Tenergy (1.9 vs 2.1 weight) on Timo Boll ALC and Jun Mizutani

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Hello everyone,

I have a friend which is using Jun Mizutani with Tenergy05 and Tenergy64.
I bought a Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy05 and Tenergy64 as well.

As far as I know, Jun Mitzutani weight about 91g, while Timo Boll ALC weight about 88g.

However, when I tried both my blade and my friend blade, it seems that my Timo Boll ALC is HEAVY HEADED, while his Jun Mizutani is NOT HEAVY HEADED at all and it feels so much better. The heavy-headed problem is very obvious. I can flick better with my friend blade and my response is much faster because it is lighter on the head.

Now comes the question. My Tenergy05 and Tenergy64 is 2.1mm, and on the other hand, we don't know what my friend's Tenergy is because he didn't notice about it when he first bought it.

My assumption is that his Tenergy is 1.9mm, thus it is NOTICEABLY LIGHTER than my blade. Or is it because Jun Mizutani weight distribution is much better than Timo Boll ALC?

Can you guys share some thoughts about this?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Now comes the question. My Tenergy05 and Tenergy64 is 2.1mm, and on the other hand, we don't know what my friend's Tenergy is because he didn't notice about it when he first bought it.

My assumption is that his Tenergy is 1.9mm
You will be able to see the difference between 2.1 and 1.9 if you compare the bats side-by-side. Or you can use a ruler.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Nice link you got there. Easy to search and compares all other rubbers too.
So it seems that...

Tenergy64 (2.1) = 67g to 68g
Tenergy64 (1.9) = 63g

Tenergy05(2.1) = 70g
Tenergy05(1.9) = 66g to 68g

There is about 4g different for 2.1 and 1.9 sheet uncut rubber. So after cutting it out, I assume, the difference would probably be 3g then.
3g for both side is equal to 6g.

I suppose 6g makes a SIGNIFICANT difference for smaller sized guy like me.