PDA

View Full Version : Best STIGA equipment??

steelscorp
01-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Hi everyone, i need some help with this: what would be the best stiga equipment (blade, backhand, forehand) for an offensive player?
Thanks

Scorpnox
01-08-2013, 07:50 AM
I play with Stiga Clipper WRB... It's great! Great feeling on short balls and huge power on your strokes :)

Der_Echte
01-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Best Stiga equipment are their UNIFORMS !!!!

jedimasterplk
01-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Stiga Calibra LT is being used even by non Stiga sponsored pro players. Calibra series are awesome rubbers for offensive players.

T!Christian
01-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Depending on your style!
Rosewood or Ebenholz series are very expensives but they do not lack of quality!
Calibra Lt Sound is a nice soft rubber, i play it for example.
What do you want to play? :)

haris
01-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Clipper, no doubt. from rubbers i prefer Boost series over callibra. also i know few players playing with tube carbo.
if you want slower blade, maybe offensive classic, energy wood.

steelscorp
01-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Thank you very much everyone for your tips. I play with Hybrid Wood NCT, and calibra LT both sides.

Matt Hetherington
01-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Clipper is an amazing blade, also the Rosewood. Those 2 blades are used commonly among large groups of players in China. Calibra is probably the most popular Stiga rubber among the sponsored pros also :)

xxdreppexx
01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
calibra spin is very good

UpSideDownCarl
01-10-2013, 04:46 AM
I like the Clipper. I like the non WRB handle but with WRB it is still very good. I like the Rosewood V as well. I also like Stiga Energy Wood, Stiga Allround Evolution. Energy Wood is a little slower than a Clipper but made of the same wood (only 5 ply; Clipper is 7 plies). And Stiga Allround Evolution is a tiny bit slower than the Energy but it is made of the same wood as the Energy wood. I don't really love Stiga rubbers, but I love Stiga Blades.

Clipper, Energy Wood, and Allround Evolution are very inexpensive but excellent blades.

The wood plies of those blades are as follows:

Rosewood V NCT: Rosewood-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Rosewood

Clipper: Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba

Energy Wood: Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba

Allround Evolution: Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba

chughtai
01-10-2013, 06:21 PM
i am using stiga roosewood 7 it has great feeling nd control but it is heavy which is a drawback

abhay
03-28-2013, 08:09 PM
I agree with chughtai. Me too using a Stiga Roswood NCT 7 with Rakza 7(max) on both sides. My earlier setup was a Mark V with Butterfly Jonyer H-AN which was very light compared to my newer one (stiga)

But it comes with a good control and speed. It's made up of 7 plies.

merhaba
03-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I also use clipper cr wrb and I like it. additionally I use calibra sound rubbers on both sides. I liked these rubbers but on internet it is said that the calibra rubbers have less spin than other rubbers like tenergy, vega, evolution, etc... because of that Im in doubt. and sometimes I cant control the ball especially in underspins because of their speed.. but generally I can say my combine is not heavy. I dont know because of blade or because of rubbers but that is a good thing.. for example I tried my friend's sensitec sigma blade with vega rubbers and it was really heavy for me after my combine..

Dan
03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
I really like the Stiga Offensive! Such a great feeling!

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

UpSideDownCarl
03-29-2013, 02:24 PM
For the money, these blades from Stiga are great:

Clipper, Allround Evolution, Energy Wood, Offensive Classic, Tube Allround, Tube Offensive.

The Ebenholz NCT V and the Rosewood NCT V are great.

But, the best blade Stiga makes is the Rosewood XO. It is pretty amazing and the best all wood blade I have felt.

I don't love Stiga rubbers but the Calibra LT Sound are pretty decent soft rubbers.

dachille
03-29-2013, 04:02 PM
I am now using the Intensity NCT and am enjoying it very much.
This blade has not been reviewed much, I wonder why.

Knuckle Ball
03-31-2013, 05:11 PM
I like Magna TX II over the Calibras. I like Rosewood V over Clipper and Offensive Classic but these are all good.

peter79
08-30-2013, 05:36 AM
Stiga Clipper CC and Rosewood V for me

Belisar
08-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Clipper and Rosewood - yes.

Calibra and Boost I like (soft sponge for me please). Struggling with crumbling edges though, maybe a cutting issue I suppose.

decoy
08-31-2013, 01:53 AM
Deffinately Clipper. just look at how many pros have used it and still using it.. like Ma Long, his blade is pretty much a clipper.. and there are so many derrivatives of clipper is kinda crazy.

as for rubbers boost are definately worth the money, the new Tour rubbers are good

the Classic mendo rubber was a a really good rubber to use. especially in the SG days

m__v__h
08-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Stiga Clipper Wood combined w/ Calibra LT Sound is the best chioce for offensive players ;)

choronicles
09-22-2013, 11:13 PM
You Could refer to my review on Rosewood XO and Calibra LT Spin on http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?5592-STIGA-Rosewood-XO-Calibra-LT-Spin-Review&highlight=STIGA+Rosewood

I think that this 2 are the top 5 products that STIGA has produced.

Sun Tzu
09-23-2013, 08:33 AM
The Rosewood XO is nothing compared to the Rosewood V imo. It feels completely dead, if you want feel try some OSP blades ;)

Im selling 2 Rosewood V blades btw.

MegaZZ
09-24-2013, 10:53 AM
For the money, these blades from Stiga are great:

Clipper, Allround Evolution, Energy Wood, Offensive Classic, Tube Allround, Tube Offensive.

The Ebenholz NCT V and the Rosewood NCT V are great.

But, the best blade Stiga makes is the Rosewood XO. It is pretty amazing and the best all wood blade I have felt.

I don't love Stiga rubbers but the Calibra LT Sound are pretty decent soft rubbers.

Just a question for UpSideDownCarl, I am a penhold player using Hurricane III Neo Blue Sponge FH and Calibra LT Spin backhand (I use 50% RPB and 50% traditional penhold block). I play looping close and mid-distance to the table. I am interested in your impressions of the difference between Rosewood V and Rosewood XO. I have Rosewood V as one of my favourite competition racquets already and I am wondering whether it's worthwhile spending money to try Rosewood XO. On chinese TT forums many people say XO has better feel, is somewhat lighter (blade a bit thinner) although many said it wasn't any faster than Rosewood V (which was advertised by Stiga). In fact many said they couldn't really tell the difference except clearly XO had better quality Rosewood wooden plies (as advertised). I know you play shakehand but still if money is not an issue, would you get the Roswood XO on top of Rosewood V? Thanks!

UpSideDownCarl
09-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Just a question for UpSideDownCarl, I am a penhold player using Hurricane III Neo Blue Sponge FH and Calibra LT Spin backhand (I use 50% RPB and 50% traditional penhold block). I play looping close and mid-distance to the table. I am interested in your impressions of the difference between Rosewood V and Rosewood XO. I have Rosewood V as one of my favourite competition racquets already and I am wondering whether it's worthwhile spending money to try Rosewood XO. On chinese TT forums many people say XO has better feel, is somewhat lighter (blade a bit thinner) although many said it wasn't any faster than Rosewood V (which was advertised by Stiga). In fact many said they couldn't really tell the difference except clearly XO had better quality Rosewood wooden plies (as advertised). I know you play shakehand but still if money is not an issue, would you get the Roswood XO on top of Rosewood V? Thanks!

This is my opinion, if you like what you are using, there is no reason to change. If it is just that you want to try an XO, nothing wrong with trying it. If money is really no object, get it.

The XO is light, the balance is more in the handle so it will not be head heavy the way most Stiga blades tend to be. The lighter weight should give you a faster recovery time. The XO felt slightly faster with more dwell time and more spin and control to me. I think the Rosewood V NCT is pretty darn good. So I don't know that there is a reason to change. I think the Rosewood XO is kind of amazing though. All that being said, I am not sure that the differences would be as important to a penhold player as to a shakehand player. And since everyone likes different things it is hard to say which blade would be better for you. Just look, I love the XO and Sun Tzu thinks it is dead in comparison to the RV NCT.

As far as what Sun Tzu said about OSP blades, I really would love to try those blades. They look really nice. High quality hand made blades in the style of the old Stiga blades.

But I personally do think that the Rosewood XO may be one of the best blades Stiga makes and I personally like it enough more than the Rosewood V that I would use it. There are a few blades I like as much as the one I am using right now (Timo Boll ZLF), one is the Rosewood XO. I cannot say how I like the OSP blades because I have not tried them but, my guess is they may be a notch up from most mass produced blades since they are hand crafted. But there are so many choices out there and if what you have works for you, there is no need to change your setup.

drebin
11-05-2013, 08:50 AM
sorry, but in my opionion all the new blades (rosewood, ebenholz, ...) can't compete with the blades stiga made in the 60s and 70s. rosewood is surely a good one for offensive players, but did anyone ever play with a stiga off wood? these blades are way more thinner and do nearly have the same speed. and the control is much more better.

I personallly played a stiga off wood bengtsson from 1976 for a long time, but it was too fast for me. but now I switched to a stiga bengtsson nailed and it provides exactly the speed and control that I need. in combination with a bty tenergy 05 fx on fh and stiga boost tc on bh it is the perfect combination for me.

a disadvantage of the older stigas is surely the price for a blade in perfect condition. but if you have the chance, you should really get such a blade.

Mikael Berglund
11-07-2013, 07:19 PM
I agree that the Rosewood XO is something different and worth trying out.

tenergy_0425
12-29-2013, 10:54 AM
I think Stiga best blade is rosewood 5.It's control not bad