Skyline TG2 NEO vs Hurricane 3 NEO

This user has no status.
Hello guys,I just like to ask my fellow penholders out there in which rubber would be more preferrable to penholders in forehand. They say that the Hurricane 3 NEO is the universal rubber, and I do quite agree, but the Skyline series is the most suitable one for penholders in the forehand. I just like to know your thoughts on these and you could help me out which is for the FH. Thanks!

I use skyline tg2 neo for both forehand and backhand on a pg7 shakehand. It produces huge spin, but speed-wise you must have excellent forearm acceleration on your loops to get the best out of it. It starts off with high throw but will gradually lower to medium-low. Initially out of the packet, it is very tacky but after my first time cleaning it, it lost most of the tack.
If you are a mid-distance looper, this rubber is not for you- it is a monster in the close game but when I take a step back my loops fly into the net because of the low throw. Blocking is good, lands on the table most of the time.
If you have any questions, just ask and Ill do my best to answer it.

says Footwork footwork footwork
Revival!

So... anyone between 7 years ago and now have any input on H3 Neo vs. TG2 Neo?

My impressions are (TG2 vs. H3) that TG2:
-Has lower throw angle and thus smaller margin for error.
-Has more Spin potential (especially at harder shots); H3 seems to be generally spinnier in low input shots.
-Is a bit slower overall but has a higher ceiling for bottoming out this potentially can be faster/spinnier with the right stroke.
-has better feel for me; I can keep my pushes lower and place most shots with more accuracy as long as I’m taking care of the lower throw.

Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Revival!

So... anyone between 7 years ago and now have any input on H3 Neo vs. TG2 Neo?

My impressions are (TG2 vs. H3) that TG2:
-Has lower throw angle and thus smaller margin for error.
-Has more Spin potential (especially at harder shots); H3 seems to be generally spinnier in low input shots.
-Is a bit slower overall but has a higher ceiling for bottoming out this potentially can be faster/spinnier with the right stroke.
-has better feel for me; I can keep my pushes lower and place most shots with more accuracy as long as I’m taking care of the lower throw.

Anyone else?

Agree with all your points. At the amateur level many people including myself aren't trained to unleash the top speed/spin of TG2. Therefore I usually played worse with TG2 than with H3.

When I just start training with full energy, I train with TG2. My topspin is clearly too much for many club members.

says Footwork footwork footwork
Agree with all your points. At the amateur level many people including myself aren't trained to unleash the top speed/spin of TG2. Therefore I usually played worse with TG2 than with H3.

When I just start training with full energy, I train with TG2. My topspin is clearly too much for many club members.

So what do you end up playing with now? TG2 or H3?
It’s so true, the harder you engage the rubber/sponge, the better it feels and the better the results. Is that a good thing? Teaches me to be aggressive, but I need to find that balance of controlled power.

In any case, TG2 is more fun for me to play with than H3. The feeling and almost “specialty” characteristics of it... just kind of cool for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I have used both Hurricane 3 NEO and Skyline TG2 NEO, mostly the softest (H39) sponge. H3N tends to go long for me often. TG2 is a little bit slower and better control I think. I actually tried Yinhe Big Dipper and have stuck to this since last autumn. It gives me a little more control than TG2 and still makes my loops vicious. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have used all the common DHS rubbers. DHs H3 Neo is my prefered rubber with H2 Neo being second. H2 Neo works well for the BH but right now I have H2 Neo mounted on the FH of my Firewall+ paddles that I use for push blocking. H2 works well enough for close to the table play.