if you are winning 10-0....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
In my country, if we are winning a set 10-0, we are used to -generally- miss the last point so to not beat the opponent 11-0, but 11-1... Is this common in the table tennis world? You people do that or you just win 11-0?
I've been wondering this for a long time, and now that i saw that matsudaira won a set 11-0 to Chuang Chih-Yuan before losing the match i needed to ask!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
In my country, if we are winning a set 10-0, we are used to -generally- miss the last point so to not beat the opponent 11-0, but 11-1... Is this common in the table tennis world? You people do that or you just win 11-0?
I've been wondering this for a long time, and now that i saw that matsudaira won a set 11-0 to Chuang Chih-Yuan before losing the match i needed to ask!

Good question.. its not a rule... but some people like to give the person the person a point for respect... however some people are ruthless and never give away a point... i remember Alan Cooke England former number 1 never gave any points away even at 10-0 up...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
when i winning 10-0 i ussually give one point...

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i been 9-0 up but i go easy then and wait for their mistakes

This user has no status.
T

This user has no status.
I really like to let someone 11-0 but the maximum that could is 11-1 at number 5 of chile (Peneca) and I really like to move a lot and have fun instead of leaving zero

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I think it's rude to purposely miss the ball but let them try and win the point if a ball comes long just push it back or something but you still have to try just keep the ball on the table don't attack it i have been down 10-0 and the opponent purposely missed the ball it made me feel like im so bad that he doesn't even have to try.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
I think it's rude to purposely miss the ball but let them try and win the point if a ball comes long just push it back or something but you still have to try just keep the ball on the table don't attack it i have been down 10-0 and the opponent purposely missed the ball it made me feel like im so bad that he doesn't even have to try.

i lost 11-0 plenty of times and this is what i hate i also hate people lobbing becasue they know they can beat you easy

This user has no status.
i lost 11-0 plenty of times and this is what i hate i also hate people lobbing becasue they know they can beat you easy

If I was losing 10-0 to a really good player and they were lobbing against me I would definatly be glad of having a chance to win the point. In my opinion if the player is far better than you then having a rally where they are lobbing can only increase the fun of the game. Of course this is just my opinion you mat feel differntly.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
personally i dont enjoy lobbing in games unless you are forced to, not just to be nice same as watching pros i hate watching lobbing