Rubber Advice Needed!

This user has no status.
Hey guys! I am a relatively new player, been involved in the sport for about two years now. I currently have Primorac FL with Sriver FX and Sriver EL. I am looking for something a little bit faster, as I am finding my shots to be slower and easier to return than I would like; almost as if my equipment is a step behind me. I have tried out Bryce Speed FX a little, and it is a lot more satisfying than my Srivers (The setup I tried with Bryce Speed FX also had Primorac). I'm really tentative to take the leap to Tenergy, and was also considering something like Sriver G3, Roundell, or Bryce/Bryce Speed. Any advice/opinions? and also how much of a step up is it really to Tenergy?
P.S. I am not really considering changing my blade at this point, as it takes a long time to adjust.

Thanks in advance!;)

This user has no status.
Donic Bluefire M2 on both sides. It's a more natural progression from Sriver than Tenergy. And cheaper too.

But whatever you do, don't change the rubber. It takes about 3 months of normal regular play to fully get used to the nuances of any new rubbers.

Thanks! I was just reading about Bluefire on a different thread:p Have you played with it? If so how much faster is it than Sriver or how much slower than Tenergy?
Cheers!

says Aging is a killer
Nothing is faster than Sriver.
It's a matter of how good your technique is to get the amount of speed and spin necessary for the situation.
Bluefire makes it easier to get big spin and speed than Sriver. But it all comes down to how much practice you put in.
There is no easy path and no substitute for basic good technique.
Put another way, Malong is not a big guy. Loan him your present setup and he will hit and spin the ball at a faster speed than most people here with Tenergy and Innerforce or Photino blades. In fact. put him in a match on TV and there'll be little discernible difference to his present game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
It all depends on the technique you want to learn. If you want to learn a shorter stroke , you have to go with faster european rubbers / tenergy . If you want to learn bigger strokes and believe that age and fitness is on your side that you can learn bigger strokes like the chinese players then you have to look at hurricane etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Yes , go by what your coach says. He knows your game more than anyone. Go with his advice, give it ample time and see if it works for you. If not, then you can think of alternatives. Bottomline : you have to get a good coach and trust him.
Thank you ttmoster, I will see what my (new) coach says :)