says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Jun Mizutani and Seiya Kishikawa of Japan tested Butterfly's latest rubber 'Tenergy 80'. Both players used a variety of shots to analyse it's performance from a players perspective.

Have you tried Tenergy 80 yet? Let us know below :)

tenergy80test1.jpg

tenergy80test2.jpg

tenergy80test3.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Well, I played with Tenergy 05 on my BH and now switched to Tenergy 80.
Close distance: easy and fast drive/block - hard to do loop/spin on close balls.
Mid distance: relatively easy to do loop/spin on slow balls but hard to do it on fast balls (i.e. counter attacks) - easy and fast drive/block.
Far distance: easy to do looping and the loops are charged with great spin (the ball immediately changes its trajectory after hitting the table)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Well, I played with Tenergy 05 on my BH and now switched to Tenergy 80.
Close distance: easy and fast drive/block - hard to do loop/spin on close balls.
Mid distance: relatively easy to do loop/spin on slow balls but hard to do it on fast balls (i.e. counter attacks) - easy and fast drive/block.
Far distance: easy to do looping and the loops are charged with great spin (the ball immediately changes its trajectory after hitting the table)
Wow thanks, this is much more helpful than the video...

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Seems to me like a guy with a script is standing behind the camera dictating what both Mizutani as Kishikawa should say. This is pure promotional deception like guys in white labcoats telling you how good this new toothpaste is...
I don't say it's a bad rubber, I've never played with it, but this video is of no objective significance in any way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Seems to me like a guy with a script is standing behind the camera dictating what both Mizutani as Kishikawa should say. This is pure promotional deception like guys in white labcoats telling you how good this new toothpaste is...
I don't say it's a bad rubber, I've never played with it, but this video is of no objective significance in any way.

Couldn't agree more! Tenergy 80 is not a rubber that came out of space.
The topsheet is the same with the previous tenergies, the pimple structure is a little different and the sponge is softer. It is something between T64 & T05