World Championship of Ping Pong 2013

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
World Championship of Ping Pong, 5-6th January 2013, Alexandra Palace, London, England

The first major event of 2013 will be the World Championship of Ping Pong whereby 128 players (both men and women) compete over two days for a $100,000 prize-fund. The sport is ping pong using old-style hardbats. Televised live on Sky Sports. This unique competition will have a staggering $100,000 prize!

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE FINAL LIVE

Event Format

worldpingpongposter.jpg

Prize Fund

Winner $20,000 x 1 $20,000
Runner-Up $10,000 x 1 $10,000
Semi-Finalists $5,000 x 2 $10,000
Qtr Finalists $2,500 x 4 $10,000
Last 16 $1,500 x 8 $12,000
Last 32 $750 x 16 $12,000
Last 64 $500 x 32 $16,000
Non-qualifiers with one win $300 x 32 $9,600

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! Do you know anyone who is playing in the event?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Here I was the 2011 version. You can see how the players play :)

This was Trevor Runyan's (USA) first round match against the Russian It was best of 3 and the game score is 1-1 when this video starts.*

Las Vegas 2011 world championship using sand paper paddles. The winner of the match below went on to win overall.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
gavin rumgay will be playing..View attachment 3289

copied from one of the players joining..

and this is a video from two players in the picture from the philippines

So happy Gavin will play cannot wait to watch him. Did players like Gavin have to qualify do you know?

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
It's a fun event however I do have an opinion to share here. Seldom table tennis is shown on Sky Sport, but THIS event makes it to the TV. Tbh people probably watch this and never want to watch table tennis again, I watched it last year and from my perspective it was pretty awful. If an effort can be made to get this on TV then I have to ask why it is that we don't have more normal table tennis on there! :p

Reactions: WiWa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It's a fun event however I do have an opinion to share here. Seldom table tennis is shown on Sky Sport, but THIS event makes it to the TV. Tbh people probably watch this and never want to watch table tennis again, I watched it last year and from my perspective it was pretty awful. If an effort can be made to get this on TV then I have to ask why it is that we don't have more normal table tennis on there! :p
Indeed. It is a fun event and no more, but it is a shame for real table tennis that this stuff gets taken serious by TV and such. This hardbat thing is like beachvolleyball is to regular volleyball. Dan described it pretty well in the topic: "We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! Do you know anyone who is playing in the event?" It is nice to do in your spare time, but in my opinion not worth the attention it gets.

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Indeed. It is a fun event and no more, but it is a shame for real table tennis that this stuff gets taken serious by TV and such. This hardbat thing is like beachvolleyball is to regular volleyball. Dan described it pretty well in the topic: "We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! Do you know anyone who is playing in the event?" It is nice to do in your spare time, but in my opinion not worth the attention it gets.

hehe Hey William, long time :D

Reactions: WiWa
Administrator
Oct 2010
My friend Egle Adomelyte is playing, she recently won the Women's European Championships last week so I am routing for her! :) She has just posted this picture on Instagram below

pingpongchamp.jpg