Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other (Post below)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
2013 ITTF World Tour, Spanish Open, Euro Africa Challenge Series,17 Jan 2013 - 20 Jan 2013, Almeria, ESP

The first World Tour of the year is taking place next week, staged from Thursday 17th to Sunday 20th January 2013! After the first World Tour the Austrian Open will commence the following week including all the best Chinese National Team players! This is the first tournament of the ITTF 2013 World Tour Series, which over the 2013 year combines a grand total of over $2,500,000 prize money!
Total number of entries so far is: 127

Host nation's He Zhiwen and Shen Yanfei are the respective Men and Women Singles top seeds at the Spanish Open 2013, the 1st World Tour event of the year!

Main Draw

Men's Singles Groups
Men's Singles Main Draw

Women's Singles Groups
Women's Singles Main Draw

Live matches from the Spanish Open can be watched in our ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated chat!

Spain's He Zhiwen, the World #66 qualifies into the Spanish Open as the #1 seed.

hizhiwen.jpg

Men's Singles Seeds

robinotspanish2013.jpg

Quentin Robinot enters the tournament as the #12 seed - Photo by: Alex Lomaev

1 He Zhiwen
2 Jean-Michel Saive
3 Carlos Machado
4 Cazuo Matsumoto
5 Thiago Monteriro
6 Christophe Legout
7 Gustavo Tsuboi
8 Omar Assar
9 Chun Ting Wong
10 Abdel-Kader Salifou
11 Romain Lorentz
12 Quentin Robinot
13 Marc Duran
14 Alfredo Carneros
15 Jesus Cantero
16 Andre Silva

For full Men's entries click here

Women Singles Seeds

mieskovspanish2013.jpg

Mie Skov enters the tournament as the #7 seed - Photo by: Feng Li/Getty Images Europe

1 Yanfei Shen
2 Huajun Jiang
3 Matilda Ekholm
4 Ho Ching Lee
5 Sara Ramirez
6 Wing Nam NG
7 Mie Skov
8 Dana Cechova
9 Yana Noskova
10 Galia Dvorak
11 Fang Zhu
12 Maria Xiao
13 Katerina Penkavova
14 Caroline Kumahara
15 Kathrin Muhlbach
16 Nina Mittelham

For full Women's entries click here

Live matches from the Spanish Open can be watched in our ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated chat!

This tournament will be very interesting, how will the top seeds perform with the likes of veterans He Zhiwen and jean Michel Saive in place? Could the young guns of Europe including Quentin Robinot and Abdel-Kade Salifou pose a thread?

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular 1st World Tour event of the year! What are your predictions from each event?

Reactions: aspitalak

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow thats an awesome story! He seems like a real nice guy! Did you ever play against him? Must be so difficult to play against him, looks so awkward. Upload a picture to us of the shirt :) Do you wear it, or is it framed :p

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Yes i play with he occasionally , his serve is fantastic very fast and misleading , you need to guess where the ball go (righ or left) when yoy see correct side is very late...
He is beloved here in spain , in this club played greats players (Primorac, Chen Qui ...) but Hen Zhi Wen is the favourite of spanish fans of tennis table.He was always very attentive with us. Is incredible tha a player with more than 50 years old remain in the mundial elite.
When i saw he play(about 12 years ago) , he used a rubber Globe 889 but he explained me that he getting the sponge appart ang glue with the top sheet whith heat.

Here are yoru photos , you not believe me ? :cool:

ST830222.jpgST830223.jpg

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yes i play with he occasionally , his serve is fantastic very fast and misleading , you need to guess where the ball go (righ or left) when yoy see correct side is very late...
He is beloved here in spain , in this club played greats players (Primorac, Chen Qui ...) but Hen Zhi Wen is the favourite of spanish fans of tennis table.He was always very attentive with us. Is incredible tha a player with more than 50 years old remain in the mundial elite.
When i saw he play(about 12 years ago) , he used a rubber Globe 889 but he explained me that he getting the sponge appart ang glue with the top sheet whith heat.

Here are yoru photos , you not believe me ? :cool:

View attachment 3356View attachment 3357

Wow thats incredible I would love to play him! I can imagine his serves are similar to a lady who got to the final of the Sydney Olympics in 2000, 'Sun Jin'. She was left handed and when I practiced against her, when she served it literally went either corner without me having any idea before hand :) Just had to react quickly.

I watched He Zhi play Wang Liqin at the English Open, he gave him huge problems was amazing! And yes at his age its remarkable keeping in the top 100 of the world!

Hehe course I believed you :) Just wanted to have a look at it :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Men's Singles first round had some unexpected results, 7 out of 16 matches were upsets:

Jesus Cantero - Khalid Assar 2-4
Enzo Angles - Gustavo Tsuboi 4-3
Omar Assar - Jon Persson 3-4
Thomas Le Breton - Alfredo Carneros 4-2
Romain Lorentz - Hampus Soderlund 2-4
Hampus Nordberg - Thiago Monteiro 4-3
Alexandre Robinot - Jean-Michel Saive 4-2

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
He Zhi Wen is out! Wow so many upsets in this tournament! I was really expecting He to win this!

Round of 16 update: Marc duran defeats He Zhi Wen 4-2 with scores 11-8, 5-11, 11-5, 10-12, 11-6, 11-8