Is timo boll spirit better than timo boll ALC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Many people nowadays use timoboll spirit but for a guy looking for blades is timo boll spirit worth it and is it better than timo Alc need professional help. THANkS!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
well my friend has the alc, and their stats aren't that far apart. so i don't think there's much of a difference. also, i think the feel's just the same because they use the same carbon layers. so i'm not sure. then there's also the innerforce one, that's also like the alc and timo boll. hahahaha. i'd go for the timo boll spirit 'cause it's way cheaper than the alc and the innerforce. hahaha :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
thanks guys, as for me I also think that TBS is better and many reviews of the ALC says that it is hard to adjust to it...... anyway thanks. :)

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i been told TBS is a better blade overall and it looks nicer in my opinion

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is funny, I have hit with a few different Timo B ALCs and when they are good they are kind of amazing, the ones that are not as good are still decent blades but they don't feel like anything special. I have felt a few Timo ZLCs with the same thing. You could get addicted to the good ones. The rest are just pretty good. The ALC and the Spirit are close enough to each other that Butterfly reps cannot really tell you what the difference is. :) When you have a good bat and you use it for a while so that you get to really know how it will play, so it feels almost like part of you, that is what you want and that can happen with any good bat. I personally like the feel of all wood blades that are made in Sweden, but any good bat that you play with for a while can start to feel like it is really yours.

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
I would also like to test it, but to me it is simply too expensive

It is best to stay with the spirit wood unless you have enough money to afford the ALC wood can ^ ^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
i have michael maze. i try my friend's bat which is tbs. it's awesome. i like the feeling. :)

CJ

This user has no status.

CJ

This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 2 reviews
just got an alc this week second hand for £50 ,because i'd damaged the side of my blade, after having boll spirit for a year and i noticed almost no difference at all other then then handle looking different and being slightly more comfortable. so if you want to spend and extra £30 for a slightly different handle then go ahead but there's not much point.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
TBS is the bomb, period. Great blade, decent price, compared to say, something like an Amulart or innerforce. :)

Does everything well with control and still enough power to finish. Many rubbers are suitable for this blade and it lasts along time, if you do not smash it in frustration, haha.

This user has no status.
I have boll spirit.It has good speed and control. Also one of my friends has ALC.
I just found a difference between them and that's the weight.
TBS is 89g and ALC is 84g.
If you refer to Butterfly's 2013 catalog you'll see that ALC is lighter. And it really is,but that's very negligible amount of difference.
Also if you are an intermediate player old rubbers like sriver work better on the tbs. But that's my own opinion.

Last edited: