Which team do you think will win the World Team Classic 2013?

• China

Votes: 89 90.8%
  • Germany

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Austria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chinese Tapei

• Singapore

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sweden

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Brazil

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
2013 World Team Classic, 28 Mar 2013 - 31 Mar 2013, Guangzhou, China

So far the 2013 season has been spectacular, with many great events such as the top Chinese clashing in world tours, China Trials, Japan Top 12, National Championships, Champions League and sensational table tennis shots. We now all get to look forward to the World Team Classic which will be held in southern Chinese city of Guangzhou from Thursday 28th to Sunday 31st March 2013 and has an impressive prize fund of US$ 268,000. Live matches from the World Team Classic can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated chat!

The winners of the Men’s Team and Women’s Team events collect US$ 50,000; the runners up secure US$ 24,000 each.

A total of 12 Men’s and 12 Women’s Teams will compete in the four day event with each continent being represented.

Main Draw

The draw was released at 5.00pm on Wednesday 27th March 2013

Men's Groups
Women's Groups

The London 2012 Olympic Gold Medalists China and the current World #1 has enter the World Team Classic as the #1 seed.

worldteam2013.jpg

China the no.1 seed, photo by: Saeed Khan/AFP/Getty Images

Men's Team

koreaworldteamclassic2013.jpg

Korea Republic enter the tournament as the #3 seed - Photo by: reuters

The following Men´s teams are invited to participate at the 2013 ITTF World Team Classic:

1) China
2) Germany
3) Korea Republic
4) Japan
5) Austria
6) Chinese Tapei
7) Singapore
8) Sweden
9) Brazil
10) Egypt
11) Australia
12) USA

Women's Team

The following Women´s teams are invited to participate at the 2013 ITTF World Team Classic:

jiworldteamclassic.jpg

Germany enter the tournament as the #6 seed - Photo by: Feng Li/Getty Images Europe

1) China
2) Singapore
3) Korea Republic
4) Japan
5) Hong Kong
6) Germany
7) Netherlands
8) Poland
9) USA
10) Australia
11) Brazil
12) Egypt

Live matches from the World Team Classic can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has integrated chat!

The line up is huge! Who do you think will win? Will China maintain momentum from previous victories? Can the European hopeful's of Germany, Austria cause some impact? Can the mighty Japanese impose a threat?

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
I'm travelling out there to watch all four days so should be fun :)

Timing schedule is here:
http://www.ittf.com/World_Events/2013WTC/time_schedule_2013WTC_GMT.pdf

Playing system here if you can make sense of it:
http://www.ittf.com/World_Events/2013WTC/WTC_Playing System_2013.pdf

There is also a new seed list with some interesting omissions:
http://www.ittf.com/World_Events/2013WTC/Seeding Lists_WTC_2013 Teams.pdf

(e.g. no Joo Saehyuk for Korea?; Germany with Boll/Ovtch/Baum/Franz but no Steger or Suss)
Also a shame that Portugal did not qualify.

Administrator
Oct 2010
I'm travelling out there to watch all four days so should be fun :)

Timing schedule is here:
http://www.ittf.com/World_Events/2013WTC/time_schedule_2013WTC_GMT.pdf

Playing system here if you can make sense of it:
http://www.ittf.com/World_Events/2013WTC/WTC_Playing System_2013.pdf

There is also a new seed list with some interesting omissions:
http://www.ittf.com/World_Events/2013WTC/Seeding Lists_WTC_2013 Teams.pdf

(e.g. no Joo Saehyuk for Korea?; Germany with Boll/Ovtch/Baum/Franz but no Steger or Suss)
Also a shame that Portugal did not qualify.

Thanks for the links! Much appreciated!

My friend from Korea told me Joo Se Hyuk, Ryu Seung Min and Oh Sang Eun have retired from World Events as they want the younger generation to play. So we won't be seeing Joo Se Hyuk in major tournaments like this. This is only going by what my friend said who knows all the Korean National Team players... Anyone else know more about this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Thanks for the links! Much appreciated!

My friend from Korea told me Joo Se Hyuk, Ryu Seung Min and Oh Sang Eun have retired from World Events as they want the younger generation to play. So we won't be seeing Joo Se Hyuk in major tournaments like this. This is only going by what my friend said who knows all the Korean National Team players... Anyone else know more about this?

well that sucks. hopefully they might still play in the worlds...Joo may want to play in Paris again, the place where his career kicked off, might be his last hurrah? :)

Administrator
Oct 2010
well that sucks. hopefully they might still play in the worlds...Joo may want to play in Paris again, the place where his career kicked off, might be his last hurrah? :)

Yeah I agree! I will ask my friend and get back to you on this one... surely the mighty Joo will play WTTC :D Will get back to you shortly.

Administrator
Oct 2010
haha, cheers :)

Hey Supper Chopper, I just spoke with my Korean friend, interestingly he said, Joo and Oh will play in the World Championships this year in Paris. Hes not to sure if they will retire from International duty after this. I really cannot wait for this event to take off and the WTTC! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
when was the last time timo competed in international event? feels like it has been a while

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
go joo! :p

i did hear that ryu seung min has fully retired from internationals though, so its a shame we wont see him. will be good to see joo and oh though, even if this is their last ever wttc :)

Timo's last international event was the European championships i think...he is probably trying to ensure he doesnt pick up an injury pre WTTC like he did for yokohama so is playing less competitions, only playing ecl and bundesliga for now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
JOO can't retire.... :(
Paris is waiting for him to repeat his feat

Sad HK did not qualify. Chinese Taipei upset against them last WTTTC 3-2

i personally think they should have picked the invited teams based on rankings, not the results of a comp that happened almost 1 year ago...
ah well, cant change it now :)

Reactions: pingpingpongpong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Well, China of course ;) There's no better team in the world and they'll win. Germany will be the runner up, in my opinion :)