I just WON a XU XIN blade!

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
So hei guys!

There was a STIGA competition on their facebookpage about who will be first, second and the 2 third places at the World Tour Grand Finals.
I was one of the many who picked the four right.

To remember:
Xu Xin overcame Wang Hao in the finals.
Ma Lin and Chuang Chih-Yuan entered the Semis.

So i was shortlisted and eventually was picked one of the tree lucky winners of Xu Xin's blade:
STIGA Rosewood NCT V

My question do you guys: What rubbers should i buy and glue on it? I thought about the same rubber as Xu Xin does, so i can feel like him lol :D
I also thought about testing it and let you guys know how it worked :) Whatya think ? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
So hei guys!

There was a STIGA competition on their facebookpage about who will be first, second and the 2 third places at the World Tour Grand Finals.
I was one of the many who picked the four right.

To remember:
Xu Xin overcame Wang Hao in the finals.
Ma Lin and Chuang Chih-Yuan entered the Semis.

So i was shortlisted and eventually was picked one of the tree lucky winners of Xu Xin's blade:
STIGA Rosewood NCT V

My question do you guys: What rubbers should i buy and glue on it? I thought about the same rubber as Xu Xin does, so i can feel like him lol :D
I also thought about testing it and let you guys know how it worked :) Whatya think ? :)

Wow so awesome! Congrats buddy! Definitely glue the same rubbers as XX uses or the ones you already use. I haven't tried the blade you've won, but Rosewood VII. Remembered that it was fast and stiff. Maybe try a "soft" version BH like Calibra LT or Calibra LT spin rubber and H3 Neo if you are going with XX's setup.

Dec 2012
Wow.. Congrats buddy! Xiom Sigma II Europe and Pro. Test it and let me know. ;-)

Thank you very much! Although i have over 20-30 different rubbers at home i have only 2 Xiom rubbers and they arent the 2 you stated. I propably will go with the rubbers Xu Xin have, i will test these then and let you know :)

Wow so awesome! Congrats buddy! Definitely glue the same rubbers as XX uses or the ones you already use. I haven't tried the blade you've won, but Rosewood VII. Remembered that it was fast and stiff. Maybe try a "soft" version BH like Calibra LT or Calibra LT spin rubber and H3 Neo if you are going with XX's setup.

Thank you! I'm very happy about it :)
Do you know exactly what he's playing? Is it DHS H3 or DHS H3 Neo ? On the backhand i read somewhere he is using Stiga Boost TX but i will consider the new Calibra series too! I hope the blade will be here in the next 2 weeks, i'll buy the rubbers this saturday.

BTW: I ordered the penhold grip version so the testing will be very interesting :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Thank you very much! Although i have over 20-30 different rubbers at home i have only 2 Xiom rubbers and they arent the 2 you stated. I propably will go with the rubbers Xu Xin have, i will test these then and let you know :)

Thank you! I'm very happy about it :)
Do you know exactly what he's playing? Is it DHS H3 or DHS H3 Neo ? On the backhand i read somewhere he is using Stiga Boost TX but i will consider the new Calibra series too! I hope the blade will be here in the next 2 weeks, i'll buy the rubbers this saturday.

BTW: I ordered the penhold grip version so the testing will be very interesting :D

He's playing with H3 National blue sponge FH and Calibra LT BH. Whether if it is Neo verison or non-Neo verison i don't know. His BH-rubber is stated on Stiga's homepage. I will be an authentic XX setup with the penhold grip ;)

I am testing the Sigma Euro II at the moment and it's a bit harder than T64 that I primarily play with. Would say the throw angle is similar, Sigma feels a bit slower IMO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Too bad you don't have any other Xiom! For now, I think Xiom makes the best rubbers. My Tenergy is in shipping at the moment. :)

I don't think you can get the same DHS that CNT use. Is the National version that some sites sell really authentic?

Hi Strangeloop.

The only website I know who is selling National/Provincial DHS H3 rubbers are (www.prott.cc) http://prott.vip020.net/Product-List.aspx?producttype=6

The rubber should be genuine (but you can never be certain). They usually provide the rubbers with DHS authorization code/stamp so it is possible for customers to check if the rubbers are genuine. Other rubbers have a distinctively stamp on the sponge that shows if the rubber is national/provincial.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Hey Giangt, Great then. I will wait for your review of Sigma II.

Maybe I should have put my question differently. Is the DHS National version that they sell identical to what the CNT uses? I have similar questions about Tenergy too. Are these rubbers tuned for pros as per their preferences? But that is a different topic. Don't want to derail this thread.

Dec 2012
Oh wow, 100 $ for his fh rubber, can't afford this one :D
i think i will take a blue sponge DHS H3 it's only 25€ and i hope it will be nearly the same (ofc not as good) as the one he uses.
On the bh i will buy Calibra LT if i can get a good deal on it :)
Looking forward to test it:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hey Giangt, Great then. I will wait for your review of Sigma II.

Maybe I should have put my question differently. Is the DHS National version that they sell identical to what the CNT uses? I have similar questions about Tenergy too. Are these rubbers tuned for pros as per their preferences? But that is a different topic. Don't want to derail this thread.

They should be identical although as you questioned, they are tuned for personal preferences. There is existing "National" Tenergy version, but Butterfly QC is very good so I don't think us mortals TT-players would notice the big difference between the rubbers.

Oh wow, 100 $ for his fh rubber, can't afford this one :D
i think i will take a blue sponge DHS H3 it's only 25€ and i hope it will be nearly the same (ofc not as good) as the one he uses.
On the bh i will buy Calibra LT if i can get a good deal on it :)
Looking forward to test it:)

Yeah the prices are sky high because the rubbers are quite difficult to get hold on. Looking forward to hear your review :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Wow, gratulieren!

Btw, those guys all use lots of booster. There is a huge difference between H3 boosted and unboosted (it's basically designed to be boosted), so you will not get the "Xu Xin experience" :) if you don't tune. There are factory tuned rubbers that play closer to tuned H3, if you don't want to apply booster.

Last edited:
Dec 2012
Wow, gratulieren!

Btw, those guys all use lots of booster. There is a huge difference between H3 boosted and unboosted (it's basically designed to be boosted), so you will not get the "Xu Xin experience" :) if you don't tune. There are factory tuned rubbers that play closer to tuned H3, if you don't want to apply booster.

Thank you :)
Yes i've heard about that. Of course i want to have the "Xu Xin experience" but it is ok for me to play with his blade and at least some rubbers that are nearly like his. :)
I will talk to my "dealer" if he has some booster to apply over and i will check on that :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow congratualtions winning!! :)) I hope you upload us some pictures and videos of your new blade with you playing with it!

Congrats :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2