Which team do you think will win the first leg?

• Asian Team (Zhang Jike, Chuang Chih Yuan, Jun Mizutani, Joo Se Hyuk, Jiang Tianyui)

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • European Team (Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Vladimir Samsonov, Adrian Crisan, Chen Weixing, Marcos Freitas)

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
2013 Euro – Asia All Stars Challenge, First Leg, March 16th and 17th, Qingdao, China

The 2013 Asia-Euro All Star Challenge will commence this weekend. Last year Europe won in a close 6-4 games against Asia to win the 2012 Europe-Asia All Stars Series Trophy. This year around we have the reigning Olympic Champion Zhang Jike representing Asia, could we see a different outcome?

The first leg will bring table tennis stars from both Continents of the world on March 16th and 17th in China’s Qingdao. This epic Series first began back in 2009, and this year the fifth year has a total prize fund of 95,000 Euros. Winning team will receive 63,000 euro's.

This year around is the strongest line up the Asia-Euro All Star Challenge series has ever seen with current world number 3 and reigning Olympic and World Champion Zhang Jike representing Team Asia!

zhangjikeasiaveuro.jpg

Zhang Jike - Photo by: Roscher

The Draw can be found here: http://www.ettu.org/lss/euroasia/

Asian Team

Zhang Jike
Chuang Chih Yuan
Jun Mizutani
Joo Se Hyuk
Jiang Tianyui

mizutanirussia2013.jpg

Jun Mizutani - Photo by: Butterfly Online

European Team

Dimitrij Ovtcharov
Vladimir samsonov
Adrian Crisan
Chen Weixing
Marcos Freitas

dimaasiavseuro2013.jpg

Dimitrij Ovtcharov - Photo by: ettu.og

According to ettu.org Zhang Jike will meet Samsonov on the opening day, and Ovtcharov will meeting the Olympic Champion on Sunday. The draw will be announced Friday 15th march 2013!

What a line up! This is the strongest ever Asia-Euro Star Challenge! Who do you think will win? Will the Europeans retain the title? We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! What are your predictions.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I'm predicting the Asia team to win here, I think they are to strong in depth, however this will be one epic match up! I take it the live streaming will be on Laola1 TV?

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I totally forgot about this tournament because ITTF doesn't mention it... Oh well looking at those names tells me my weekend won't be boring. ^^

Haha I was thinking the same! :) What a weekend we get to look forward to Steven! :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Asia will win. a strong line up from both teams, but the asian team is better.

europe would be in with more of a shout if Timo was playing aswell, instead of chen weixing or marcos freitas.
im also slightly surprised mattenet wasnt playing, perhaps he hasnt been up to scratch recently.

there isnt a women version of this, is there?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Any way to watch this live somewhere? The link mms://live.sports.cn/live2 is not working for me in the browser, not on the mac or pc.