Xu Xin's equipment (2013)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
As Xu Xin just crowned world number 1 in Jan, 2013, his equipement is very much talk about with different views of what his rubbers are. It is certain that his FH rubber has changed from H3 to TG3 with pics to proof, and most pics show his BH rubber is having red sponge so it is pretty much a tenergy of some sort. Most logical guessing is that he is using T64 on BH as other top CNT players like Malong and ZJK. Any other pics showing his blade and rubbers of different kind is very much appreciated.

XX1.jpgXX2.jpgXX blade WTC 2011.jpgXu_Xin.jpg

BTW anyone notice that his personal blade is much rounder in shape than what we can buy in store? I wonder if that is what XX specially request Stiga to custom made for him. I see the trend of Cpen going narrower over the years with more or less straight lines on both sides. May be Stiga can release a new Xu Xin RW5 Special World Number One version and squeeze more money from his fans.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Although it is only guessing but all recent pics and video of XX's RW5 show the BH sponge being red in colour so it just can't be any Stiga rubber but Tenergy like his teammates. Do you have any clear pics of him using Calibra with RW5 to clear things up (not the Stiga advertising video where he glued a Calibra in Red on his FH) ?

Last edited:

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

Nov 2010
The sponge on the red rubber looks more the colour of Calibra than Tenergy to me personally and I have both here in front of me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Could be true but it is real hard to judge the shade of red by the pic as it could be affected by exposure a lot. I put the pic of ZJK and Malong's blade side by side with Xu Xin's and the red look simply identical to me. We know ZJK and Malong both use Tenergy as BH so it might mean something. Also the brown color of RW5 handle should be much darker than that on the pic in real live so I believe the pic is overexposed and color is simply not accurate. I do hope someone will take closeup photos of his blade front and back as he is the current world number 1 and more people will be interested in knowing what he actually is using.

CNT blades.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I looked at the picture of his bat from the WTTTC against Kim Min Seok and the orange sponge looks like a dark one, so my guess is that it's a Tenergy. I looked at the sponge colour of Calibra LT on Google, and found it was a more lighter coloured orange.

BTW anyone notice that his personal blade is much rounder in shape than what we can buy in store? I wonder if that is what XX specially request Stiga to custom made for him. I see the trend of Cpen going narrower over the years with more or less straight lines on both sides. May be Stiga can release a new Xu Xin RW5 Special World Number One version and squeeze more money from his fans.

I think he probably sanded the sides of the bat where his fingers are when he's playing (evidently showing on the last photo) so he has a more comfortable crip. This must've altered the shape of the bat shape by a bit :)

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
As much as anything, it's the way it looks after the cut which says Calibra to me. The sponge doesn't look as porous around the edge on the 3rd picture as a Tenergy sponge. Tenergy sponge is much redder in my experience the one on the picture is orange even taking into account lighting and exposure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
As much as anything, it's the way it looks after the cut which says Calibra to me. The sponge doesn't look as porous around the edge on the 3rd picture as a Tenergy sponge. Tenergy sponge is much redder in my experience the one on the picture is orange even taking into account lighting and exposure.

Tenergy's sponge is orange not red . This rubber is definetely a tenergy . Dont know which but if you know the tenergy sponge , you can distinguish it rather easily .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Xu Xin uses Stiga Rosewood NCT V with 2 sheets of Stiga Calibra LT on forehand and backhand

Being part of the Chinese National Team, even just 'being a Chinese person playing table tennis', they would have Chinese Rubber on FH and another (Japanese mainly or even European) on BH. He has DHS Skyline TG3 on his FH and Calibra ST on his BH.

It's even on the Wikipedia if you'd like to find out simply :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Im sorry for the inconvinience my friend but , wikipedia is not a reliable source of information . I have seen some pictures of Xu xin's BH and the butterfly logos on his rubber but i cant find them right now ( im searching in another forum) . I saw that 6 months ago , i ll post the pictures if i find them :) That BH rubber is definetely a tenergy i cant tell which one but it is :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
It is old but at least that is a proof of fact with pic, not just assumption. So any pic with Calibra is needed to proof otherwise. Of course Stiga promotion video does not count as he clearly glued a red Calibra on FH of a Rosewood V but he also play with his usual black rubber on FH in the same video. Confused? :confused:

There is a site selling all the pro's equipment in China and it said Xu Xin use Stiga Magna for BH. Would anyone buy that?
http://www.ebest2008.com/ppqtz/1712.html