What is your playing style and what kinds of players do you tend to lose against?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
OK. Just some random questions to know you people here :D

So I'm a shakehander, chopper, lp on backhand and smooth on the forehand, I tend to chop more with my backhand and I have a pretty aggressive attacking forehand that is not 100% effective(still is working on with my consistency with chopping).
ofcourse I lose to people who trains more than me and I also tend to lose against people who lobs a lot with a lot of sidespin because I'm not that tall and the ball is just too high.. but no excuses.. and I like playing with people who topspins heavily and is fast.. though I don't win most of the time, but if I chopped consistently and returned the ball to his side almost all the time..the feeling I get is amazing.. but more amazing if I do win.. the best player I have played with according to rankings was probably our country's ranked no.4 player in the U14..
you??

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
i use cpen with rbh (wang hao). i play aggressive attack game. i use fast inverted rubbers on both sides. i lose a lot to spinny mid-distance defenders because of my poor footwalk and lack of patience. any advice is welcomed.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I'm a 5th ball player, I like to have a bit more time so I open at about 70% pace on the 3rd ball and then play hard or place hard on the 5th ball. I usually tend to lose to people who have strong tight games or counterloop early in the bounce.

This user has no status.
I'm a chopper on both sides with a pretty steady fh counter-topspin. I also attack with lp on my backhand and twiddle to chop and block with tenergy on bh or chop and topspin with curl on fh. I love going to the back and playing those really weird shots once in a while :D I like playing against offensive players, but I usually lose when my opponent knows how to make those really really low and really fast-accelerating topspins or have no space in my playing venue to move all the way back :(

says Back on TTD finally 🥳
I'm a pretty offensive player. I try to attack as often and as much as I can but I can also play longer rallies, e.g: topspin rallies *-* .
Especially with my FH topspin I win the points.
I usually loose against players who have a good block, so my offense doesn't matter or against ppl who attack earlier and better than me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
I love going to the back and playing those really weird shots once in a while I like playing against offensive players, but I usually lose when my opponent knows how to make those really really low....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I am an offensive player. My coach is teaching me to loop slow spinny topspins and then over the table fast attack and I have to attack first. I love this sport so much that I can play against many styles. Lobbers, defenders/choppers, attackers.. anyone.. except some wierd guys in my league without any technique or something just uncomfortable/nasty game. But I think I'll manage somehow to win against them :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm a professional multiball feeder now, and practice partner now :p
I loose against my weight and lack of footwork, muscles strength, form etc

Before that, I am a Cpen inverted both side, two wing attacker with RPB.
I prefer 3rd ball - 5th ball game, and my strength is to follow the point before 5th to 7th point, as well as service and service return.

I don't like to play against lefties and choppers.
I love lobbers, as they tend to get very tired with me moving them around :p

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I'm an allround attacker, two winged looper - most of my game is about service/return, clever play with spin/speed variation in the open play :)

Tend to lose against aggressive LP-players or very aggresive offensive high level players, but I don't normally have a type that I don't like playing against.. If the other player is better than me and knows how to play me, he wins. If I get in and are able to control the game and "outsmart" the opponent I normally win :)