Is your backhand better?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Dude,

Backhand loop is important but in my opinion you shouldn't think your backhand as a "killing point" stroke. Try to focus these strong techniques on your forehand and use your backhand just to let the point longer. Prepare your forehand loop or forehand smash with your backhand.

Here's something very simple:

I'm the blue shirt guy^^
This is a very simple exercise. We were doing backhand to backhand and whenever I wanted I did a forehand loop(without much power) and after that was just a free point.

It seems to be nothing but if you keep doing it in different ways you'll learn the good balls to spin or the good balls to hit fast and so on...

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey nice, thanks for posting your technique on the backhand...

Its good you have quick action which is great... but heres some pointers that i think you could use to further its progression...

- bend your legs a bit more and be more square on to the direction of the ball.. and the moment your left leg is coming back as you hit.
- also, bring your right shouldner down a bit more and hit the ball a lot slower....
- focus on getting spin,, and try to get it consistent for about 10 to 15 shots in a row...
- once you have mastered this you can begin to hit it fast ect..
- bend wrist, and release from the elbow on contact..

I also agree with KIMO, you neeed to develop an all round game that has killing weapons to..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Dan,

I still prefer you dad's backhand. lol

But that technique is too advance for mere mortals like us!

P.S: Does he got a tatoo on his left arm?

Can't get enough of that BH!! He really smacked the ball didn't he? hahaha What made it even difficult was because the ball was going to his FH! And that laughter!! Priceless!! LOL

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
My backhand is better...that is all :p

Just kidding. I don't agree that using a backhand to win a point is a bad thing, using backhands for 3rd ball attack is fine, some people have better technique on their backhand and better feeling for the more offensive play, it's good to have a full range of shots on both wings.

I think you need to keep your body and your head lower when you are playing your backhand, it looks like you bring the whole upper half of your body into an upright position when your start swinging at the ball and that's not ideal. Staying low ensure that your power stays grounded until the point where you play the shot and that you can move easily for the next shot, also try and develop a short backswing for the shot, at the moment it seems a little too punchy, if you can generate more topspin on the ball then again you have more range in your game to play with variation :D