, some people like untuned non-neo H3 and maybe you will like it too. It's just that some people try it and say "wow, how do people play with this hard rubber"... well, speed glue or booster really softens it up, you feel a big difference.

Btw you will probably like your current rubbers on this blade as well :).

T!Christian
12-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Don't get me wrong, some people like untuned non-neo H3 and maybe you will like it too. It's just that some people try it and say "wow, how do people play with this hard rubber"... well, speed glue or booster really softens it up, you feel a big difference.

Btw you will probably like your current rubbers on this blade as well :).

True that :)
I will just use more rubbers and see how it went :)

Der_Echte
12-12-2012, 10:34 AM
So hei guys!

To remember:

STIGA Rosewood NCT V

You fail to do this in a timely manner and we shall have to open up the arms room, check out a MK19 40mm grenade launcher and bring it to Ur club and make a spectator friendly demonstration.

T!Christian
12-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Whatya mean ?

T!Christian
12-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Here it goes:
The blade i won: STIGA NCT V ROSEWOOD with a PENHOLD:

The blade:

TableTennisDaily
12-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Here it goes:
The blade i won: STIGA NCT V ROSEWOOD with a PENHOLD:

The blade:

So cool! Great to see a TTD member winning such an awesome prize! Hope you upload a video of you playing with this fantastic new piece of kit :)

T!Christian
12-21-2012, 12:26 PM
So cool! Great to see a TTD member winning such an awesome prize! Hope you upload a video of you playing with this fantastic new piece of kit :)

Thank you alot!
Unfortunately one rubber is missing, i ordered it already but the DHS H3 hasn't arrived yet. On my backhand there will be (like Xu Xin) a STIGA Calibra Sound :)

YosuaYosan
12-22-2012, 03:46 AM
Cool stuff!
And judging from the photo you are one hairy manly man :p

wilfred888
12-22-2012, 07:20 AM
congrats! :D if it was me I would never use the bat and just hang it somewhere.. :P

T!Christian
12-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Cool stuff!
And judging from the photo you are one hairy manly man :p

Well, thank you ^^ i already shaved yesterday ;)

congrats! :D if it was me I would never use the bat and just hang it somewhere.. :P

thanks :) well, i will use it just a few times and then hang it along with some other bats of mine :)

TurboZ
01-12-2013, 06:49 AM
I am afraid XX is actually using TG3 Blue Sponge FH and T64 BH. Calibra is just for ad purpose by Stiga.

Somehow his blade is not exactly the same as mass produced RW5 as it looks much rounder in shape. I read somewhere that he said his blade is very much different than the rest and no one will really like it.

TripleC
01-13-2013, 11:26 AM
WOW! Lucky for you. Should have joined that contest, haha! I suggest you use a DHS NEO Hurricane 3 (national may be good), but your backhand may vary. That blade is a monster! Go for soft rubbers, like STIGA Calibra LT Sound, Yasaka Mark V, DONIC Bluefire M3, or Butterfly Tenergy 05. Or may stick to Xu Xin's formation (Skyline 3 NEO & Calibra LT). Post some pictures dude!

T!Christian
01-13-2013, 03:53 PM
WOW! Lucky for you. Should have joined that contest, haha! I suggest you use a DHS NEO Hurricane 3 (national may be good), but your backhand may vary. That blade is a monster! Go for soft rubbers, like STIGA Calibra LT Sound, Yasaka Mark V, DONIC Bluefire M3, or Butterfly Tenergy 05. Or may stick to Xu Xin's formation (Skyline 3 NEO & Calibra LT). Post some pictures dude!

There you have it! Not quite the same rubbers as Xu Xin but still a nice choice :D The blade is BAAM! :D

Dan
01-13-2013, 08:25 PM
There you have it! Not quite the same rubbers as Xu Xin but still a nice choice :D The blade is BAAM! :D

So awesome! The blade looks so nice! Did Stiga send you a penhold and a shakehand version buddy?

T!Christian
01-13-2013, 08:31 PM
So awesome! The blade looks so nice! Did Stiga send you a penhold and a shakehand version buddy?

No, they only send the Penhold version!
The shakehand version is mine and i put it there to show the difference :)

Dan
01-13-2013, 08:43 PM
No, they only send the Penhold version!
The shakehand version is mine and i put it there to show the difference :)

Oh awesome! How you finding it? I may try out the blade, my friend Gavin Rumgay loves it. It looks good! :P

Mayank Thakur
01-14-2013, 05:45 AM
Congo dude ,,
I also won Stiga's brand new blade Rosewood XO in their previous olympic competition ,,

T!Christian
02-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Hopefully there will be more competitions, they had one last week i think , where you had to guess Xu Xins birthday :)

TTANKEY
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Yaaay congrats buddy!! hahaha' so jealous here xD test it and post here please ^-^

sev3n
02-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Hello, i am a chinese. I know what blade he is using. Stiga Rosewood NCT V(pen hold) + DHS Skyline Neo 3(BLACK) + Butterfly tenergy 64(RED).