Documentary: Timo Boll 2002

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
So here is roughly what it is about:
The moderator (Günther Jauch his name) welcomes Timo Boll and says that in China we would need 6 bodyguards for this show, is that right?
Timo: Well maybe not 6 but it happens that i need a bodyguard to get out of training halls.

Is it true that children get trimmed until they can make every shot perfectly?

Timo: Well, they have many enthusiastic young players and they make the best out of it, since they have so many players they can push themselves. I for example don't have the opportunity to train with top chinese players every time.

I heard once the chinese turned off a livecast bcs their player lost, is it true?
Timo: What should i say, victory is everything for them, and that time I won the world cup, and they didnt show anything of me for a while :)

In China it is impossible to go around unnoticed, is it nice that you and your gf can go around Germany without being noticed like in china.
Timo: Well of course it is nice to be able to go and buy grocery without big trouble in big cities, in my hometown of course it would be impossible but table tennis should still be more popular.

(a part of fresh glueing .. blabla, why everybody does it and why does everybody do it themselfes - see effects of it)

You got the fairprice bcs you let somebody glue new rubbers on a bat while a match and then lost it. What was that about?
Timo: It was a quarter final against the number one of that time, he broke his bat and didnt have a second one, he should be eliminated but i let him glue a new one and got defeated afterwards.

How much u train per day? (notice: in 2002)
Usually twice a day each session about 2 hours of only table tennis plus physical condition and power-work

Then Timo shows how a mulitball-session looks like
(Notice: guy in red is Helmut Hampl, an important person in Timo's life, who helped Timo get what he is now)
When the moderator stands next to the balls and timo he made this joke:
the balls aren't frightening me.. but what is frightening me is Timo!

bla bla about timos serves and trick shots.

What is so characteristic about table tennis?
Timo: tabletennis is like highspeed chess, it is a lot about tactics, you video analyse your opponents and you play against every opponent differently

they show a point of the german bundesliga from timo against a chinese defender (ding song)
Then the moderator thanks Timo, wishes him luck and yea. thats it :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
So here is roughly what it is about:
The moderator (Günther Jauch his name) welcomes Timo Boll and says that in China we would need 6 bodyguards for this show, is that right?
Timo: Well maybe not 6 but it happens that i need a bodyguard to get out of training halls.

Is it true that children get trimmed until they can make every shot perfectly?

Timo: Well, they have many enthusiastic young players and they make the best out of it, since they have so many players they can push themselves. I for example don't have the opportunity to train with top chinese players every time.

I heard once the chinese turned off a livecast bcs their player lost, is it true?
Timo: What should i say, victory is everything for them, and that time I won the world cup, and they didnt show anything of me for a while :)

In China it is impossible to go around unnoticed, is it nice that you and your gf can go around Germany without being noticed like in china.
Timo: Well of course it is nice to be able to go and buy grocery without big trouble in big cities, in my hometown of course it would be impossible but table tennis should still be more popular.

(a part of fresh glueing .. blabla, why everybody does it and why does everybody do it themselfes - see effects of it)

You got the fairprice bcs you let somebody glue new rubbers on a bat while a match and then lost it. What was that about?
Timo: It was a quarter final against the number one of that time, he broke his bat and didnt have a second one, he should be eliminated but i let him glue a new one and got defeated afterwards.

How much u train per day? (notice: in 2002)
Usually twice a day each session about 2 hours of only table tennis plus physical condition and power-work

Then Timo shows how a mulitball-session looks like
(Notice: guy in red is Helmut Hampl, an important person in Timo's life, who helped Timo get what he is now)
When the moderator stands next to the balls and timo he made this joke:
the balls aren't frightening me.. but what is frightening me is Timo!

bla bla about timos serves and trick shots.

What is so characteristic about table tennis?
Timo: tabletennis is like highspeed chess, it is a lot about tactics, you video analyse your opponents and you play against every opponent differently

they show a point of the german bundesliga from timo against a chinese defender (ding song)
Then the moderator thanks Timo, wishes him luck and yea. thats it :)
Thanks for the plot, I need the subtitles q__q