Need help!:)

This user has no status.
Hello everyone! I need some advice. I need to change my setup. This Donic OFF+ blade I use is too fast for me so I'm goin to change it for Tibhar Stratus Powerwood OFF- or some other OFF-. Also I have to change my rubbers (damaged). I dont have good BH so i prefer blocks/lobs/loops and for FH i would like to get something for good top spins and side spins still with some good control and rotation. This is the list that I probably gonna buy 2 of those rubbers. Please help me which ones should be best choice.

XIOM Vega Europe
XIOM Vega Elite
DONIC Acuda s2
DONIC Acuda s3
DHS Hurricane III Neo
DHS Skyline II Neo

Regards,
Satori

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
I personally prefer all Xiom Rubbers, i just sympathize with them ;) and on the contrary i dislike dhs rubbers because they are so untypically for us european players. i think it is no solution to imitate the chinese players.
all my first bats were Donic rubbers (Desto F3) and i really think they have a very good control and still have speed.

Personally i would suggest the Donic Acuda S2 or a Donic Desto F3 on your BH and a nice grippy Xiom rubber on your forehand "vega europe2 for example :)

hope it helped :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
H3 Neo is what I slapped on the BH of my TBS OFF blade. Great BH rubber that be used on FH wing in an emegency.

I normnally use Tibhar Aurus on Fh and a real inexpensive Chinese non-tacky rubber on BH (XP 2008 Super Power) Both of those could work.

There are a gazillion things that could work for you in terms of rubber if you are a flexible allround OFF player.

Hope it all works out for you.

Dec 2012
Thanks a lot:) It really helped me:) Don't You think s3 should be better than s2? More control? Is is toughtest? And what about sponge? Shoud I pick 1.8 or 2.0 for Acuda and max or 2.0 for Vega?

You are very welcome! to be honest i haven't played with acuda s3 yet but what i read so far is that the s2 has a tiny bit more spin while mainting its control. Especially when playing near or midnear to the table. if u like rallies from behing or you like to move around a lot, then the s3 does fit you more!
They bouth have a mediumsoft sponge which allows many player to play safe and strong bh-strokes!

i would say 2.0 for the acuda and max for the vega! - especially if you use a off- blade
How long have you been playing already?

Dec 2012
Well thanks a lot again. I decided to get Acuda s2 2.0 for my bh and XIOM Vega Europe max fh:) I've been playing tt for a few years with long breaks tbh:( I came back to regular trainings like 2 months ago with my old trainer and people on 2nd - 3rd Polish League level (ofc i cant beat them yet;D ).

Regards,
Satori

You're welcome!
Very well! Tell us in some weeks how it was and review it on TTD again :) i would love to hear from you again!
Oh that's no problem, you will get better sooner, if you once knew how it is played, you learn it fast again - it's like riding a bike:)

Cheers

Dec 2012
I played the Rasant myself and it's a pretty neat rubber! Especially on the fh to maximize speed and spin!
Even if you didnt get the Xiom it is still a very good rubber at the same niveau as the Xiom.

Have fun playing it:)
and btw, there are enough players with dhs hurricane 4 (neo). Glad you aren't one of them :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I played the Rasant myself and it's a pretty neat rubber! Especially on the fh to maximize speed and spin!
Even if you didnt get the Xiom it is still a very good rubber at the same niveau as the Xiom.

Have fun playing it:)
and btw, there are enough players with dhs hurricane 4 (neo). Glad you aren't one of them :)
Double Happiness Hurricane 4 NEO is OUT!???
*checks out*

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Well thanks a lot again. I decided to get Acuda s2 2.0 for my bh and XIOM Vega Europe max fh:) I've been playing tt for a few years with long breaks tbh:( I came back to regular trainings like 2 months ago with my old trainer and people on 2nd - 3rd Polish League level (ofc i cant beat them yet;D ).

Regards,
Satori

Acuda bh and vega europe max fh is a good choice. I've heard Rasant is pretty alright so I'm sure you will be able to adapt to using it, hope it works well for you :)