How to keep 'used' rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I'm possibly getting a Hurricane 3 Neo when I go overseas in 1 week and what I wanted to know is that if I were to change my current rubber, which I have only used for approx. 4 months, how should I keep my rubber and how can I keep it in good condition? Is the only answer to throw away the rubber? Can I keep it a zip-lock bag or something to keep it in good condition? Please answer!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You could Olive Oli it up, cover it with a protector, seal in a bag... Done like a Dog's Dinner.

You could also just stash it in Ur racket case, let it rot in your closet, then come back whenever and use Olive Oil to restore the topsheet's properties.

You could also win sum prize over there, often a rubber or cash and just buy a new set of rubberz.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have a friend who had a Chinese rubber olive oiled up and bagged away fro a decade and it played like new.

I have a sheet of H3 I bought from Nexy when he gave me my AMAZON OFF- Blade to test. It wasn't so great on that blade, made like a cracking noise each impact, so I moved it off onto the TBS and move my XP 2008 tot he Amazon, worked way better.

Since then, I have had the H3 inside my closet 6-8 months in one of those paper things the rubber came with. I slapped the H3 onto the BH wing of the TBS again and with only a wipe or two on the short, that sheet of H3 can pick up a ball and hold it if I do not move the racket.

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
I wouldn't use olive oil too much / too often. Especially if you use the rubber very often. The olive oil will boost your rubber for a short time, but then will lose its characteristics so you have to put some olive oil again on it. Just that after several "operation" the rubber will be destroyed :)