Equipment Reviews now on TTD

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey everyone

Sorry the title is a bit deceiving it should say 'Equipment Reviews soon to be on TTD' :p. Anyways, I need your help. Basically over Christmas I have been working hard with a team of coders, to make the ultimate equipment review system for table tennis lovers. It is still in the programming/developmental stage, the design is not yet done, however, I just want some ideas from you all that you think would make this system unique and great. I have some print screens below how it currently looks like. But it will transform massively. Just need some ideas that you think will really help our experience here on TableTennisDaily.

Main Interface

equip1.jpg

Product description page

equip2.jpg

Reviewing a product with comments from users

equip3.jpg

Here's the page to upload a product

equip4.jpg

Well theres some sneak peaks for you all :) Please reply with some feedback, what you think would be a good idea etc.

Thanks guys

Administrator
Oct 2010
looks great! The one thing I thought of that I might add would be if the product was recommended or not on the main interface. It could give them a better sense of if it's a good product without clicking on the link, and I noticed you have room :)

Love the recommendation, will certainly be doing that, so there will be a way to rate users reviews, so the top rated reviews will display similar to that on Amazon :)

By the way, welcome to the site, great to have you here with us all :)

Reactions: TTMB2
Administrator
Oct 2010
perhaps rather than have commentswith the title saying what the rating is, perhaps have a star rating system and the aggregated results displayed in a box- like when apps & songs are reviewed on itunes, if you know what i mean? :)

Awesome idea, will do that, nice idea... Could you upload some print screens of what you mean please regarding the itunes Super Chopper

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Awesome idea, will do that, nice idea... Could you upload some print screens of what you mean please regarding the itunes Super Chopper

ok here goes... :)
see what it does? it shows you how many of each star the product has received.
the amazon review system does that too so have a look at that also :)

GetAttachment.jpg

Administrator
Oct 2010
Administrator
Oct 2010
Its good idea :) but why this cant be shop with reviews , not only page for items reviewing ?

It will further into a shop in the near future buddy :)

what is , at navigation in pics , Ask a coach ? :D

Oh didn't think anyone would spot that ;) .. That's a future modification where users will be able to find out different reviews how to play against certain types of players etc. Or how to play shots etc with user reviews (ratings etc) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Nice work Dan + TTD team! Looking forward to see the finished result. Perhaps you could ad in an option where it states which "sponge technology" a certain rubber has? And what about having 3 extra rows so the reviewer can give his own points in "speed, spin and control". One thing is what the manufacture states , but another is how we experiencing the rubber.

Administrator
Oct 2010
Nice work Dan + TTD team! Looking forward to see the finished result. Perhaps you could ad in an option where it states which "sponge technology" a certain rubber has? And what about having 3 extra rows so the reviewer can give his own points in "speed, spin and control". One thing is what the manufacture states , but another is how we experiencing the rubber.

Thanks Giangt :) So do you mean whether the sponge has Tensor Technology? No worries I have that set up when a user reviews a certain equipment, so the stats display such as 'speed, spin, control', but there is additional attributes for a certain type of equipment. For example, shoes will have an option like Grip, Durability, Comfort :). This will then be displayed next to the rubber as 'User Stats' :)

Oh~ taht is just so amazing Dan.
Who invented the section? Soooooooo~ smart.

Aha thanks XIII, the system is based of a small modification. But now it's all us from here. Will be complete soon :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
So do you mean whether the sponge has Tensor Technology? No worries I have that set up when a user reviews a certain equipment, so the stats display such as 'speed, spin, control', but there is additional attributes for a certain type of equipment. For example, shoes will have an option like Grip, Durability, Comfort :). This will then be displayed next to the rubber as 'User Stats' :)

Yes exactly! Sounds great with the additional attributes when reviewing a certain product. Keep up the good work mate! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I would not have a field for control. Control is up to the user and I feel strongly it is just a marketing hype rating.
I am sure Timo Boll can control any of the rubbers listed better than any of us can. So what control is being evaluated, the person or the rubber?
Also, control depends on what you are trying to do. One of my favorite shots is a slow spinny loop that lands just behind the net an extreme angle. Slow and spinny inverted rubbers work for this shot but SPs do not yet most people would say a SP is more controllable. Control depends on what you want to do too.
Please don't add a control field.

I would replace control with suitability for different styles and skill levels. I would also like to know the skill level of the evaluator and the number of SIMILAR rubbers he has played with. It is also good to know how the rubber is evaluated. Evaluations when just hitting are very subjective. Evaluating against a robot is actually good because it shoots more consistent balls than a human does. Again, I think Timo Boll could make any of think the rubber or equipment we are using sucks. The point is that one must learn to evaluate the rubber or blade and not how it is used. I think the entry for applicable style and skill level would handle that.

Administrator
Oct 2010
Dan< you are really making us proud to be TTD members! hahahahah lol.
That is a magnificent idea... looking forward to it :)

Hey Judah, thanks for your kind comments :) Thank you :) Glad you like everything here

I would not have a field for control. Control is up to the user and I feel strongly it is just a marketing hype rating.
I am sure Timo Boll can control any of the rubbers listed better than any of us can. So what control is being evaluated, the person or the rubber?
Also, control depends on what you are trying to do. One of my favorite shots is a slow spinny loop that lands just behind the net an extreme angle. Slow and spinny inverted rubbers work for this shot but SPs do not yet most people would say a SP is more controllable. Control depends on what you want to do too.
Please don't add a control field.

I would replace control with suitability for different styles and skill levels. I would also like to know the skill level of the evaluator and the number of SIMILAR rubbers he has played with. It is also good to know how the rubber is evaluated. Evaluations when just hitting are very subjective. Evaluating against a robot is actually good because it shoots more consistent balls than a human does. Again, I think Timo Boll could make any of think the rubber or equipment we are using sucks. The point is that one must learn to evaluate the rubber or blade and not how it is used. I think the entry for applicable style and skill level would handle that.

Hey Pnachtweay, I've taken all your feedback on board :) Very good ideas, we will certainly integrate them. The only thing with not adding control is that manufacturers add control to their products so the review system would have to input those fields. However when the community review a product perhaps we could bring in the suitability section for which style the reviewer recommends best for?