VICTAS V > 01 & V > 01 Limber : rumors, impressions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Hello guys.I´m new in this forum. I play table tennis for many years and live in Oxford for one semester. My language skills are not so good, but hope I can improve it soon ^ ^.

I wanted to know if you have heard something of the new VICTAS rubbers V > 01 and V > 01 Limber. According to VICTAS the release date in europe is 26.04.13. In German forums is already spoken very positively about it - even on the German Facebook page of VICTAS there are some info's.

maybe I can check the japanese website. the japanese players should have V > 01 already. but I hate to read articles translated by google translate XD

so far from my side

best regards

TaTe-Maniac

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
no response to my thread?

is no one interested in VICTAS and their new rubber?

I found in an german tabletennis forum some reviews and first impressions of V > 01. Some of the Shops in Germany have Rackets and rubbers for rental so the players can try some materials before the official release.

according to their reviews V > 01 seems to be an very good rubber. Cant wait till release^^

best regards

TaTe-Maniac

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
There are a lot of new products in TT now, especially now that some brands are releasing stuff for Paris WTTC. Maybe too much to keep track of everything and be excited ;). Especially with so many German rubbers, Bluefire, Rasant, V-01, the secret Adidas rubbers, it's hard to be excited for yet another rubber from that factory.

The Victas blades look nice but at 75-90€, they are competing with 50-60€ carbon or kevlar blades from Donic, Yasaka, Tibhar, Stiga, Andro and so on. Xiom carbon/kevlar blades are in that 80€ range too.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
markvee:
Yeah, that´s a fair point. I talked about this point with my friends too. A big point for VICTAS is that they already released their products in Japan; V > 01 for example release in Japan was october 2012. Tons of Players have tested this rubber, especially professional tabletennis players. Most of the reputations and reviews were quite positive.

I think when the reputations in japan were so good this rubber is worth to try.

About their new blades: I read the description about their dynacore technologie. The fact, that you have the power from carbon and still keep more control sounds pretty good to me. I often tried blades with carbon but most of them seemed to be pretty hard and bit difficult to control. Maybe the new firefall series make it little easier.

ttmedari:

I´m not a defensive player so I don´t have that many information about this blade...the only thing I know is that Koji Matsushita himself created this blade and we all know that he knows a lot about defensive playstyle^^

so far from me

best regards

TaTe-Maniac

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Hey guys,

I had the opportunity to test V > 01 and V > 01 Limber in combination with an Firefall AC. My language skill isn´t so good, but I try to evaluate both rubbers as good as possible.

I usually play Agrit speed FH and Agrit BH.

V > 01 was pretty fast! I usually play blades without carbon so it was very fast in combination with Firefall AC and bit difficult to control. But for players who like to play fast and hard balls this combi might be nice. Topsheet was quite adhesive so it was easy to make good service. I had also good feeling at return. Some of the „new generation“ rubbers were hard to control at return and „short-short play“ but V > 01 was good at controlling the ball.

V > 01 Limber has softer Sponge compared to V > 01. You can recognize that when you block offensive balls. Since I played softer rubber on my BH side, Limber is perfect from the hardness.

I want to explain more but first I have to playtest lot more with these rubbers.

Best regards

TaTe-Maniac

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Hello again,

Had someone the chance to test the victas rubbers?

Last week I played another few hours with V > 01. I´m not good at explaining stuff in detail like other people in this forum, but I try to describe my experience with V > 01:

First good point was Topspin. The rubber accelerate quite good on impact. A quick fast stroke is enough to make good spin & speed.Topspins near the table was quite easy and strong to play. When you step back a little you have to do more work. Some of the topspins had an kind of "irregular" spin, so it was for my opponent bit difficult to control. Normally I make several mistakes when I try topspin vs topspin. But I had the feeling, that V > 01 was easier to control. My topspins reached other side of the table even I didn't hit the sweet spot.

But Topspin against lot of rotation like chop was bit difficult. you have to do lot of work so the ball doesn't hit the net. Some of my topspins hit the net when I tried to make a topspin against chop. maybe I need just more practise...

Block was awesome. you have good feeling and control. even during a practise match I could block some strong topspins which I couldn't block before with other tension rubbers.

techniques over the table: stop balls was easy to play, flick was also easy, but was not that impressive like for example flick with tenergy.

service: good to control, easy to make short service with rotation.

conclusion: all in all good rubber. for an tension rubber it is easy to control and allows you an safe offensive play.

would be cool if someone can add some details since my english is not so good^^

best regards
TaTe-Maniac

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
in my opinion V>01 Limber is a very good rubber for people looking for a soft rubber with a lot of spin, power and control. it´s similar to the Donic Acuda S2 in hardness but with a little more spin.

My personal favourite of the new Victas rubbers is the V>01 stiff. Medium sponge with a rather hard rubber, good amount of catapult, very much control and speed, a nice sound and lots of spin.

go and get it, the "normal" V>01 if you like hard rubbers, the stiff for medium and the limber for soft touch.

says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
It is TSP that created this brand. The Victas V01 Limber is a very good rubber with massive spin capabilities. It has a very low trajectory, that i wasnt too fond of in the beginning. But once adjusted, it was ok. Made in Germany by ESN.