Hard Vs Soft Blades for Tenergy or rubbers like it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Which type of blade is better for tenergy. i know some comes down to preference, but what are the differences you will notice?
more feel with one, more speed with one? etc

specifically talking about the differences between an ALC blade or a T5000 blade

will the T5000 feel too fast? will the ALC have more control? will one of them bottom out? etc

any differences and info will help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
i use spintech carbogold cs, a very thin tricarbon blade. i was warned not to use ternergy rubbers with it. i went ahead with ternergy rubbers on it and had awful experience. it was uncontrollable and the set-up was too heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
well ive only ever played with my soft or medium as far as i know. ive played with M. Maze, timo boll ALC. Donic Epox offensive. and i wanna say there was another one, but oh well.

but will i find it hard to switch to a hard blade? like lack of dwell time? lack of control? any difference on touch shots?

comparatively at least so something like the M. Maze.

and i wish i had the money to be an EJ :p
because i definitely would be

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
For me personally, hard blade with a tenergy means no control of the ball a very hard touch of it. I like soft blades with this rubber, couse as tenergies are usually hard, it goes perfectly with soft blades :) Just my thought

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It doesn't matter what blade is used. It's down to player preference.
If a player prefers hard blades, then he won't like a soft blade with Tenergy.
If a player likes soft blades, then he won't like a hard blade with Tenergy.
And so on.
But if he's an EJ, then anything goes;)

This is true. Not much more needs to be said. And I have felt Tenergy on many different blades and it felt and worked really well on all of them. :)

TB ALC, TB ZLF, TB ZLC, MMaze, Clipper, Rosewood V, Rosewood XO, Ebenholz V, Ebenholz VII, ZJK, Jun Mizutani.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Come on, Carl. You are only playing at this EJ thing. Where are the defence and All-round blades?

My EJ streak only runs to offensive play. I don't need to try Tenergy on a defensive blade. :) But I do use a blade called Allround Evolution. Even though the name says Allround in it, it is not an Allround speed: it is actually Off-. :) But, I have tried Tenergy on:

Stiga Allround Classic, Allround NCT, Tube Allround, Butterfly Primorac Off-, Donic Persson Power Play, Nittaku Accustic, Joola Linus, Joola Viva, Butterfly Viscaria, Butterfly Photino, Butterfly Innerforce ZLF....hey wait, I am back to offensive blades. :)

Felt good on all of them even though the Photino, and the Linus did not feel good to me. They still felt better with Tenergy than with other rubbers.

Last edited: