PDA

View Full Version : amazing serves from a non-pro player

blahness
12-24-2012, 09:35 PM
http://www.56.com/flashApp/out.12.12.12.a.swf?player_key=v&from=out&vid=NTgzODcwNTA&ref=bbs.chinatt.com&swfhost=www.56.com&loading_deco_version=off

Just wanted to share this, his serves are absolutely amazing. I think I won't be able to even receive one.....

You can watch this guy's matches at the links here: http://bbs.chinatt.com/tt/dispbbs.asp?boardid=118&id=633763

jedimasterplk
12-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Not a lot of pro's can serve as well as that. The thing is good players quickly adapt and learn to deal with any tricky serve - and once that happens they overpower with the rest of their tools in their arsenal. But those serves look v good - at least on video.

XIII
12-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Typical Chinese player.
My coach in China does most of these serves as good as him.
And I don't think I can return one either.

blahness
12-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Typical Chinese player.
My coach in China does most of these serves as good as him.
And I don't think I can return one either.

It's depressing at how good other players are, makes me want to stop training LOL... but on the other hand, this just shows the power of the serve and inspires me to train my serves even more!

XIII
12-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Why do you want to stop training because other players are better than you? O_O

blahness
12-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Why do you want to stop training because other players are better than you? O_O

haha coz I sometimes lose hope and think that I can never be as good as them....

XIII
12-25-2012, 10:19 AM
haha coz I sometimes lose hope and think that I can never be as good as them....
It's not about winning, it's about the fun of the game.
I think you should re-think why you enjoy and play this sport.

blahness
12-25-2012, 10:24 AM
It's not about winning, it's about the fun of the game.
I think you should re-think why you enjoy and play this sport.

hehe it was a joke that I made, if I really thought that way I would have quit a long time ago since seeing Wang Liqin and Ma Lin play.... I actually agree with you and you're absolutely right. The fun of discovering more, learning more and improving myself (not only in terms of technique but also in terms of physical ability) cannot be described with words and this is why we all love table tennis!

YosuaYosan
12-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Blahness, I can't access the video.. Is it just me?
I am curious about the vid..

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Sorry, it's just me.. I gotta train to have serves of such quality :eek:

blahness
12-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Blahness, I can't access the video.. Is it just me?
I am curious about the vid..

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Sorry, it's just me.. I gotta train to have serves of such quality :eek:

Amazing heh? Just unbelievable, considering that he's not a professional player! I have seen other videos of his serves too, it's just so good. With almost the same motion, he can make a sidespin ball that doesn't curve and a sidespin ball that has the nasty curve (like in the video), also he has some really nasty variation between extremely heavy spin and no-spin. His competition videos generally have him just plain outserving his opponent LOL......

T!Christian
12-25-2012, 09:39 PM
It's just a matter of training in my opinion! You don't have to be a pro to have nice serves and on the other hand many pro players dont have nice and/or amazing serves (i.e. Samsonov?)

Maybe he plays in a high league? How could we know? :)

Anyways, awesome serves and heavy spin! Are these non-40mm balls?

UpSideDownCarl
12-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Definitely nice curve on the ball, good control on the short serves, and the ones he wants to be fast, are fast. It would be interesting to see someone good receiving them and how ready he is for the third ball. The ones that curve the most might not be hard for a pro though. If they are mostly sidespin, then they might be easy to attack. I obviously don't know though.

No matter what though, if he can generate that much spin, he is doing something right.

XIII
12-26-2012, 06:58 AM
hehe it was a joke that I made, if I really thought that way I would have quit a long time ago since seeing Wang Liqin and Ma Lin play.... I actually agree with you and you're absolutely right. The fun of discovering more, learning more and improving myself (not only in terms of technique but also in terms of physical ability) cannot be described with words and this is why we all love table tennis!
How can you joke like that? I was taking it full seriously.
By the looks of what you have said now: Good job.

It's just a matter of training in my opinion! You don't have to be a pro to have nice serves and on the other hand many pro players dont have nice and/or amazing serves (i.e. Samsonov?)

Maybe he plays in a high league? How could we know? :)

Anyways, awesome serves and heavy spin! Are these non-40mm balls?
Are 40mm balls normal?
I think those balls are normal.

blahness
12-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Definitely nice curve on the ball, good control on the short serves, and the ones he wants to be fast, are fast. It would be interesting to see someone good receiving them and how ready he is for the third ball. The ones that curve the most might not be hard for a pro though. If they are mostly sidespin, then they might be easy to attack. I obviously don't know though.

No matter what though, if he can generate that much spin, he is doing something right.

I'll give you a challenge, try to identify the type of spin on the ball! :)

XIII
12-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Side, side and side....

MaXim
12-26-2012, 09:27 AM
damn , look at the video , every serve is cutted from video , that services is maked , 1 of 100 by that guy . look at the box with balls ,inf irst serve there ar full box ,. at other serve there are no balls in box .

XIII
12-26-2012, 09:36 AM
damn , look at the video , every serve is cutted from video , that services is maked , 1 of 100 by that guy . look at the box with balls ,inf irst serve there ar full box ,. at other serve there are no balls in box .
Nice spotting.
But it might be just showing the serve once and showing the best one.

blahness
12-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Nice spotting.
But it might be just showing the serve once and showing the best one.

He actually only uploaded one serve for each type of serve, and someone else compiled it into one big video. He does have competition videos which further highlight the power of his serve.

blahness
12-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Side, side and side....

Hey that's cheating ! You still need to identify the top/bottom component :P

T!Christian
12-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Are 40mm balls normal?
I think those balls are normal.

Yes 40mm balls are normal

UpSideDownCarl
12-28-2012, 03:37 PM

Got to go to work but I will do this later. It will be fun. First one is Side under. Second: Side top. Third: Inside out side top. Fourth: Inside out Side top.

They are nice. It is harder to read from video than from real life but I think those are the first 4 serves. Will do the rest when I am back from work. That one that goes down the line is actually really amazing. :)

UpSideDownCarl
12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
He actually only uploaded one serve for each type of serve, and someone else compiled it into one big video. He does have competition videos which further highlight the power of his serve.

Can you post a video of him playing matches. I would love to see that. :) Those serves do have a lot of spin.

XIII
12-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Hey that's cheating ! You still need to identify the top/bottom component :P
I don't get it...
You mean top-side and under-side?

UpSideDownCarl
12-29-2012, 02:48 AM
I don't get it...
You mean top-side and under-side?

I think that is what he meant. Is it underspin with the sidespin is it topspin with the sidespin, is it just sidespin. But none of them are just sidespin.

UpSideDownCarl
12-29-2012, 03:05 AM
Okay, I am going to try a few more. The Fifth one is a little to hard to see. The camera angle is not so good and it is a fast serve. It looks like it could be dead, under or top (it does look like topspin though), and there is some side but not so much. The Sixth one is also a fast serve and it looks like topspin with a small amount of side. The seventh one is also a fast serve and it is inside out topspin to the backhand side. The last one is very much like the Sixth serve.

I can see that, from the motion of his wrist and arm, I would be able to tell if he was there, but it is hard to be sure when you are looking at a video that is not such great quality. I really would love to see him playing a match though to see how he prepares for the third ball.

The placement on the third and forth serves (inside out topspin) is really excellent though.

blahness
12-29-2012, 06:13 AM
Okay, I am going to try a few more. The Fifth one is a little to hard to see. The camera angle is not so good and it is a fast serve. It looks like it could be dead, under or top (it does look like topspin though), and there is some side but not so much. The Sixth one is also a fast serve and it looks like topspin with a small amount of side. The seventh one is also a fast serve and it is inside out topspin to the backhand side. The last one is very much like the Sixth serve.

I can see that, from the motion of his wrist and arm, I would be able to tell if he was there, but it is hard to be sure when you are looking at a video that is not such great quality. I really would love to see him playing a match though to see how he prepares for the third ball.

The placement on the third and forth serves (inside out topspin) is really excellent though.

I'll go to his channel to see his individual serves to find out the answers for you all.

blahness
12-29-2012, 06:28 AM

You're pretty good, first one is side-under, second one side-top, third one side-under, fourth one side-top, also the fast reverse to the BH is side-under, hehe the reverse is really quite deceptive...for the hook side-under you have to notice during the contact the bat has to drag the ball downwards a period of time (this one is the teller), and there is less acceleration for the upwards "hook". The down-the-line serve is a plain no-spin fast serve

blahness
12-29-2012, 06:44 AM
The fifth is side-under, sixth is side-top, last serve is no-spin fast.

You can differentiate them through their exit trajectory, fast side-under typically are the shortest due to the slowing down effect of the underspin, side-top typically land a bit longer, while no-spin fast serves don't veer sideways.

Unfortunately it's how I actually determine the spin on long fast serves, by how much they slow down/accelerate and their trajectory LOL... the arm action is way tooooo fast to see anything at all...

blahness
12-29-2012, 06:47 AM
You can watch this guy's matches at the links here: http://bbs.chinatt.com/tt/dispbbs.asp?boardid=118&id=633763. I'll update the OP

UpSideDownCarl
12-29-2012, 12:37 PM
You're pretty good, first one is side-under, second one side-top, third one side-under, fourth one side-top, also the fast reverse to the BH is side-under, hehe the reverse is really quite deceptive...for the hook side-under you have to notice during the contact the bat has to drag the ball downwards a period of time (this one is the teller), and there is less acceleration for the upwards "hook". The down-the-line serve is a plain no-spin fast serve

Funny, I left out the down the line one. I just forgot to put it in and thought I had. I was pretty sure the down the line one was no spin because it is higher and very flat. It is an excellent serve though, because of the placement.

UpSideDownCarl
01-01-2013, 01:39 AM
You can watch this guy's matches at the links here: http://bbs.chinatt.com/tt/dispbbs.asp?boardid=118&id=633763. I'll update the OP

He sets up his points nicely. He knows what to expect as a return from his serves and is set for the third ball quite well. Nice. Fun to watch such well constructed points.

Kevzar
01-15-2013, 04:44 PM
respect for playing high level table tennis with long trousers haha :)

ttunreal
01-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Such high quality serves! Typical Chinese player or not, the serves are well served! Deceptive and great placement!

UpSideDownCarl
03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Bump.......

mok33
12-31-2013, 07:35 PM
i can't access the video ... can you pls passe me another link 'cause i'm getting curious :)

Tinykin
12-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Same here ^^^

ttmonster
01-01-2014, 08:01 AM
The videos are no longer there , any alternative links ?

courage1337
01-01-2014, 01:12 PM
I would like to see those serves have anyone some other links to that ?

bachikho
01-02-2014, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NkDK75PMM4

Tinykin
01-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Thanks, Bachikho, for the new link. I particularly like how he serve fast to BH or side double bouncer with almost same movement.

VinceG
01-03-2014, 03:11 AM
Great video, thanks for sharing, I'd love to be able to serve like that. Awesome!

ttmonster
01-03-2014, 04:34 AM
WOW !!! thanks , great serve, anybody has any more footage of this player , his serves are top quality !!