Which rubber to use ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
If you like to rely on your own power and own skill as well as activeness in the game, I'd suggest getting a Chinese Rubber (e.g. DHS Hurricane 2/3/3 Neo, Globe, 999 etc.) since they have a hard topsheet and sponge so it won't give you extra power like the tensor rubbers (due to the ball sinking in) so because of that, your power, footwork and speed is relied on to have a good powerful shot.

However if you happen to like fast rubbers but want to let the rubber do some of the work for you, then you should be using rubbers like Tenergy (Highly expensive though), Japanese rubber or Euro rubbers as they are tensor rubbers and let the ball sink it, giving it that catapult effect, thus the power not only coming from you but the rubber contributing a helping hand as well.

If you have happened to train with a blade with Chinese rubbers on it initially, I'd suggest getting Chinese rubbers since you know you have the initial feeling of the rubber and vice versa for the tensor rubbers. Me personally, I'd like Chinese rubbers because I rely on speed and power to get a good shot at the ball. I'm currently having Japanese rubbers on both sides but I'm changing quite soon to Chinese on forehand and Japanese on backhand (as seen on my bio on the left)

Good luck choosing the right rubber! :D