Next World Champion in TT - A Robot!!!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
How amazing is this!! Maybe one day robots will be beating us in sport (table tennis) by 2050 as the scientists have predicted ;)

Do you think this is possible??

800px-TOPIO_3.0.JPG

Do you think robots could be capable of beating Ma Long by 2050?? would this be cool? haha

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I hope I can beat the nigerian guy I played last week in Vegas till 2050...haha.
He's a hell fast!

The robot is amazing. I must say that I'm very surprised. Does human technology has a limit?

Not to sure, but i read once that they think the micro chip will stop getting smaller by 2017... but who knows a,, bloody cool contraption in the video!! heres the robot playing

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
Not to sure, but i read once that they think the micro chip will stop getting smaller by 2017... but who knows a,, bloody cool contraption in the video!! heres the robot playing

A freaking computer (2 MHz processor, 4 Kb ram) can send man to the moon and we can't even program a bot to motion track and whack a white ball ? no, it has nothing to do with die size of the chip or motor response whatsoever. Its just the lack of attention of this sport. List me one benefit of making a killer ping pong bot that nobody can beat, besides just a proof of concept

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
A freaking computer (2 MHz processor, 4 Kb ram) can send man to the moon and we can't even program a bot to motion track and whack a white ball ? no, it has nothing to do with die size of the chip or motor response whatsoever. Its just the lack of attention of this sport. List me one benefit of making a killer ping pong bot that nobody can beat, besides just a proof of concept

But remember when you first started playing table tennis how hard it was to keep the ball on the bat for longer then 10 bounches and then it would fall off due to the side spin etc..... This robot has mastered to keep going simultaneously...

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i would love to see a robot break down in an final

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
A major benefit for a revolutionary idea like this would mean that players (when/if it is made to an advanced level) would save vasts amount of money and time (2 major resources) because a player would just be able to continually practice with a robot for as long as they wanted that is constantly better than the player. I mean think of it this way it would be the ultimate training partner, often at table tennis clubs players who are better than others do not want to train with players of a lesser standard as the training for the better players would not be as beneficial, but for the worse player it is much more beneficial and with a robot the lower standard player can train whenever they want with a better opponent as obviously a robot can't think so they won't care playing with someone worse than them. Also it would save players constant financial investment into coaches and travel costs as they would just buy a robot saving them a lot of money, in some cases vast amounts of money as some players spend millions!!!

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
A major benefit for a revolutionary idea like this would mean that players (when/if it is made to an advanced level) would save vasts amount of money and time (2 major resources) because a player would just be able to continually practice with a robot for as long as they wanted that is constantly better than the player. I mean think of it this way it would be the ultimate training partner, often at table tennis clubs players who are better than others do not want to train with players of a lesser standard as the training for the better players would not be as beneficial, but for the worse player it is much more beneficial and with a robot the lower standard player can train whenever they want with a better opponent as obviously a robot can't think so they won't care playing with someone worse than them. Also it would save players constant financial investment into coaches and travel costs as they would just buy a robot saving them a lot of money, in some cases vast amounts of money as some players spend millions!!

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010
Oh is this possible, what amazing robot...!!!