which one should i buy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
hi guys i want to buy and set of new blades and rubbers which one should i buy?:D

1.BLADE: viscaria FH: T05 BH: T05 or T64

2.BLADE: timo boll alc FH: T05 BH: T05 or T64

3.BLADE: dhs hurricane hao FH: hurricane neo 3 BH: T64

4.BLADE:viscaria FH: hurricane neo 3 BH: T64

i want good control,spin and good top spin i know there are mostly the same but i like viscaria more,is number 4 or 1 good?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have a Viscaria. I personally like the Timo Boll ALC a little more than I like the Viscaria. They are both really excellent blades though. 05 for the forehand and Tenergy 64 on the backhand is good, 05 would be fine for backhand as well. But I know a few pros in New York who use T05FX.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
hi guys i want to buy and set of new blades and rubbers which one should i buy?:D

1.BLADE: viscaria FH: T05 BH: T05 or T64

2.BLADE: timo boll alc FH: T05 BH: T05 or T64

3.BLADE: dhs hurricane hao FH: hurricane neo 3 BH: T64

4.BLADE:viscaria FH: hurricane neo 3 BH: T64

i want good control,spin and good top spin i know there are mostly the same but i like viscaria more,is number 4 or 1 good?

One thing's for sure, you do understand that it is A LOT of money you have to spend to get those kinds of setups! And one things for sure, you can't have a set up that's good at speed and control, because they just don't go together! So you'll have to go into more detail as for how your game is like (e.g. are you a allround player or are you an all out attacker?)

However, IMO, my preference would be number 4 because with the Chinese rubber (Hurricane 3 Neo), the speed of the power is solely relied on your own power, speed and footwork which means your forehand is literally "in your hands" (i.e. your capabilities matches what happens with the ball) and the topsheet is good for over the table play and with the Tenergy 64, you have the great amount of spin and pretty good speed and decent control due to the spring sponge. I also see that the combination is Zhang Jike's one, remember, you shouldn't try to get combinations that may not suit you! Choose rubbers and a blade that may fit to your budget and can offer the same benefits as those rubbers :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
the money doesent really matter :D im an offensive player my first blade was mazunov with srivers on both sides im good with bluefire m1 but i keep hitting the ball out of the table.

Well, if you're just an... offensive player in general, then all those combos suit you. If you want 05 on both sides, then go for the first one :) Viscaria is good because you can sorta still feel the ball like what it is with an allwood blade (according to someones blog), but as EditingSports said, as long as you have good technique, you can go with any combination. Personally, what I think is to get one of those combinations and just train on that equipment and get used it, rather than saying that it's... an alright set-up and decide to change again, because that isn't a good habit, JUST REMINDING YOU! XD

Go with option 1 :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Timo Boll ALC, FH Tenergy 05, BH Tenergy 05 FX

Timo Boll ALC, FH Tenergy 05, BH Tenergy 64

Viscaria, FH Tenergy 05, BH Tenergy 05 FX

Viscaria, FH Tenergy 05, BH Tenergy 64

You cannot really go wrong with any of those setups.

The idea with 64 or 05 FX on the backhand is this. If the rubber you use on the backhand is a little softer than the rubber you use on the forehand there is an advantage. The forehand being a larger stroke with a lot of power from the body behind it, having a harder rubber is good because your power helps the ball sink in so you get the spin with the power. Then the harder sponge which is faster will add to the power of your stroke. With the backhand the stroke is necessarily smaller than the forehand and you cannot put the same amount of body into it. So, with a softer rubber, you can get the ball to sink into the topsheet more and get more spin, more control and more mechanical advantage from the rubber for speed and control. That is why so many pros use a rubber that is softer on the backhand than what they have on the forehand.

Now I recently started using Xiom Omega IV Pro for forehand and Xiom Omega IV Europe for backhand. I actually like this rubber a little better than Tenergy even though it will not last quite as long. Where I get it, it is almost half the price of Tenergy, but I feel it plays a little better. Not much, they are close. But I actually like it better than Tenergy.

Reactions: Idiot
says Aging is a killer
what should i buy? viscaria or timo boll alc? i wanna buy T05 on both sides which one is better? :D

It's obvious. Buy the Viscaria as the name is just so cooool. ZJK is WC and OLy champion using that blade.
Also buy a Stiga Allround +T05 both sides.
You may be surprised at what you'll find.

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
If you are deciding between option 1 and option 4 and you used to play with sriver then I think you would be more suited to tenergy rather than hurricane as it can take a while to get used to hurricane so i think option 1 is best for you.