PDA

View Full Version : Xu Xin's equipment (2013)

TurboZ
01-12-2013, 02:45 PM
As Xu Xin just crowned world number 1 in Jan, 2013, his equipement is very much talk about with different views of what his rubbers are. It is certain that his FH rubber has changed from H3 to TG3 with pics to proof, and most pics show his BH rubber is having red sponge so it is pretty much a tenergy of some sort. Most logical guessing is that he is using T64 on BH as other top CNT players like Malong and ZJK. Any other pics showing his blade and rubbers of different kind is very much appreciated.

BTW anyone notice that his personal blade is much rounder in shape than what we can buy in store? I wonder if that is what XX specially request Stiga to custom made for him. I see the trend of Cpen going narrower over the years with more or less straight lines on both sides. May be Stiga can release a new Xu Xin RW5 Special World Number One version and squeeze more money from his fans.

TripleC
01-13-2013, 11:20 AM
True enough Xu Xin's blade is a STIGA Rosewood NCT V (maybe he sanded it a little but). His forehand rubber is a DHS NEO Skyline TG3 NEO (it was believed by many that skyline series are better for penholders because they have a distinguishing variation in forehand). His backhand is a STIGA Calibra LT, a somewhat OFF rubber.

TurboZ
01-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Although it is only guessing but all recent pics and video of XX's RW5 show the BH sponge being red in colour so it just can't be any Stiga rubber but Tenergy like his teammates. Do you have any clear pics of him using Calibra with RW5 to clear things up (not the Stiga advertising video where he glued a Calibra in Red on his FH) ?

jkc
01-15-2013, 04:11 PM
The sponge on the red rubber looks more the colour of Calibra than Tenergy to me personally and I have both here in front of me.

TurboZ
01-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Could be true but it is real hard to judge the shade of red by the pic as it could be affected by exposure a lot. I put the pic of ZJK and Malong's blade side by side with Xu Xin's and the red look simply identical to me. We know ZJK and Malong both use Tenergy as BH so it might mean something. Also the brown color of RW5 handle should be much darker than that on the pic in real live so I believe the pic is overexposed and color is simply not accurate. I do hope someone will take closeup photos of his blade front and back as he is the current world number 1 and more people will be interested in knowing what he actually is using.

TTFrenzy
01-16-2013, 03:47 PM
its definetely a tenergy . He used tenergy so far , i dont think he changed it in the past months . Orange sponge of that colour is characteristic of the tenergy sponges. He glued calibra on the stiga video for commercial reasons

ttunreal
01-18-2013, 09:55 AM
I looked at the picture of his bat from the WTTTC against Kim Min Seok and the orange sponge looks like a dark one, so my guess is that it's a Tenergy. I looked at the sponge colour of Calibra LT on Google, and found it was a more lighter coloured orange.

BTW anyone notice that his personal blade is much rounder in shape than what we can buy in store? I wonder if that is what XX specially request Stiga to custom made for him. I see the trend of Cpen going narrower over the years with more or less straight lines on both sides. May be Stiga can release a new Xu Xin RW5 Special World Number One version and squeeze more money from his fans.

I think he probably sanded the sides of the bat where his fingers are when he's playing (evidently showing on the last photo) so he has a more comfortable crip. This must've altered the shape of the bat shape by a bit :)

jkc
01-18-2013, 01:11 PM
As much as anything, it's the way it looks after the cut which says Calibra to me. The sponge doesn't look as porous around the edge on the 3rd picture as a Tenergy sponge. Tenergy sponge is much redder in my experience the one on the picture is orange even taking into account lighting and exposure.

DOMINO
01-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Xu Xin uses Stiga Rosewood NCT V with 2 sheets of Stiga Calibra LT on forehand and backhand

TurboZ
01-18-2013, 02:35 PM
It is understandable that no one can see the sponge is porous from a tv capture. I don't think anyone can see pores from ZJK's Viscaria from the above pic either. So more proof is needed here.

A blue sponge Calibra LT? Seriously? :cool:

huri
01-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Domino killed it :D

TTFrenzy
01-18-2013, 08:32 PM
As much as anything, it's the way it looks after the cut which says Calibra to me. The sponge doesn't look as porous around the edge on the 3rd picture as a Tenergy sponge. Tenergy sponge is much redder in my experience the one on the picture is orange even taking into account lighting and exposure.

Tenergy's sponge is orange not red . This rubber is definetely a tenergy . Dont know which but if you know the tenergy sponge , you can distinguish it rather easily .

TTFrenzy
01-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Domino killed it :D

Not everyone searches the true blade + rubber combination that the pro's use . Dont be harsh to the kid , he just saw it on the stiga video and believed it :)) I dont blame him

ttunreal
01-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Xu Xin uses Stiga Rosewood NCT V with 2 sheets of Stiga Calibra LT on forehand and backhand

Being part of the Chinese National Team, even just 'being a Chinese person playing table tennis', they would have Chinese Rubber on FH and another (Japanese mainly or even European) on BH. He has DHS Skyline TG3 on his FH and Calibra ST on his BH.

It's even on the Wikipedia if you'd like to find out simply :)

TTFrenzy
01-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Im sorry for the inconvinience my friend but , wikipedia is not a reliable source of information . I have seen some pictures of Xu xin's BH and the butterfly logos on his rubber but i cant find them right now ( im searching in another forum) . I saw that 6 months ago , i ll post the pictures if i find them :) That BH rubber is definetely a tenergy i cant tell which one but it is :D

TTFrenzy
01-19-2013, 12:29 PM
i ve found two lists dated back in early 2012 , in both of them xu xin uses a tenergy but no one knows which one . Maybe some of our chinese friends here can help us

TurboZ
01-19-2013, 03:26 PM
This one clearly shows the Butterfly logo.

TripleC
01-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Unfortunately, that was during the Kuwait Open. Xu Xin changes equipment a lot, and he already changed his BH rubber there. I don't even believe he uses calibra just for commercial purposes.

TurboZ
01-20-2013, 10:52 AM
It is old but at least that is a proof of fact with pic, not just assumption. So any pic with Calibra is needed to proof otherwise. Of course Stiga promotion video does not count as he clearly glued a red Calibra on FH of a Rosewood V but he also play with his usual black rubber on FH in the same video. Confused? :confused:

There is a site selling all the pro's equipment in China and it said Xu Xin use Stiga Magna for BH. Would anyone buy that?
http://www.ebest2008.com/ppqtz/1712.html

TripleC
01-21-2013, 12:04 PM
He didn't use Calibra on FH. And yes, he used Magna series before. I wonder why the pros don't reveal or update their equipment too often?

TTFrenzy
01-21-2013, 07:17 PM
I think if he changed to another brand we would know , these things dont stay long in the dark .

TableTennisDaily
01-24-2013, 12:34 AM
I am going to try out Xu Xin's blade soon cannot wait!! :)

ttunreal
01-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Im sorry for the inconvinience my friend but , wikipedia is not a reliable source of information . I have seen some pictures of Xu xin's BH and the butterfly logos on his rubber but i cant find them right now ( im searching in another forum) . I saw that 6 months ago , i ll post the pictures if i find them :) That BH rubber is definetely a tenergy i cant tell which one but it is

Someone actually posted it in a forum, but I can't remember which one, but you have to admit though, him being in the Chinese National Team, he must be following the trend of all his fellow players in the team; "Chinese rubber" on forehand and some "Japanese or European" rubber on the backhand (since it offers more spin due to grip and better trajectory) and if you look at each of the players, MOST of them have Japanese on their backhand :)

TTFrenzy
01-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Someone actually posted it in a forum, but I can't remember which one, but you have to admit though, him being in the Chinese National Team, he must be following the trend of all his fellow players in the team; "Chinese rubber" on forehand and some "Japanese or European" rubber on the backhand (since it offers more spin due to grip and better trajectory) and if you look at each of the players, MOST of them have Japanese on their backhand :)

I didnt claim the opposite...i disagree on the fact that he uses calibra when in all of his paddle pictures a tenergy is shown ! That's all !

TurboZ
03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Xu Xin is playing with something Yasaka in the World Team Classic 2013, probably another YEO. Don't know if it is long or short term and what Stiga has to say about it. He seems to get along with it pretty well. He did mention that he will change blade if he did not feel like winning. May be he is upset about losing the world rank number 1 spot too soon. ;)

krro
03-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Ask on Stiga's facebook page :)

Markvee
03-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Look at the long handle, it's a shakehand blade. Must be a backup blade he borrowed from someone.

TurboZ
03-29-2013, 10:15 PM
The handle of YEO is long and thin compare to RW5. It looks long even in Ma Lin's hand.

XX's blade shows the face colour of YEO so probably it is. The lens seems to be altered to remove the Olympic Champ's name. The big gap between rubber and handle is unlike his recent practice with RW5. At least he did remember to stick a Stiga side tape on it. Interesting if he will keep using it. May be Yasaka needs another top figure to sponsor after Malin's upcoming retirement.

decoy
03-30-2013, 04:59 PM
thats normal of YEO/MEO blade , they just seem to have longer handles. what we need is for some to go to a TT tournament with all the big players such as xx and do the equivalent of streaking. but insteat just run up and check what rubbers they use

TableTennisDK
03-30-2013, 09:04 PM
He plays Calibra on the backhand.

Markvee
03-30-2013, 10:46 PM
The handle of YEO is long and thin compare to RW5. It looks long even in Ma Lin's hand.

Oh right sorry. I saw another picture which made the handle look very long, I must have totally misjudged the angle.

sebas-aguirre
03-31-2013, 04:15 AM
Xu Xin is playing with something Yasaka in the World Team Classic 2013, probably another YEO. Don't know if it is long or short term and what Stiga has to say about it. He seems to get along with it pretty well. He did mention that he will change blade if he did not feel like winning. May be he is upset about losing the world rank number 1 spot too soon. ;)

it's funny that he has
-dhs fh rubber
-butterfly bh rubber
-yasaka blade (if it is indeed a yaska, maybe it's just a new stiga model not released yet)
-stiga edge tape

as for the handle in a recent video his coach said that his hands are so big that he needs an extra long handle, longer than the regular cpen handles.

Mikael Berglund
03-31-2013, 11:01 PM
If you watch one of the Jagged videos with Xu Xin from the WTTC trials (can't remember which one) you'll hear his coach Qin Zhijan discuss his equipment. It's a special blade made larger just for him because of his large hands. It also has more plies than usual.

ducksick
04-01-2013, 01:51 AM
I did comments on a post by Stiga on FB, but as usual, Stiga keep quiet bout it.

UpSideDownCarl
04-01-2013, 04:08 AM
He plays Calibra on the backhand.

Can you find anything that shows that? Can you find any photos of his backhand rubber from tournaments where you can see that he is using Calibra?

There are many photos from competitions where you can see that he is using some Butterfly rubber for his backhand:

This one clearly shows the Butterfly logo.

ttmedari
04-01-2013, 05:57 AM
Can you find anything that shows that? Can you find any photos of his backhand rubber from tournaments where you can see that he is using Calibra?

There are many photos from competitions where you can see that he is using some Butterfly rubber for his backhand:
yes we never exactly know what they use..
that photo clearly butterfly (it is photo from long time ago..), but maybe he has change?

TurboZ
04-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Photo from recent World Team Classic did show a faint trace of Butterly logo on it.

As for the Cpen handle. May be his blade is longer than usual but from some top shots it is not much different than what Ma Lin is using.

UpSideDownCarl
04-01-2013, 07:48 AM
yes we never exactly know what they use..
that photo clearly butterfly (it is photo from long time ago..), but maybe he has change?

Well, I guess the question would be, has anyone ever seen any photo of him at a tournament playing with a racket that had Calibra on it? He certainly used Calibra when filming for Stiga. But did he ever use it in a tournament? There are many photos of him using Butterfly rubbers on his backhand. I have yet to see photos of him using Calibra except when he was filming for Stiga.

TableTennisDK
04-01-2013, 10:38 AM

That does not seem to be a new photo, and he is known to be changing equipment alot.
http://stigatabletennis.com/en/players/xu-xin-chn/ clearly states that he uses Calibra LT. Also here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xu_Xin

UpSideDownCarl
04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
That does not seem to be a new photo, and he is known to be changing equipment alot.
http://stigatabletennis.com/en/players/xu-xin-chn/ clearly states that he uses Calibra LT. Also here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xu_Xin

Stiga, his sponsor, has every reason to say that he is using Stiga Rubbers. He may say that and go along with that. But, the photos TurboZ just posted were VERY recent and it looks like Butterfly on the backhand. Again, if someone can find ANY photo of Xu Xin, from ANY tournament, where he is playing real competition, and he is using Stiga Calibra rubbers, I would be pretty surprised. I personally do not care what rubber he is using. But all the evidence suggests that he is using one of the Tenergy rubbers for his backhand and it looks like it is Skyline III NEO on his forehand. Many pros use something different than what their sponsors say they are using. For a long time Wang Liqin was using a Stiga Clipper with a DHS handle. Players from Donic, Andro and Tibar whose profiles have said they use rubbers from their sponsors have been seen using Tenergy instead at tournaments. It happens all the time that a player plays with something different than what their sponsor advertises that they play with.

Since there are photos of Butterfly backhand rubbers for Xu Xin and I have never seen a photo of his racket with a Stiga rubber in a tournament situation, I am more than a little skeptical about what Stiga says Xu Xin is using.

As far as I am concerned, though, you can do the math for yourself.

UpSideDownCarl
04-01-2013, 12:53 PM
By the way, I know a professional player who had been sponsored by Stiga for years who recently asked Stiga if it was okay for her to use Tenergy. She said to me that she could not compete against people who were using Tenergy while she had to use Calibra. She felt it was an unfair advantage.

When Stiga told her--and she is not a big star like Xu Xin--that she could not use Tenergy, she switched her sponsorship and now is sponsored by Butterfly. That is how much it meant to her to be able to use Tenregy and not Calibra. With Xu Xin, my guess is, if Stiga decided to drop him because he is not using their rubbers--and he is definitely not using Stiga rubbers on his forehand, there is no hiding that--if Stiga decided to drop him because he is not using the rubbers they want him to use, he would just go with another company. But he is a big enough star that Stiga probably does not care as long as he says he uses Stiga rubbers.

TableTennisDK
04-01-2013, 01:24 PM

The picture of Xu Xin pointing is from Kuwait 2010, and not 2013, it has been 3 years, I do not think he was a STIGA player back then. The new pictures does not specificly show his BH rubber, but it is orange-ish, Tenergy rubbers are known to be red, Calibra is orange. http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4255-Professional-Players-Equipment-2013

Could be Tenergy, but we have to look at this objectively. Btw, I really enjoy your posts in here.

TurboZ
04-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Photo from recent World Team Classic did show a faint trace of Butterly logo on it.

As for the Cpen handle. May be his blade is longer than usual but from some top shots it is not much different than what Ma Lin is using.

Anyone else see the Butterfly logo on his back rubber besides me in my previous post? I believe the photo is enough to clear things up.

UpSideDownCarl
04-02-2013, 03:35 AM
Anyone else see the Butterfly logo on his back rubber besides me in my previous post? I believe the photo is enough to clear things up.

Yes, on my computer I can see the Butterfly logo. If your screen is big enough you can see it. The only thing on that racket that is made by Stiga is the end tape. :)

ttmedari
04-02-2013, 05:11 AM
. . .
That is how much it meant to her to be able to use Tenregy and not Calibra. With Xu Xin, my guess is, if Stiga decided to drop him because he is not using their rubbers--and he is definitely not using Stiga rubbers on his forehand, there is no hiding that--if Stiga decided to drop him because he is not using the rubbers they want him to use, he would just go with another company. But he is a big enough star that Stiga probably does not care as long as he says he uses Stiga rubbers.
I think so, and maybe that's why he use YEO

beeray1
04-03-2013, 05:50 AM
His fingers are so long that he needs a blade that is custom made for him to be extra long.

TTHopeful
04-11-2013, 01:42 AM
I found this post on another site, it states how Xu Xin is using a custom blade. It went on to say, Xu xin's coach recently stated that XX's Rosewood blade is custom made and it's oversize because of Xin's huge palm and perhaps Stiga will be working on a new blade for him... Any news guys?

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/23038/XX-YEO.jpg

msk
04-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi guys, I'm a newbie here. I've niticed that too. Xu Xin's blade seems to be Yasaka, at least his handle (it is Yasaka, 100% sure). Considering it's dark outer ply it looks like it is Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Off. But nobody knows what it is in real.

decoy
04-17-2013, 05:55 AM
time to call my friends friends in china and get them to investigate

ttmedari
04-17-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm glad that XX back to Yasaka and make a gap between rubber and handle, like watching him former

Giangt
04-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Stiga has just confirmed that Xu Xin has changed his blade to Stiga Intensity NCT. The "YEO" blade has for sure been a Stiga blade with a Yasaka handle. That is just my thoughts.

http://stigatabletennis.com/en/wp-content/themes/stigasports/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://stigatabletennis.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/start-intensity-xuxin.jpg&w=940&h=460&zc=1?1366832693623
Source: Stigatabletennis.com

TurboZ
05-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Xu Xin is indeed using the new Intensity NCT in WTTC 2013. Looks like it has the same structure as YEO but cost more than triple. Should be the next hot item if Xu Xin win the title with it.

ducksick
05-16-2013, 05:54 AM
The handle are Intensity... but you look at the blade... a bit different from Intensity (cover up by side tape as well)? or the wood(custom made) just using intensity as handle? Pls compare both pic.. the Stiga intenstiy pic and the pic posted by Turboz.

TurboZ
05-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Hard to tell as the pic from Stiga is shakehand while Xu Xin is using penhold. It is common for penhold and shakehand having different shape. Usually shakehand has a rounder face. But I do believe his Intensity is not some off the shelf product just like his RW5.

krro
05-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Xu Xin is indeed using the new Intensity NCT in WTTC 2013. Looks like it has the same structure as YEO but cost more than triple. Should be the next hot item if Xu Xin win the title with it.

Handle are not equal to what blade players use.

MegaZZ
05-16-2013, 01:28 PM
You are right, thats because his Rosewood and Intensity NCT are not off the shelf, they are definitely custom made for him. In fact I have both in penhold and they are not excactly the same as the one Xu Xin has, however that is quite normal as I know the same applies to Butterfly products too, i.e. the shakehand Boll ALC I have is also not exactly the same as Timo Boll's. I think it has been pointed out that YEO and Intensity have significant similarities in construction but I think to be fair to Stiga the woodwork and craftsmanship is significantly better for the Intensity and in my personal opinion it's a bit faster. Is it worth the price tag? You be the judge :)

TurboZ
05-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Sad to see XX lost 4:0 to ZJK in the wttc semi final. May be ZJK is the better player on the day but still Stiga is the one to blame for forcing XX to use their new Intensity NCT in this important tournament simply for advertising purpose. He played so well with his previous RW5 and even the YEO look alike beating everyone for months. Why use a totally unfamiliar new blade right before wttc? Worst so he had damaged his already unfamiliar blade with yet another more unfamiliar backup blade. He even had to cut the rubber edges off right in front of the camera by scissors. How can one play with it in such a condition? Why Stiga did not give him the blade months before the big event so he can practice with it more is beyond me. I wonder if it is XX's will to switch or Stiga's. He was already shaky against Kenta with it so no chance verses the champ at all.

On the other hand ZJK is tough to hold on to his Viscaria no matter how good or bad he played with it. Not even the TT giant Butterfly can force any of their high priced new blades under his name into his hand. Salute!

Ok one more clear shot of XX's backhand rubber of Tenergy in this year's wttc. Hope Stiga won't force him to play with their rubber one day.

krro
05-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Sad to see XX lost 4:0 to ZJK in the wttc semi final. May be ZJK is the better player on the day but still Stiga is the one to blame for forcing XX to use their new Intensity NCT in this important tournament simply for advertising purpose. He played so well with his previous RW5 and even the YEO look alike beating everyone for months. Why use a totally unfamiliar new blade right before wttc? Worst so he had damaged his already unfamiliar blade with yet another more unfamiliar backup blade. He even had to cut the rubber edges off right in front of the camera by scissors. How can one play with it in such a condition? Why Stiga did not give him the blade months before the big event so he can practice with it more is beyond me. I wonder if it is XX's will to switch or Stiga's. He was already shaky against Kenta with it so no chance verses the champ at all.

On the other hand ZJK is tough to hold on to his Viscaria no matter how good or bad he played with it. Not even the TT giant Butterfly can force any of their high priced new blades under his name into his hand. Salute!

Ok one more clear shot of XX's backhand rubber of Tenergy in this year's wttc. Hope Stiga won't force him to play with their rubber one day.

How can you be sure he use Stiga blade and not YEO with Intensity handle?

TurboZ
05-21-2013, 10:22 AM
How can you be sure he use Stiga blade and not YEO with Intensity handle?

No one except the insiders can but still a change of handle is enough to upset one's personal blade's balance if you are the number one man in the world. Unless you have months to practice with the same blade and obviously he did not. Not to mention he was forced to use his backup blade where he had to trim it seconds before resuming the match without even a minute of practice. Obviously that blade is not prepared. He did not perform at all. You know how precise the weight in gram they demand for their blade and FH/BH rubbers? No matter how you see it it is a disaster that should not have happened. There are many reasons why WH and ZJK always appear in finals and I believe not changing their blades often is one of them.

DJ-RoGeRs-BS
12-26-2014, 02:40 AM
Alguien puede decirme que tipo de implementación esta usando Xu Xin en estos tiempos [26-12-2014] tanto madero como gomas, especialmente sus zapatillas (creo que son mizuno) pero ideal saber que modelo son por favor, de antemano muchísimas gracias y disculpen mi ingles. Gracias

Someone can say to me that type of this implementation using Xu Xin in these times [26-12-2014] both log and rubbers, specially his Shoes (I believe that they are MIZUNO) but ideal to know what model are please, in advance many graces and sorry for my English. Thanks