Your own table tennis habbits?

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Everyone has them. Habbits!

Some love to hear some music before a match to get pumped up, others want to be alone. Why do we do that? We just get used to it and a certain routine in life seems good to have in a ever-changing world.

What are your habbits around the little celluloid ball?
Do you speak with your bat? Do you cut your rubbers with your own technique?
Or do you have a prefered type of play? What do you do with your left hand (respectively right hand) when you play? How important is clothing to you in a match? Does it make you more confident?

Let's discuss it here :)

As always i start:
My habbit is to write messages on my bat or/and rubbers before i glue them together :) it may sound silly but it did help me sometimes mentally to win a tight match

Here an example:aaaa.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
I like to listen some music ...... and i always want to be de first in front of the table!

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I twiddle by bat all the time, I started to notice I was doing it before I threw the ball up for every backhand serve. Please note that the rubber on my bat is inverted both sides so I don't actually flip my bat for any purpose it's just a random habit I have :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Used to has a habbit on writing my name on every own ball so they dont mix up with other... beside that, probably stomping with left leg

Talk about the serve, long time ago, I have seen one player who will twiddle his paddle for few rounds when he toss up the ball for serving lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Oh.. and I bounce the ball on the table always before I serve.

OMG man, that is really annoying. One antispin defender does that all the time and it drives me crazy. One time in a competition I asked him to stop doing that and just serve normally, he said he can’t because it is his ritual and he would know how to serve differently. Luckily I have managed to hold my nerves under control and still haven’t suffered a loss against him, but still, this is really annoying :).