PDA

View Full Version : Table Tennis Auction on TTD

TableTennisDaily
12-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Hi guys,

Hope your all enjoying the festive break :) I have been thinking, would an auction system on TableTennisDaily be of great use?

Please discuss below :)

T!Christian
12-22-2012, 12:25 PM
What do you mean "auction". Do you mean we could sell our products á la ebay? or do we talk about fictive "money" and "goods" ?
Either way i think it's a nice idea! Positive!

TableTennisDaily
12-22-2012, 01:46 PM
What do you mean "auction". Do you mean we could sell our products á la ebay? or do we talk about fictive "money" and "goods" ?
Either way i think it's a nice idea! Positive!

Sorry, yeah a real auction site like eBay but for the table tennis users on TTD

T!Christian
12-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Sorry, yeah a real auction site like eBay but for the table tennis users on TTD

I think it is an cool idea!
Isn't that a lot of work for you ? :P If you need any help i'd be glad to help

CANP
12-22-2012, 02:06 PM
I think it´s a very cool idea Dan!

TableTennisDaily
12-22-2012, 02:11 PM
I think it is an cool idea!
Isn't that a lot of work for you ? :P If you need any help i'd be glad to help

It would take some work, but I have found a template to work off. I just don't want to clutter TableTennisDaily with to many features if it is not worth it.

Spitfire
12-22-2012, 03:35 PM
How would this work? Direct Payment or Via a Trusted Middle Man ?

Don't forget a Disclaimer :)

Dan
12-22-2012, 05:49 PM
How would this work? Direct Payment or Via a Trusted Middle Man ?

Don't forget a Disclaimer :)

All through paypal :) Would this work okay?

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Arne
12-22-2012, 06:23 PM
This is a cool idea!

derekho
12-22-2012, 07:05 PM
a for sale section

MaXim
12-24-2012, 02:51 PM
E-Shop isnt better? than auction?

TableTennisDaily
12-24-2012, 02:56 PM
E-Shop isnt better? than auction?

Yeah TTD will have a shop soon.. I just mean an auction section for users to auction items to one another. Do you like this idea?

MaXim
12-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah TTD will have a shop soon.. I just mean an auction section for users to auction items to one another. Do you like this idea?

and what if someone , will win item , but dont get them becouse the seller is cheater , who doesnt return the money ? and doesnt send sold items ? :D what you will do if this will happen ? :D

Dan
12-24-2012, 03:10 PM
and what if someone , will win item , but dont get them becouse the seller is cheater , who doesnt return the money ? and doesnt send sold items ? :D what you will do if this will happen ? :D

This is the problem that i'm thinking to lol. I will look into it.. But doesn't this all go through paypal?

MaXim
12-24-2012, 03:33 PM
and what they can do if this will happen ? :DI do not think that the pay pal resolving that problems

T!Christian
12-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I think pay-pal is a safe method of paying and getting money! You can get your money back after you sent it.
Furthermore after every "business" done, there should be something like a (Choo)point for both - seller and buyer.

What do i mean:
If i sell something to Dan, lets say my Rosewood NCT 7.
When i see on my pay-pal that Dan sent the money he gets one point.
When Dan on the other hand receives my blade, i get a point ;)

So at first of course its a hurdle but after a while it will settle and you can see some kind of "rating" and the thrustworthiest sellers & buyers.

XIII
12-25-2012, 09:24 AM
I don't think I would be that good, not many users sell stuff on TTD (nor is there much buyers either).
I just feel there's too much of a hassle to do all of this, if you want to auction you can always make a post that says "AUCTION" and start to auction for the item.

Dan
12-25-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't think I would be that good, not many users sell stuff on TTD (nor is there much buyers either).
I just feel there's too much of a hassle to do all of this, if you want to auction you can always make a post that says "AUCTION" and start to auction for the item.

Very true XIII :) Just I was thinking if a mod was in place to auction maybe this would make users interact more with buying and selling products to one another. I will keep this in mind for future, for now will leave auctioning alone :)

T!Christian
12-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Very true XIII :) Just I was thinking if a mod was in place to auction maybe this would make users interact more with buying and selling products to one another. I will keep this in mind for future, for now will leave auctioning alone :)

When you reach 20k likes on facebook and when ttd has 10k members you should think about it again :)

XIII
12-26-2012, 08:07 AM
When you reach 20k likes on facebook and when ttd has 10k members you should think about it again :)
There's only a small proportion of 10k that actually uses TTD on a satisfactory level.

T!Christian
12-26-2012, 11:40 AM
There's only a small proportion of 10k that actually uses TTD on a satisfactory level.

Are my jokes that hard to understand? Or am i just not good at directing them to little kids? ^^

Dan
12-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Are my jokes that hard to understand? Or am i just not good at directing them to little kids? ^^

Haha I understood your joke Christian, it was funny :) Not everyone will understand different humour due to area of the world

T!Christian
12-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Haha I understood your joke Christian, it was funnt :) Not everyone will understand different humour due to area of the world

Thanks, you're my savior :P

ttunreal
12-27-2012, 03:45 PM

Humour is definitely hard to get through something like the internet; emotions and the facial expression are reduced xD

And ABOUT THE AUCTION, I don't think it's such a good idea; it's just another thing to clump in TTD and initially it may be fully active, but later on, it could end up inactive like the other sections in the forum.

XIII
12-27-2012, 11:10 PM
I still don't get the joke :confused:

TableTennisDaily
12-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Humour is definitely hard to get through something like the internet; emotions and the facial expression are reduced xD

And ABOUT THE AUCTION, I don't think it's such a good idea; it's just another thing to clump in TTD and initially it may be fully active, but later on, it could end up inactive like the other sections in the forum.

Yeah I agree, one step at a time. Perhaps in the future this could be a possibility. Thanks for all the constructive feedback every! :)

T!Christian
12-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah I agree, one step at a time. Perhaps in the future this could be a possibility. Thanks for all the constructive feedback every! :)

You could make a free give-away section, where you give us presents all the time! :D

TableTennisDaily
12-29-2012, 11:47 PM
You could make a free give-away section, where you give us presents all the time! :D

Haha, sounds like a good idea :P

TTMB2
12-30-2012, 04:17 AM
It could be an asset, but only if it is used and taken seriously. It may be too much hassle for not that many active users that have things to sell, or want to buy. O the positive side, it would have the potential to give some really good deals to table tennis players around the world:)

XIII
12-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Dan isn't Bill Gates. He can't give us that much stuff.

T!Christian
01-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Dan isn't Bill Gates. He can't give us that much stuff.

Oh wow .. No offense at all, but you are not the brightest, aren't you? ^^