PDA

View Full Version : Stiga to launch 3 new rubbers in May 2013

TableTennisDaily
02-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Great news guys, I will be working alongside Stiga to test their latest products for you all on TableTennisDaily! :)

In May 2013, Stiga will be launching 3 new rubbers which are currently in the testing phase. The rubbers will be in three types:

- Soft
- Medium
- hard

I will be reviewing these rubbers in the upcoming weeks, what would you like to see in the review? It would be great to hear your opinions and ideas.

The three rubbers in the video below:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/stiga3new.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ1e5XSpq3s

3 types of rubber:

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/3stigarubbers2013.jpg

YosuaYosan
02-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Whoa! Really cool stuff, Dan!

I think taking some basic stuff from TTdb with more detailed version will be awesome:
-Speed
>on low impact shot (block, short game, service and receive, etc)
>on high impact shot (active block, loop, smash, etc)
-Spin
>again on low impact shot (block, short game, service and receive, etc)
>and on high impact shot (active block, loop, smash, etc)
-Control
>very relativistic, probably it simply needs to be added in the conclusion that A rubber is suitable for X type of play in Y range from the table or something like that
-Surface Grip
-Throw Angle
>on low impact and high impact shot (might be different!)
-Weight
-Sponge Hardness
-Gears
>again, very relativistic
-Consistency
-Durability
>very unlikely though

Probably also with 2 or 3 parts of review such as:
-Initial impression
-The physical characteristics
-The review on the table

Hopefully this could help!

Go for it Dan! The partnership between you and Stiga for TTD itself is epic enough, can't wait for the review and upcoming stuffs like this! :)

TTLondon2012
02-10-2013, 08:23 PM
I cannot wait to watch the reviews Dan

Dan
02-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Whoa! Really cool stuff, Dan!

I think taking some basic stuff from TTdb with more detailed version will be awesome:
-Speed
>on low impact shot (block, short game, service and receive, etc)
>on high impact shot (active block, loop, smash, etc)
-Spin
>again on low impact shot (block, short game, service and receive, etc)
>and on high impact shot (active block, loop, smash, etc)
-Control
>very relativistic, probably it simply needs to be added in the conclusion that A rubber is suitable for X type of play in Y range from the table or something like that
-Surface Grip
-Throw Angle
>on low impact and high impact shot (might be different!)
-Weight
-Sponge Hardness
-Gears
>again, very relativistic
-Consistency
-Durability
>very unlikely though

Probably also with 2 or 3 parts of review such as:
-Initial impression
-The physical characteristics
-The review on the table

Hopefully this could help!

Go for it Dan! The partnership between you and Stiga for TTD itself is epic enough, can't wait for the review and upcoming stuffs like this! :)

Awesome Yosua! I really appreciate your comments and have taken on board your information for the reviews :) Just waiting on the Stiga Rosewood blade and I will be making my reviews asap. I cannot wait to test these rubbers, they seem of very high quality!

LethalForehand
02-11-2013, 12:49 AM
I would like to see info on bouncyness (compared to some popular rubber - Calibra, Tenergy), and where on the scale catapult effect comes into action - at low speeds like stiga boost, or high like tenergy/hurricane. Cut weight :)?
I would love to see how they compare to Calibra lt, they look very similar. Thanks!

Pongfinity
02-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Just awesome that Stiga sent you these rubbers man! :D
Watched the video earlier, the new rubbers are interesting

What I would like to know about these rubbers is that are they similar to Calibra LT and Tenergy rubbers? Which rubber of these feels best?
Also, how big difference is there in the medium and the hard rubber? Is the hard one faster and less controll or what are your feeling about the different (soft,medium,hard) rubbers?

What's the spin, speed and control of the rubbers compared to Calibra and Tenergy would be cool to hear :)

Dan
02-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks for all comments guys, I will certainly be using your feedback in the video reviews I conduct next week :) Today I glued the rubbers on the 3 Stiga blades I have, they feel very good I have to say.. some pics below :)

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/stigabladesrubber.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/stigabladesrubber1.jpg

Scorpnox
02-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Nice :D!!!
Love Stiga blades

Dan
02-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Nice :D!!!
Love Stiga blades

Yeah they are very good Scorpnix :) Keep an eye out for our reviews :)

Scorpnox
02-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Yeah they are very good Scorpnix :) Keep an eye out for our reviews :)

Looking forward to it :)

I'm wondering what the name of the rubbers will be...

Tinykin
02-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Maybe we should suggest some TTD names to Stiga.
A brand name like 'Tenergy' sounds familiar while being totally new, thus unique. Sweden as a brand is very strong in TT circles so I think they should use a word from the Swedish language.
For my suggestion, I googled the Swedish word for Advantage. Result was " Välgörande ". Cool. huh:o

UpSideDownCarl
02-19-2013, 03:33 PM
How is the spin on them. How is the speed? What is it like for short game? What is it like for looping against underspin? What is it like looping close to the table, mid distance, long range?

How does it compare to Tenergy? Rakza 7? Calibra LT?

I don't think the name is an issue. They will come up with something. But, no reason people on the forum who like things like that, cannot try and help Stiga find a good name.

UpSideDownCarl
02-19-2013, 04:51 PM
By the way Dan, if you can get them to give you a Rosewood XO (5 ply), you should do it. That is one amazing blade. I think that is the best all wood blade I have felt. Lighter and faster than the Rosewood V NCT, with more control. The balance is really good as well. I thought the hype was just that, but, when I felt it, I loved it. And it is definitely different than the Rosewood V NCT.

That being said, a Clipper, a Rosewood V NCT and a Offensive CR WRB: Not bad. :)

Would love to hear from you how the rubber feels. I am loving my Xiom Omega IV, but, is fun to hear, and feel what different equipment is like.

T!Christian
02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Dan, how do you communicate with Stiga, through who do you contact them ? :)

T!Christian
02-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks for all comments guys, I will certainly be using your feedback in the video reviews I conduct next week :) Today I glued the rubbers on the 3 Stiga blades I have, they feel very good I have to say.. some pics below :)

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/stigabladesrubber.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/stigabladesrubber1.jpg

is it really a good idea to use 3 different blades? i mean .. how do you want to compare them if the characteristics are so different? ...

Dan
02-20-2013, 12:54 AM
is it really a good idea to use 3 different blades? i mean .. how do you want to compare them if the characteristics are so different? ...

Well I don't mean to compare them, I want to just test how good they are really using different types of blades from Stiga. I will let Stiga know how well they performed from my perspective and let you all know what they are like. I have a feeling the Medium rubber is very good just from testing the bounce and spin I get from just bouncing the ball on the bat :)

Dan
02-20-2013, 01:14 AM
How is the spin on them. How is the speed? What is it like for short game? What is it like for looping against underspin? What is it like looping close to the table, mid distance, long range?

How does it compare to Tenergy? Rakza 7? Calibra LT?

I don't think the name is an issue. They will come up with something. But, no reason people on the forum who like things like that, cannot try and help Stiga find a good name.

Thanks for this Carl, helps a lot. I will include these variations in the review :) Sure I will compare it to other rubbers, but perhaps in the future. I don't want to compare against Tenergy etc just right now. I will check how it performs just from trying it out. I don't want to have a one sided opinion etc. I will just test it's performance :) A comparison review could be on the cards in the near future.

By the way Dan, if you can get them to give you a Rosewood XO (5 ply), you should do it. That is one amazing blade. I think that is the best all wood blade I have felt. Lighter and faster than the Rosewood V NCT, with more control. The balance is really good as well. I thought the hype was just that, but, when I felt it, I loved it. And it is definitely different than the Rosewood V NCT.

That being said, a Clipper, a Rosewood V NCT and a Offensive CR WRB: Not bad. :)

Would love to hear from you how the rubber feels. I am loving my Xiom Omega IV, but, is fun to hear, and feel what different equipment is like.

Nice yeah I've heard a lot about the Rosewood XO (5 ply) to. Sounds like a great blade if it maintains the control to. I can see if I can get one in the future and I will test with the new rubbers. I think these rubbers are going to be great, I have a good feeling about them :)

p.s. your long awaited equipment review's system on TTD will be complete soon. Been working on it for 2 months now :D It's really coming along now :)

UpSideDownCarl
02-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks for this Carl, helps a lot. I will include these variations in the review :) Sure I will compare it to other rubbers, but perhaps in the future. I don't want to compare against Tenergy etc just right now. I will check how it performs just from trying it out. I don't want to have a one sided opinion etc. I will just test it's performance :) A comparison review could be on the cards in the near future.

Nice yeah I've heard a lot about the Rosewood XO (5 ply) to. Sounds like a great blade if it maintains the control to. I can see if I can get one in the future and I will test with the new rubbers. I think these rubbers are going to be great, I have a good feeling about them :)

p.s. your long awaited equipment review's system on TTD will be complete soon. Been working on it for 2 months now :D It's really coming along now :)

Nice. It will be very cool to have once it is set up for everyone.

I understand why you want to just focus on how it plays first and not compare it to other rubbers to start out. Makes sense. I also understand why you might want to feel the rubbers on several different blades. It will be fun to hear how you like the blades and the rubbers. :)

Who knows, Stiga just might succeed in getting you to change your setup. :)

Giangt
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Instead of double posting you guys can find their names her:
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4415-What-will-the-Stiga-rubbers-be-called

Enjoy :)

Dan
02-21-2013, 02:39 AM
Nice. It will be very cool to have once it is set up for everyone.

I understand why you want to just focus on how it plays first and not compare it to other rubbers to start out. Makes sense. I also understand why you might want to feel the rubbers on several different blades. It will be fun to hear how you like the blades and the rubbers. :)

Who knows, Stiga just might succeed in getting you to change your setup. :)

Thanks Carl, yeah just a product test really. I can compare later. I will be honest, today I tried the rubbers with my friend for a quick test and wow they are impressive. Stay tuned for the video :)

UpSideDownCarl
02-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Thanks Carl, yeah just a product test really. I can compare later. I will be honest, today I tried the rubbers with my friend for a quick test and wow they are impressive. Stay tuned for the video :)

Cool. Get some good camera angles so we can see how much of a hook you can put on your sidespin loops. :)

Dan
02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Cool. Get some good camera angles so we can see how much of a hook you can put on your sidespin loops. :)

Haha you have the best ideas Carl! :) Will do :)

UpSideDownCarl
02-21-2013, 02:32 PM
When people at Spin watch me and my friends hit, at night, when there are no pros and we are the best players there, they are always amazed at how we can get the ball to curve 4-5 feet left or right when we are back from the table and going loop to loop. It definitely gives you an idea of how much spin is being put on that little ball.

One of my training partners is a lefty and it took me a while to be able to handle the lefty hook. But now I have it and we have these great rallies forehand to forehand from mid-distance looping. So much fun. I got good enough with it that, a few weeks ago I was hitting with a 2500 level lefty and he was amazed that I could take his hook with my forehand from the backhand side and loop it back. hahaha

Nothing better than something that really shows you how much spin there is on the ball.

jedimasterplk
02-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Dan, I suppose the biggest question is this - why would a good player change from regular calibra LT? I have been using it for a long time now, and don't think I will risk using anything else right now - I know a few top players using calibra LT and happy with it. So why would we want to change - or rather, are these 'new' rubbers worth it? Personally, I very much doubt it.

UpSideDownCarl
02-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Dan, I suppose the biggest question is this - why would a good player change from regular calibra LT? I have been using it for a long time now, and don't think I will risk using anything else right now - I know a few top players using calibra LT and happy with it. So why would we want to change - or rather, are these 'new' rubbers worth it? Personally, I very much doubt it.

Wang Hao uses Sriver on his backhand. :) He has not changed that since the speed glue days. I wonder, does he speed glue it. :) Of course you can use anything. But what made so many people change from Bryce Speed to Tenergy? Or from Boost to Calibra? Sometimes the next generation is not that different. Sometimes it is noticeably better for certain things.

I am looking forward to hearing the reviews.

Dan
02-21-2013, 02:41 PM
When people at Spin watch me and my friends hit, at night, when there are no pros and we are the best players there, they are always amazed at how we can get the ball to curve 4-5 feet left or right when we are back from the table and going loop to loop. It definitely gives you an idea of how much spin is being put on that little ball.

One of my training partners is a lefty and it took me a while to be able to handle the lefty hook. But now I have it and we have these great rallies forehand to forehand from mid-distance looping. So much fun. I got good enough with it that, a few weeks ago I was hitting with a 2500 level lefty and he was amazed that I could take his hook with my forehand from the backhand side and loop it back. hahaha

Nothing better than something that really shows you how much spin there is on the ball.

So so so true! Yesterday I did some shots with the pro players at the Bristol Table Tennis Academy. The way we tested the rubbers was going back from the table doing top spins to top spins... to have a look a the spin and feel. We found the soft version to have more spin. I may upload a teaser video today for you :)

Yeah your right and I understand your question. But I guess this is how the world works, like why buy a Samsung galaxy S4 when you have the S2. I think because Stiga have made 3 new products they will be using their latest technology and the factories will probably have come up with something better than their previous manufactured equipment's.

Fair point tho jedimasterplk :)

CaptainBit
10-28-2014, 05:56 AM
Sorry to ask what maybe a dumb question but.....Where can I find these reviews please??
I have just aquired a Stiga Allround Classic Evolution blade and I am keen to fit Stiga rubbers to it.

raazzz
11-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Sorry to ask what maybe a dumb question but.....Where can I find these reviews please??
I have just aquired a Stiga Allround Classic Evolution blade and I am keen to fit Stiga rubbers to it.

Try to search after STIGA reviews in the search function. However I know that STIGA Calibra LT works very well with the Classic Evolution blade! :)